AKV/Jambo value studio views/questions

leebee

DIS Veteran
A friend is gifting us DVC points she can't use and our waitlist request came through; I just learned we have 3 nights in early Jan 2021 in a value studio at AKV/Jambo House! Is it possible to make a request for a partial/savanna view room? What is the best way to do this? I have a membership with touring plans; can they make the room request for us, or do I have to ask my friend to put in the request via member services? Should I ask for a specific room (or similar) or is there a location to ask for (like I know at Kidani it's recommended to ask for a studio near the Pumbaa elevator if you want a partial savanna view)? I am just so excited to get the 3 nights at Jambo instead of 2 nights at Kidani. Services at Jambo are limited, but hey- it's an extra night at Disney!!

Also, 2 more questions: What kind of coffee makers the rooms have/what kind of filters or coffee I should bring? AND as we are staying as guests of a DVC member, will we need to pay for parking at the resort? Information is somewhat confusing on this... many seem to think it's only cash-reservation guests who pay, or that the DVC member doesn't have to pay but anyone else who is their guest does, or... any info on this?

I don’t have an answer to your first question but you will not have to pay for parking if you are staying on points.

I haven’t stayed at AKL but the studios at the Polly, GF, Saratoga & beach club all had a 12 cup mr. coffee maker that takes the basket filters. The do sell the filters in the gift shop if you don’t want to pack them.

As far as view; it used to be (from what I understand) they did not consider room requests for value rooms. Could be wrong, or could be different now - but no harm in asking. It has to be put on the reservation in the DVC point owners account. Keep in mind: there are so few value rooms it's almost impossible to get what you want unless it's serendipity.

Rooms have a normal Mr.Coffee. In January, DVC stopped charging for extra coffee and filters so you can get a refill or bring your own.

When on DVC points, parking is always free at the resort.

One cannot make any location or view requests with value rooms. It is luck of the draw. All are in the front part of the building. 40% are pool view, 40% are savanna, and 20% front entrance area.

I don’t have an answer to your first question but you will not have to pay for parking if you are staying on points.

I haven’t stayed at AKL but the studios at the Polly, GF, Saratoga & beach club all had a 12 cup mr. coffee maker that takes the basket filters. The do sell the filters in the gift shop if you don’t want to pack them.
They give you a coffee maker, coffee grounds, and creamer, but they do not give you filters?

They give you a coffee maker, coffee grounds, and creamer, but they do not give you filters?

The coffee they give you does come in the all in one pack with the filter so if someone wants to just use that, you don’t need to bring filters,

And, you can request more coffee if need be,

I made a request recently with touringplans.com and got the exact opposite of what I requested. At Boardwalk- I asked for any room but the first floor - and I was assigned a first floor room. So- good luck on that one.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter