AKL Club availability question

Drusba, thanks for the thorough reply, makes sense as you state it. How would it book before 8am though? Can you get it to book before 8 sometimes? I've been frustrated with the website booking tool not working properly between 8 and 8:10 all week. Hard to get that booking when the site won't even let you get the search to work. Is that common? Fairly new owner am I, and this is my first try at booking right at 11 mo.

one never knows when its going to work and when your going to get Woody or Olf saying hi. Technically it's up more than it's down and technically it's going to work most mornings but if it's the opening of your booking window and catch it on a day it isn't it's very frustrating.

Drusba, thanks for the thorough reply, makes sense as you state it. How would it book before 8am though? Can you get it to book before 8 sometimes? I've been frustrated with the website booking tool not working properly between 8 and 8:10 all week. Hard to get that booking when the site won't even let you get the search to work. Is that common? Fairly new owner am I, and this is my first try at booking right at 11 mo.

All I meant is that days at times are already filled before a particlar day is 11 months out by those making reservations with an earlier start date, e.g., today is June 8 and AKV club level rooms are already gone for May 8 and 9, 2018, and thus those who want a May 9 start date are already blocked out.

Last edited:
All I meant is that days at times are already filled before a particlar day is 11 months out by those making reservations with an earlier start date, e.g., today is June 8 and AKV club level rooms are already gone for May 8 and 9, 2018, and thus those who want a May 9 start date are already blocked out.
Got it, I understand. Thanks again!

I was able to get a two night stay at the 3 month mark. Pixie Dust was with me.

I didn't read all the responses here so sorry if I'm just repeating whats already been said. We've successfully booked both studios and one bedroom club level rooms many times in the past. To book the studios you really have to walk the reservation (book October when you want December and call every few days dropping the early days of your trip and adding on to the end) To book the 1 bedroom you can walk it but we've had plenty of luck within the 7-11 month period if you are reasonably flexible with dates. I just booked 4 nights in april over spring break with no trouble at all.

We enjoy club level but be aware the savannah rooms do not have great views.

Only did CL once as we do not own there. For me, in that resort, CL is worth it because I like to hang at that resort and do next to nothing.

I'm glad I read this before we decided to purchase at AKL for the occasional Club trip. It makes me sad that you have to walk a reservation for 2 WHOLE MONTHS to book something. We would probably need a 1br for the next few years while the kids are young, so I guess there is still some hope.

I'm glad I read this before we decided to purchase at AKL for the occasional Club trip. It makes me sad that you have to walk a reservation for 2 WHOLE MONTHS to book something. We would probably need a 1br for the next few years while the kids are young, so I guess there is still some hope.

It will depend when you are going. I would never bother to walk a reservation that long. When I booked it recently I didn't walk it at all but I also wasn't trying for Christmas time.

It has been years since I have been able to get a CL studio at 11 months. We have been successful with 1 bedrooms, however.

We just got back recently from a 9 night stay in a 1 bdrm CL. I was on right at the 11 month mark. I booked a week stay and then called back a few days later when I decided we'd stay longer and was easily able to add 3 more nights. When we eventually booked flights, it was cheaper to come back a day earlier so we shortened our trip by a day. I'm sure time of year plays a huge role. Not all schools are out in early June so maybe my odds were just better. We really enjoyed our stay. We did have a savannah view. It wasn't as good as the savannah view we had at Kidani a few years back but we did see lots of animals during our stay including zebra and giraffe. Just go in knowing you're booking for the CL experience and that the animals are secondary if you do get a savannah view.

I bought AKL for the animals. I have never even tried to get CL as you run a big risk of no view. Love the resort, but IMHO the CL was kind of a bad idea as it leaves a bad impression when owners realize your chances of booking are VERY slim!

I bought AKL for the animals. I have never even tried to get CL as you run a big risk of no view. Love the resort, but IMHO the CL was kind of a bad idea as it leaves a bad impression when owners realize your chances of booking are VERY slim!

No view is why the rooms were turned into DVC rooms.

:earsboy: Bill

I have that happen all the time trying to book boar all standard studio during food and wine I wait list and within 2 days have always gotten the reservation Try wait listing see what happens

I usually book the value studios but a few times I have gotten Club Level by waitlisting a few days right at the 11 month mark and then as the walkers cancel I get my waitlist. Usually several days later the WL comes through then I can add the days I want to the reservation, so far it has worked every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!