AKV experts I need some help

Goofy DVC

OKW member since 93
I will be booking a reservation for my daughter for AKV. I am open to any feedback such as the difference between Kidani and Jambo, and room request if I am able to secure a savana view. As always thanks for the help.:goodvibes

I will be booking a reservation for my daughter for AKV. I am open to any feedback such as the difference between Kidani and Jambo, and room request if I am able to secure a savana view. As always thanks for the help.:goodvibes

What size room? For a studio, I would go with Jambo, rooms are about the same size. For a 1 bedroom or larger, I would go with Kidani, the rooms are much larger and has an extra bathroom.

Hi
We have stayed in studios in both Kidani and Jambo. In Kidani we like being on a lower floor and closer to the animals. Jambo rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors only. We also like the pool at Kidani better.

In Jambo we like the lobby which is a larger and so impressive. We also like to have access to the counter service restaurant, Mara and the table service restaurants Boma and Jiko if we are there for a week or more. For a short stay, walking or taking a bus over to Jambo is not a big deal to us.

If I was only going once, I think I would go to Jambo if staying in a studio. You absolutely cant go wrong with either, IMHO.

Im sure she will be thrilled with either. Good luck in deciding!

What size room? For a studio, I would go with Jambo, rooms are about the same size. For a 1 bedroom or larger, I would go with Kidani, the rooms are much larger and has an extra bathroom.

Thanks Deb, I will be booking a 1 BR.

Just returned from the world yesterday. We stayed at a 1BR in Kidani in 7663 - 2nd floor Savannah view. No problems with housekeeping, bus service, etc.

My 2 major compaints (which will likely keep me from staying at AKL again) are (1) most of my Savannah view was of an access road, not a savannah, so felt like it was a huge waste of points, and (2) it felt like a 1/2 mile hike to get to the room. After walking the parks all day, I did not want to walk another mile round trip to go to the store/lobby/restaraunts.

Biggest lesson learned is that you MUST put in a room request at this resort. This is something I've never felt compelled to do at any other DVC resort (and have stayed at all but OKW at this point). Request something close to the lobby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter