• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL: Winter Squash Soup?!??

Kapp

<font color=CC33CC>Tag patience is a virture I am
Anyone have the recipie for this? Can't remember if this is the exact name but it tastes like the richest pumpkin pie ever...but in a soup! Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kapp

Could it be this one?

PUMPKIN CHEESE SOUP
from Boma’s

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients:

2 lb Pumpkin Puree, canned or
2 lb Pumpkin Puree, fresh roasted and pureed
2 qt Vegetable Stock or Chicken Stock
2 c Diced Onions
1 c Diced Celery
1 c Diced Carrots
1 c Honey
1 Tbl Chopped Garlic
¼ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp Cloves
To Taste Salt
1 lb Sliced American Cheese
1 qt Heavy Cream

Add all ingredients in a saucepan excep for the cheese. Cook slowly over medium heat for 30 minutes. Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth. Slowly add the American cheese until melted. Add heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes.

Garnish with spicy croutons, toasted pumpkin seeds, or cinnamon spiced whipped cream.

Or this one .....

Butternut Squash Soup

Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Yield: 10 servings

Ingredients

2 tablespoons Butter
1 each Garlic Cloves
1 each Onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Cumin, ground
1 teaspoon Coriander, ground
1 pound Butternut Squash, cut in chunks
2 teaspoons Curry Paste, red
2 cups Vegetable Stock
2 cups Milk
4 tablespoons Sour Cream
2 each Fresh Lemons, juiced
To taste -- Black Pepper and Salt
To taste -- Cilantro Sprigs

Method

In a large pot, heat the butter. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.Add all the spices, lemon juice, and curry paste. Add squash and cover with the stock. Simmer until squash is cooked.

Puree the soup until smooth and add the salt and pepper to tastes.Return to the heat and add the milk and sour cream. Do not boil. Garnish with the cilantro sprigs.

but I remember it being totally sweet and not savory at all. When we were there in mid-November, they said they had just started serving it for the Winter.

Thanks for your help!

Kapp

Originally posted by Kapp
but I remember it being totally sweet and not savory at all. When we were there in mid-November, they said they had just started serving it for the Winter.

Thanks for your help!

Kapp

If you don't think it's either of those, I suggest you email their culinary dept & ask for the recipe. THey're usually very good about sharing their recipes. Just be sure to come back here to share any recipes you get! ;)

This is the address I used: AKL's Culinary Dept.

Good luck!

help! I will be sure to share if I get a reply to my requests!

Best wishes all!

Kapp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter