AKL vs. WL Standard View?

eddiewells

Earning My Ears
Which would you prefer: a standard room at AKL or a standard room at WL? I have heard from many that if you do not get a Savannah view at AKL that it pretty much defeats the purpose of going there. I am having trouble deciding which resort I should stay at when go from 6/22-6/28, but we cannot afford anything but standard view. This is our first stay at a Deluxe hotel.

Note, my mom is not too keen on the whole African theming, but my dad isn't crazy about the woods theme (of course, they would both love either one, they are just taking favorites), so it'll take a majority response for one or the other to win.

Thanks for any information you can supply me with.

We were there Dec 15 - Dec 20. We stayed at AKL the first night (savannah view) and then moved to Wilderness Lodge (standard view) the rest of the trip.
If I had to pick again it would be WL standard view over AKL savannah view. I loved the WL.

I could have gotten the same rate at the AKL as I got at the WL and decided to go with the WL because of two things, the african theming just doesn't appeal to me, and without a guaranteed Savannah view, what is the point? I'd be pretty bummed if I was staying at the AKL and couldn't see the animals from my balcony. I guess I could always hope for a complimentary upgrade, or pay for one.

I've also read that the AKL is pretty far removed from everything else, except the Animal Kingdom.

Maybe one day I'll try the AKL, but it's not my first choice of places to stay at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter