AKL or POFQ

I would keep FQ since it is on your bucket list. A lot of people love AKL but we found it ok. The one time we stayed we were out early and back late so never got to see the animals from our room and we had a long walk from our room to the lobby. We love Boma so always visit that resort once a trip for a breakfast or dinner. POFQ is compact and there is a boat to Disney Springs. We love the theming and it is easy to walk to POR if you want a meal there or use the amenities.

We've stayed at both. POFQ when our daughters were young and our priority was spending time in the parks. One bus stop, proximity to parks, wonderful quick service food all played into the memories I have of that trip. AKL when the family was older and we spent more time at the resort. We ate at Boma, spent time watching animals on the Savannah, impressive lobby, long bus trips to MK, DS and EPCOT are the memories I have of that trip. I would suggest you consider what your family would appreciate more and go with that resort. Above all, have a wonderful time!

We've stayed at both, and in all honesty, we'll never stay at AKL again. The only thing I liked about it was the view with our obstructed savanna view. The walk to our room was surprisingly long, we were not fans of the food court, Boma is good for dinner, but meh for breakfast, and I hated the rooms. There was no storage, and the beds were incredibly uncomfortable.
I love everything about FQ. It's small, even the furthest room away seems closer than some of the other resorts' closest room, the theming is so cute, love the food court, we've never had a terrible experience with the buses, and we love the boat ride to POR and DS. I love the music they play throughout the resort, too. I am disappointed they're getting rid of Scat Cats, we just saw them for the first time last month and it was on my forever to-do list, but I'm kinda excited about what they're being replaced with.

I really like FQ, but for $150 more I'd definitely choose AKL. I've never stayed there, but it is on my bucket list. We've been many times to eat and enjoy the grounds at AKL. I recently learned that the animals on the savannas at AKL stay on the savannas except for getting check-ups. That land is their home. They aren't just on 'display' during the hours that people are up and about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter