AKL/POLY split stay

dizgirl5518

Earning My Ears
Is this a good idea? If we did AKL first and Poly second, would it be hard leaving AKL? In what order should we do the split?

Those are our two favorite resorts so I would have to say that is a super tough call. Viewing the animals at AKL, especially if you have a savannah view right outside your window, is like an event on it's own. Also, excellent dining. But you can't beat the Poly for ease of transportation to MK and EP and watching the fireworks from the beach at night is amazing. As a huge fan of both I would vote AK first then Poly! But I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip either way!

Personally I would do Poly then AKL since the Poly is closer to all the park and action, that way for the second half you could relax at AKL and watch all the animals.

I would do AKL first and then Poly. I would like to end the trip being at a resort that has a view of the castle. :)

Personally I would do Poly then AKL since the Poly is closer to all the park and action, that way for the second half you could relax at AKL and watch all the animals.

Actually, Poly is only closest to Magic Kingdom. AKL is closer to every other park/destination.

Is this a good idea? If we did AKL first and Poly second, would it be hard leaving AKL? In what order should we do the split?

This is how we plan our AKL/Poly stays. AKL is a little more isolated, so we tend to stick around the resort more and enjoy the amenities.

We like to end our trips at either the MK and Epcot, so the monorail/TTC at Poly gives us that.

I, personally, would do AKL first and then Poly. AKL is lovely, but a bit more removed and the rooms are smaller. Poly is in the heart of the MK area with bigger rooms, a bigger pool and amazing views. I think I, personally, would have a hard time going from Poly to AKL.

What a great “dilemma” to have!
Have you thought about the order in which you want to visit parks? It makes sense to visit MK while at the Poly and AK while at AKL to reduce the amount of time spent on the bus, unless you just love the bus. If you are planning extras like MNSSHP, dessert parties or hard ticket events like After Hours, consider the nights they are offered.

Correct. But AKL is closer with a little shorter ride.

When comparing miles between the two, it appears Poly is closer to all of the parks by 7 miles.

POLYNESIAN:
Magic Kingdom: 2 miles
Epcot: 5 miles
Hollywood Studios: 5 miles
Animal Kingdom: 9 miles
Total miles 21

ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE:

Magic Kingdom: 12 miles
Epcot: 8 miles
Hollywood Studios: 6 miles
Animal Kingdom: 2 miles
Total miles 28

AKL is also the furthest resort in terms of total miles.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/resort-distances.htm

Were also doing a AKL/ Poly spilt stay. Were doing AKL first for 3 nights and doing 2 days at Animal Kingdom. Then going to POLY for 4 nights one being the 4th of july. Cant wait to watch the fire works from the beach ! Havent stayed at either in like over 15 years. So excited

We own at both and often do split stays. We prefer Poly first because it is so hectic there. We end with Kidani because it is so peaceful. We much prefer AKV busses over the monorail at Poly because the lines to board the monorail are often times overwhelming due to the combination of restaurant guests and bag check.

We did a split at those two resorts. Did poly first then AK. Both amazing resorts but Unfortunately we fell in love with poly and were feeling something was missing at AK. No fireworks, no monorail and no castle. We still loved our stay at AK (own DVC there) but I think looking back on the trip I would have done AK first then Poly. There is just something a little more magical at Poly. Which is why we are buying an a Poly resale!

As much as I like the Poly theming, it's a very busy place. I would still do the split and just focus my MK and EP time when I'm going to be staying at the Poly. U can walk to the tix/transp center from the Poly to get direct monorail to EP rather than transfer...so very convenient if u don't mind the walk. I certainly don't think you'll be disappointed with either resort-- both are beautiful, but u may miss the animals at AKL if u stay at Poly too long:tilt:

Which parks are you doing which days? I would plan to be at Poly when you are going to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. And stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge when you go to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. They are both deluxe hotels so I don't think the order will matter unless you have a favorite, then you should do that one last. Definitely try and arrange your parks around the hotels though, it'll make traveling a lot easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter