• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV... anyone else jump in last minute like me?

disney dumbo

Mouseketeer
I'm officially hooked... fairly new DVCer... that fully understand addonitis!:yay:

I tried to wait out for more official details... but just seeing some on the DVCmember site... that seem to never keep the same look (What's going on there? it's not conflicting... but always changing... sometimes detailing promotion... sometimes detailing room make up... now mentions something about June 4 price increase... what???). I had to jump in before the price increase that I thought was March 5... and to become a founding member!

Mainly because all the posts and info here from this great board... had me sold! Thank you for giving me the bug! :grouphug:

I love the thought of seeing all the animals from my villa. The artist rendering of the lobby looks awesome! My guide got me more excited... talking about the "feature" pool... and the new restaurant that would have savanna views. (I had asked him if it would be hard to walk between the new DVC and the Lodge... he said those at the lodge would be the one wanting to walk over to the DVC side!) I know he is a sales person, but I have to agree with his confirmation of how special it would be... "there is no other place like AKV/AKL"... in the world! :cheer2:

Of course, I'm a little nervous... what the next promotion will be... should I have waited???

Anyone else out there where the Feb. 28 deadline forced them to act??!

Welcome to the club......
I actually added 50 points at AKV on the first day......thats all we really needed....actually didn't need them at all, we had 750 SSR points which was enough (if it can ever be enough) at least for now. So its nagging me that I really should have added on 100...so February 28th I called my guide....I think I'm the addonitis Queen....he said he'd been waiting for my call.

We didn't wait until the 28th but we did put a call into our guide to purchase on Saturday. Dh and I had time to finish talking about it with it being a weekend. I don't think there will be a better incentive out there although there are reports that the incentive deadline for current members will be extended until June. The main reason we went ahead and purchased was to make sure we got 2007 points since those are limited and of course be ready to call on May 16th to book our first stay there.:) Congratulations on your add-on. I had wondered how many people would be calling on the 28th.:)

I knew I loved this concept from the beginning... although I've never even personally seen the AKL! (But I did see what they did with Wilderness Lodge... and since I've always been a huge YNP fan... Beautiful :thumbsup2 ) And, we've always been a "room with a view" type of vacationer. I mean when you are some where special... that's what I want... room and all... special!

DVC now allows me to afford it... more than once in my lifetime!
just looked at early Dec. rates $93/allstars AKL = $321/savanna view $1367/2br club... I know some people get discounts... but I like our price the best...
$93/50yr= $1.86 + $4.62MF = $6.48/pt
x 11/studio SV = $71.28
or x 30 2BR SV = $194.40
or X37 for club =$239.76
I know this is not completely right... 'cause it doesn't figure for opportunity cost, etc. but it also doesn't look at inflation for room rates/taxes... or increased MF, etc., etc., etc. Sooo... I'll just have to think... it IS my out of pocket expense!
Guess you can tell I'm new... got to look at the $ still!!!

I think I actually called my guide the first day intending to buy 50 points... but he was not available. When he did call back, he caught me in the thought... that I could buy 50 anytime... what was the rush... Ha! Then as the month moved on... I decided the rush was important... 100 would be appropriate to get the discount, etc. Then when I figured they were prorating the MF... the next 50 points were almost a gift! :laughing:

I've become excellent at justifying things!:wizard:

So...
looking forward to our future stays!!!!
Keep the information coming!!!:flower3:

I agree. There's only ONE place on property we (family of 5 ) could stay for less than DVC "rates" (and I'm not sure after taxes and fees it WOULD be less): ASMusic Family Suites.

We get a 1 BR Savannah view for about $175 per night (one weekend night) for our 6 night stay.

I don't know about you but...that seems sorta like a "no brainer" equation to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter