AKL for $124!!

wendym

I work to go to Disney!
Just booked the AKL for $124 ($137.50 with tax) for 7/13. I have an annual pass but we never get the Mickey Monitor because we live in Scotland but following a link on these boards we found a code FPZ (hope it is ok to post this) to get this great rate for a standard room. We love this resort and this is even cheaper than Oct last year. Hope this helps others.
Wendy:bounce:

Wow, what a great rate for a deluxe hotel! I also booked a standard view room at the AKL in August but for $139 a night. Where did you find your code and is it for anyone or just postcard recipients? I'd like to get our rate down to $124 too :)

EpcotBill- How far out is that code good for? I have no prayer of getting my Mickey Monitor. I had to call for my February one. Thanks!

I am also still waiting for my May Mickey Monitor to show up. Is this code good for all resorts or is it just for AKL? Are there any restrictions other than having an AP?

Oh God! Here I go again making some more phone calls to Disney! I have the original AP rate, but this is much better, and I didn't receive my Mickey Monitor yet! Keeping fingers crossed!:D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Anyone else have any luck of getting this AP rate for AKL or any other resorts? What rates did you get for which dates? Thanks.

Cali (who won't call CRO till he knows he can get a good deal so he doesn't have to pay for a long distance call!)

Ok Cali, I made the phone call!:D Although the new AP rate is advertised at $124, or about $15 cheaper than the first AP rate at AKL, the rate at the other deluxes works out to be the same. I have the YC standard booked, and the price is exactly the same with the first vs. the second AP code.

However, I had them check the online code on the Disney website which advertises $100 off the deluxes, and that code saved me a total of $70 off my ressie!:D So I had the ressie modified to use that code. Too bad as an AP holder, we can't get better rates than the general public. :( But, I'm still happy. After all $70 saved is $70 I can spend somewhere else in Disney!:):D:)

That $124 rate at AKL is very attractive!!! Almost worth switching and getting 2 rooms (and saving money!). The AP rate (CFQ) is best for any deluxe resort room type over standard view.

Cali? What did you mean by over standard view?? I have a ressie
for AKL Savannah the summer code was cheaper than the 1st AP
rate so I changed it. Are you saying I could possibly get AKL savannah at a cheaper rate or is it just for standard view??? It
would definately be worth the phone call!! Right now I'm looking at 688 for 3 nights. Thanks:)

I'm not sure about AKL (you'll have to check the rate details) but the AP rate (CFQ) is cheaper on room categories about the standard/garden at the deluxes (GF, PR, CR, YC, BC, BW). The Grand Floridian, for example, the summer saver is cheaper for garden view than on the AP, but lagoon view or higher has better prices with the AP. The AP gives 30% off, the summer saver gives $100 off.

:)

Hi!

I booked the summer savers rate online for the Contemporary at $134.00. I also have an AP. Am i eligible for a rate reduction? Thanks a bunch.

Wow! That is a great rate. That is even a little cheaper than the we got for June. Have a great time. :)

If you are an AP holder, you can call CRO and see if the AP rate is better than the Summer Saver rate advertised online. I guess if it is a standard room, the Summer Saver rate will be better. They can transfer your deposit and modify your ressie if the AP is better for you. It's worth a phone call!:):D:)

Hi Cindala!

Just thought someone knew the answer right away. I will give a call in the am. Thanks.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Has anyone attempted to secure a Savannah View Room using this code? Is it any better than the AP rate?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Thank you, thank you, thank you Wendym!! I got up early this morning to get ready for my daughter's soccer game and quickly called CRO to ask about the code rate of $124 for passholders at AKL and guess what....I got it!! I saved us $100 dollars - or rather you did :) That's a couple of dinners at Disney! Thanks again for posting; even though we have been passholders since last August we have never received a Mickey Monitor so I rely on these boards for the "inside scoop". Can't wait until July 27 :)

Is it not wonderful when we can help each other out! Glad to return the help I have got from these boards.
Wendym
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!