AKL Savanna view

We have never stayed at AKL, and are considering it.. my question, is it worth it to pay extra for the savanna view, as in, do you always see animals at some point, or is it hit or miss/not really a lot of animals? Thx

A savanna view room is the only way we would stay at AKL again, I can't see staying there and not having a savanna view room however I would not pay full rack rate for it so if AKL was our only option and it was $100 price difference per night, I'm staying standard view and requesting an upgrade.

I will say my kids loved it, me and my DH were not as impressed but we were in the minority. I would definitely stay again but it's not high on my disney bucket list.

We stayed last month and paid for standard. We had an amazing view of animals. I requested zebra trail and I got zebra trail. I didn't even request "partial savannah" but we had great views of animals every day throughout the day.

Now if the trip is going to be completely ruined and you're going to be miserable if you end up with a parking lot view, you should probably pay for savannah. But if you're going to be disappointed, but ok with staring at the parking lot because that's really all you paid for, then you'll be fine. There are actually way more "standard" rooms that face animals than there are rooms that face the parking lot, so odds are in your favor to get a better view.

Where would you request partial savanna? I dont see an option for requests on booking window?

We have done both. Its fun in the morning, eating breakfast out on the balcony and watching the animals. Same in the evening.
You can go to the main lobby and go out to see the animals as well.
Only you can decide if its worth the price difference.

Where would you request partial savanna? I dont see an option for requests on booking window?

You have to call or fax that specific request. We requested through touringplans, but you can fax it directly, too, about 5 days before your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter