AK Walkway

i luv the duck

Mouseketeer
We have a 8:00 breakfast reservation at Tusker House and plan to make a dash to FOP once we're finished eating. Is the walkway between Africa and Pandora only opened in the morning when leaving out of Pandora or can you take it from Africa to Pandora?
Thank you!

It will not be open.

Also, there’s no reason to “rush” to FoP after a Tusker House meal.
The line will be fully filled to overflowing by then.

There is zero advantage to a PPO breakfast if your goal is a shorter FoP line. (In fact, it is counterproductive.)

Last edited:
I agree with Robo. It makes more sense to rope drop FOP and then have a Tusker House breakfast afterward. The will start letting people in toward FOP early (sometimes about 30 minutes prior to opening), funneling the entire rope drop crowd across the bridge into Pandora, then into the queue for FOP. Unless you only spend about 20 minutes at Tusker House, the line would be all the way back to the bridge (or pretty close) most likely by the time you are done.

They will let people in the park at 8:30 and into Pandora about 8:45.
The walkway by Lion King does not open till later in the morning.
Even if you left Tusker House by 8:30, you would find a big crowd waiting to get into Pandora.
I would either RD and do FoP and reschedule Tusker House for later in the morning, or do FoP closer topark close if yo ucan't get a FP.

In January I rope dropped FoP on three different days with a scheduled park opening of 9am. Each morning I arrived about 75 minutes before 9:00 and was let in the park 45 minutes early at 8:15. After lining up on the bridge to Pandora,they opened FoP at 8:30 and I walked off the ride at 9am each of those mornings.
The walkway from Africa will not be open when you need it. It opens much later because the line for FoP is in the way.

Thanks for the information, so far there is not another late morning reservation so we’ll probably wait until near park closing to get in line. We will have to do riders swap, how far in advance should the parent riding first get in line?

Thanks for the information, so far there is not another late morning reservation so we’ll probably wait until near park closing to get in line. We will have to do riders swap, how far in advance should the parent riding first get in line?
You'll have to get in line early enough so that the first group can get through the line before the park closes, so depending on when you're going, you're looking at at least a couple of hours before the park closes.

If I were you, I'd cancel the ADR. I'd pick riding FoP with a short wait over Tusker House every time

You'll have to get in line early enough so that the first group can get through the line before the park closes, so depending on when you're going, you're looking at at least a couple of hours before the park closes.

If I were you, I'd cancel the ADR. I'd pick riding FoP with a short wait over Tusker House every time

Agree on both points.

@i luv the duck Do you have another meal planned with "Mickey & Friends" type characters during your trip?

I'd personally rather have lunch at TH vs breakfast. I love their lunch or dinner options. If you can move it back then you'll gain some key early time you can use for Pandora

No, this is the only character meal we have planned. I was able to get a 10:45 reservation at TH. I hope this gives us enough time if we RD. DH and I RD FOP back in 2017 and we were finished with both FOP and Navi by 10:00 but we didn’t have kids in tow. Not too worried about doing Navi this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter