AKL - Kidani or Jambo?

I realize the OP has already chosen Jambo, but for anyone else interested, I personally love Kidani. It's got such a laidback, intimate feel. Everyone is so negative about the Pembe savannah, but my favorite stay overlooked it. Always saw animals, including beautiful okapi and a family of river hogs, babies in tow. A very kind CM told me all about the various animals while I drank coffee from our balcony one morning. Our most recent stay on the "preferred" savannah yielded very few animal sightings over 6 days. I thought I wouldn't like Kidani after the hustle and bustle of Jambo, but now I can't imagine going back.

What's funny about the reaction to the Pembe savannah is that I was told at the Lunch with an Animal Keeper that DVC deliberately chose the Pembe savannah, thinking it would appeal to DVC guests more than the Ho-Hum, typical giraffes. When designing Kidani, DVC knew it was dealing with DVC guests, who were typically returning guests. They thought that the DVC guests would be impressed by seeing the rarer animals that are on the Pembe savannah (I forget which animals they meant). But boy, were they surprised that DVC guests would rather see the giraffes again! Just a little trivia for anyone wondering "Why give us the Pembe savannah?"

I have heard that there now is a counter service breakfast at Sanaa. Has anyone tried this? We booked at Kidani and I am hoping that we like it. Breakfast would really help. We love the Mara but Jambo is booked solid.

We tried to go a few months ago, but it ends at 10:00 (we tried around 10:30). But it sounded good. Anyone?

Have only stayed Kidani. Love that third bathroom. My daughter is 22 now. But sharing a bathroom with her brothers can be a real problem.

1 bedroom I pick Kidani if available. Studios are nicer in Jambo IMO.

What's funny about the reaction to the Pembe savannah is that I was told at the Lunch with an Animal Keeper that DVC deliberately chose the Pembe savannah, thinking it would appeal to DVC guests more than the Ho-Hum, typical giraffes. When designing Kidani, DVC knew it was dealing with DVC guests, who were typically returning guests. They thought that the DVC guests would be impressed by seeing the rarer animals that are on the Pembe savannah (I forget which animals they meant). But boy, were they surprised that DVC guests would rather see the giraffes again! Just a little trivia for anyone wondering "Why give us the Pembe savannah?"

Aren’t okapi only on Pembe? They are special, but they are shy.

I see underdesea also mentioned the river hogs, which are amusing!

Sounds like a justification to me. Kind of like OKW members really like bright colors and gray.

Drusba I was very disappointed in the lack of detail in your lacklustre reply lol.
Good job.
I didn't know Kidani had the longest internal hotel coridor in the world either.
But you can take an elevator down to your car instead of taking an elevator to the lobby, walking out the door and walking a mile through the parking lot.

Popping in here to say that the pool will be closed at Jambo this fall for refurb, based on emails several DISers have received. Kidani is still open.

Just wondering, if a person can bring in an air mattress for a 5th person in a regular room, what's stopping someone from doing the same in a value room?

Just wondering, if a person can bring in an air mattress for a 5th person in a regular room, what's stopping someone from doing the same in a value room?
I guess they could try, but they won't let them add a fifth person to the reservation. And the air mattress is not going to fit in a value room.

I guess they could try, but they won't let them add a fifth person to the reservation. And the air mattress is not going to fit in a value room.

Sorry, I was taking about the Value 1-Bed. I would think an air mattress would fit somewhere.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it. If you did have a 5th person, can you still get fast passes for all 5 people? Your room would only show 4 people.

Sorry, I was taking about the Value 1-Bed. I would think an air mattress would fit somewhere.

Also, now that I'm thinking about it. If you did have a 5th person, can you still get fast passes for all 5 people? Your room would only show 4 people.
Even the one bedroom is going to be tough to put an air mattress on the floor with the sleeper sofa open. I've heard it's hard to close the bedroom door with the value one bedroom.

I have heard that there now is a counter service breakfast at Sanaa. Has anyone tried this? We booked at Kidani and I am hoping that we like it. Breakfast would really help. We love the Mara but Jambo is booked solid.

We tried to go a few months ago, but it ends at 10:00 (we tried around 10:30). But it sounded good. Anyone?

Sanaa has been serving breakfast for a while now, we went for the first time November 2016. We have really enjoyed it. They have grab and go items as well as hot items. You can have the hot items made to-go, and they will package them up for you to take away, or you can eat in where you seat yourself at a table in the restaurant and they bring your food out to you.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/sanaa/menus/breakfast/

Well, here's my 2 cents why I choose Kidani over Jambo:

1. Traveling often in summer/early fall with rains and brutal heat, I love Kidani's covered parking and elevator accessibility to the villas.
2. Often booking 2bds, I travel with a gaggle of teenagers, the 3rd bathroom is a god send, or we'd never get anywhere on time.
3. I prefer the room configurations.

and from Kidani I can still visit Jambo's superb lobby and eat at Jiko.

But no matter, they're both wonderful. Have fun in October bcwife76!

Well, here's my 2 cents why I choose Kidani over Jambo:

1. Traveling often in summer/early fall with rains and brutal heat, I love Kidani's covered parking and elevator accessibility to the villas.
2. Often booking 2bds, I travel with a gaggle of teenagers, the 3rd bathroom is a god send, or we'd never get anywhere on time.
3. I prefer the room configurations.

and from Kidani I can still visit Jambo's superb lobby and eat at Jiko.

But no matter, they're both wonderful. Have fun in October bcwife76!

I love that you used the word gaggle in "I travel with a gaggle of teenagers". hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!