AKL Jumbo House 1 bedroom value

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
earlier I did a poll helping me choose 1bd value at AkL or Fort Wilderness Cabin
We changed our dates from Dec 15-22 to August 21-Sep 2, Hubby, DS (9) DSs friend age 12 and me.
We almost went with All Star Sports it was a nice HA room 1K and 1D, really it’s 2 adjoining rooms.
But I really wanted a W/D and a full kitchen, plus a nice pool for the boys.
I stayed at AKL, a long time ago but not at Jumbo. We used the bounce back offer and saved 30%
I fell in love with the QS dining plan when we got it free on our stay in December so I added that.
We will do both Waterpark’s in our 8 days hopper pass. 1 day universal and 1 Day sea world.
We go to Disney every year but this will be Hogus 1st trip ( my sons friend and our neighbor)
I’ll look for the AKL thread but any points, tips for our 12 night stay would be greatly appreciated.
Thx!

earlier I did a poll helping me choose 1bd value at AkL or Fort Wilderness Cabin
We changed our dates from Dec 15-22 to August 21-Sep 2, Hubby, DS (9) DSs friend age 12 and me.
We almost went with All Star Sports it was a nice HA room 1K and 1D, really it’s 2 adjoining rooms.
I stayed at AKL, a long time ago but not at Jumbo. We used the bounce back offer and saved 30%
I fell in love with the QS dining plan when we got it free on our stay in December so I added that.
We will do both Waterpark’s in our 8 days hopper pass. 1 day universal and 1 Day sea world.
We go to Disney every year but this will be Hogus 1st trip ( my sons friend and our neighbor)
I’ll look for the AKL thread but any points, tips for our 12 night stay would be greatly appreciated.
Thx!

My only tip would be to find someone who owns at AKL willing to walk a reservation for you. Because of the low points needed for a Value, they are gone by the time the booking window opens at the 11 month mark.

Or be willing to forgo the Value and go for a Standard.

It might help if you used the proper name of the resort location, Jambo House. Not sure if you knew or not.

You are already too late. There are a few holes here and there in August, but not more than a few days at a time.
Is there some availability for the value one bed the op was looking for? I didn't check, but thought it was an exceptionally long shot...

Is there some availability for the value one bed the op was looking for? I didn't check, but thought it was an exceptionally long shot...
Like I said, a day or two here and there. But not much for consecutive days.

Thx!

Thx!
OP if I understand your post, you already have a 1 br. value villa booked through a bounce back discount offer? I noticed AKV 1 br. values are currently showing as available for cash reservations on the WDW site for your dates as well (no discount though.)
I think you’ll really like the 1 br and AKV has a lot of activities for the two boys - so check out the activities sheet for your visit. You can use the pool at Jambo and the one at Kidani, so be sure to try both out as you’ll have 12 days, there’s a shuttle that runs between the 2 buildings if you’d rather not walk.
I found when staying in a villa on a cash reservation booked through Disney at AKV a couple of years ago that housekeeping sometimes forgot to restock my supplies because most people in the villas are staying on points and don’t get daily restocking - if that happens to you call housekeeping as w/ a cash reservation you should get daily housekeeping. Regarding the laundry, I always bring Tide Pods as I’m not fond of the dry 1 use box of detergent they provide, so you might bring a supply of your preferred detergent and dryer sheets if you use them, otherwise the kitchen is well stocked with both hand and machine dish soap, paper towels, sponges, etc..

OP if I understand your post, you already have a 1 br. value villa booked through a bounce back discount offer? I noticed AKV 1 br. values are currently showing as available for cash reservations on the WDW site for your dates as well (no discount though.)
I think you’ll really like the 1 br and AKV has a lot of activities for the two boys - so check out the activities sheet for your visit. You can use the pool at Jambo and the one at Kidani, so be sure to try both out as you’ll have 12 days, there’s a shuttle that runs between the 2 buildings if you’d rather not walk.
I found when staying in a villa on a cash reservation booked through Disney at AKV a couple of years ago that housekeeping sometimes forgot to restock my supplies because most people in the villas are staying on points and don’t get daily restocking - if that happens to you call housekeeping as w/ a cash reservation you should get daily housekeeping. Regarding the laundry, I always bring Tide Pods as I’m not fond of the dry 1 use box of detergent they provide, so you might bring a supply of your preferred detergent and dryer sheets if you use them, otherwise the kitchen is well stocked with both hand and machine dish soap, paper towels, sponges, etc..
Very good to know thx! I’ll bring my own detergent. Can’t wait to check out both resorts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!