AKL-Kidani questions

LSUmiss

DIS Veteran
We have booked a 2 bedroom standard view at Kidani as that was the only view that was available. Are there any room requests that we can make that might give us a partial view of the Savannah that are still considered “standard view” rooms?

Also, are there any LO 2 bedrooms at Kidani & would my reservation say it was a LO if it were? I’m just trying to figure out what the bed set up will be in the room.

Lastly, is there a gift shop with water, milk etc in Kidani like at Jambo & is it open now?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Your reservation would say lock-off if that is what you booked, other wise it's a dedicated.
The std view are parking lot or near the pool, no view, Jambo does have some std with a partial Savannah view.
There is a small gift shop/store. It is much smaller than Jambo's.

Your reservation would just say “2 bedroom” if it is dedicated. I think you can request pool view.

Your reservation would just say “2 bedroom” if it is dedicated. I think you can request pool view.
Thank you! That’s what I thought about the LO. I thought I remember in Jambo that you can request a certain section that’s technically standard view b/c it has a somewhat blocked view of the Savannah. Is there anything like that at Kidani that you know of?

Your reservation would say lock-off if that is what you booked, other wise it's a dedicated.
The std view are parking lot or near the pool, no view, Jambo does have some std with a partial Savannah view.
There is a small gift shop/store. It is much smaller than Jambo's.
Do the gift shop still carry water & milk?

We have booked a 2 bedroom standard view at Kidani as that was the only view that was available. Are there any room requests that we can make that might give us a partial view of the Savannah that are still considered “standard view” rooms?

Also, are there any LO 2 bedrooms at Kidani & would my reservation say it was a LO if it were? I’m just trying to figure out what the bed set up will be in the room.

Lastly, is there a gift shop with water, milk etc in Kidani like at Jambo & is it open now?

Thanks for any help or advice!
For a Standard 2 BR at Kidani I requested (and got) a very nice view by requesting the following: "North Trail room, high floor. A room such as 7X35" This was the view slightly to the right.

20181206_162031.jpg20181206_163117.jpg

I thought there were some standard views near the pembe savannah, which is just after the pool area...but I could be wrong. Pembe doesn't have the giraffes or zebras though.

The shop is tiny, but almost half the shop is groceries. They sell zebra domes in the fridge section! There are at least 2 fridge and 2 freezer cases of food there. We were in a studio, so picked up all the premade stuff during our August stay--2 types of salad and 2 different sandwiches.

There are a group of standard views on the north wing that have a Pembe savanna view (they are not "partial" savanna views, they are right over the Pembe savanna). The request to make is for a room near the Pumba elevator (requests are not guaranteed). Just be aware that if you succeed in getting that request, you will have long walks to the lobby and bus station.

There are a group of standard views on the north wing that have a Pembe savanna view (they are not "partial" savanna views, they are right over the Pembe savanna). The request to make is for a room near the Pumba elevator (requests are not guaranteed). Just be aware that if you succeed in getting that request, you will have long walks to the lobby and bus station.
Are there rooms that face the parking lots too by this elevator like on the other side of the hall? Do I need to specify?

Just got back from Kidani GV right across from Pumbaa elevator. It is quite a hike to front desk and buses. There are no services, (gift store or restaurants), open at Jambo right now. The shop at Kidani also has refill/beverage station.

Are there rooms that face the parking lots too by this elevator like on the other side of the hall? Do I need to specify?

The only request you need is room near the Pumba elevator. See this map: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg. The front entrance of Kidani faces west. You will see the pool on that side outside the north wing. The standards are on that side of the building. On the south wing (right of the lobby on the map), there are 7 1/2 building pods that contain rooms. The first four pods from the lobby have standard view rooms looking at front entrance area, the back of the bus station, and a road. There are no rooms in the last 3 1/2 pods on that south wing on that side of the building, only savanna view rooms on the other side facing where the picture of the Giraffe is.

The rest of the standards are on the north wing (left of the lobby in the picture). The first three pods from the lobby face front entrance area and the pool area. The fourth pod has, I believe , some standard view rooms on that side of the building in the first half of the pod but the second half of that fourth pod begins savanna view rooms over Pembe which are also in the fifth pod. The rooms overlooking the Pembe savanna in the 6th and 7th pods from the lobby are all standard view, The Red on the map you see between those two pods is where the Pumba elevator is. Most of the parking lot is actually under the building on the first floor and runs almost to the end of each wing. From the standard views in the 6th and 7th pods overlooking Pembe, you cannot possibly see any parking lot because all of it in that area is under the building.

If you are considering walking distances to a room, be aware that the total length of the building from the end of the south wing to end of the north wing is about 2/3 miles. The walk down the hallway from the last rooms on the north wing to the lobby are a lttle over 1/3 mile, and somewhat longer to the bus station. The distance is a pain when returning via bus from a long day in a park with kids and a real hassle if you just need to go to the store in the lobby to get something needed quickly (there is no quickly, as it can easily take twenty to thirty minutes to go, buy and come back). What many actually do who have a car and get rooms near the end of the north wing is park under their rooms near the Pumba elevator and then drive to the front entrance area if they need to go to the store.

Last edited:
The only request you need is room near the Pumba elevator. See this map: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg. The front entrance of Kidani faces west. You will see the pool on that side outside the north wing. The standards are on that side of the building. On the south wing (right of the lobby on the map), there are 7 1/2 building pods that contain rooms. The first four pods from the lobby have standard view rooms looking at front entrance area, the back of the bus station, and a road. There are no rooms in the last 3 1/2 pods on that south wing on that side of the building, only savanna view rooms on the other side facing where the picture of the Giraffe is.

The rest of the standards are on the north wing (left of the lobby in the picture). The first three pods from the lobby face front entrance area and the pool area. The fourth pod has, I believe , some standard view rooms on that side of the building in the first half of the pod but the second half of that fourth pod begins savanna view rooms over Pembe which are also in the fifth pod. The rooms overlooking the Pembe savanna in the 6th and 7th pods from the lobby are all standard view, The Red on the map you see between those two pods is where the Pumba elevator is. Most of the parking lot is actually under the building on the first floor and runs almost to the end of each wing. From the standard views in the 6th and 7th pods overlooking Pembe, you cannot possibly see any parking lot because all of it in that area is under the building.

If you are considering walking distances to a room, be aware that the total length of the building from the end of the south wing to end of the north wing is about 2/3 miles. The walk down the hallway from the last rooms on the north wing to the lobby are a lttle over 1/3 mile, and somewhat longer to the bus station. The distance is a pain when returning via bus from a long day in a park with kids and a real hassle if you just need to go to the store in the lobby to get something needed quickly (there is no quickly, as it can easily take twenty to thirty minutes to go, buy and come back). What many actually do who have a car and get rooms near the end of the north wing is park under their rooms near the Pumba elevator and then drive to the front entrance area if they need to go to the store.
Thank you for such a detailed response!

Does anyone know what the name of the other elevator in the North trail is that is closer to the pool? We are thinking of requesting near that elevator to be closer to the lobby and access to the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter