AK to Jiko's for dinner/What to wear???

pennyplanner

DIS Veteran
I am planning on dining at Jiko's after spending an afternoon at AK next week.

The park means lots of walking but I really don't want to wear sneakers! If I go in capris, I am afraid I will roast. What to do, what to do?!

Any suggestions? I am staying at the WL so I really don't want to treck all the way back there before dinner.

Thanks,

penny

It's a nice restaurant, but still casual at the same time.
I personally wouldn't wear shorts to dinner (I'd get cold for one thing), but if they were longer shorts with a nice top I think you'd be fine.

We showed up for dinner at Boma one night in "theme park casual". DH chatted with the Jiko workers who were gathered around the hostess stand for Jiko. (The check in area for Boma and Jiko are just feet apart.) He told them their menu looked intriguing but he was afraid our family was dressed way too casually that night to have dinner at Jiko. They said, "Not at all! Come right in! You all look just fine!" They were so nice and indeed we felt comfortable and saw many others there in theme park casual attire. So, we gave up our dinner at Boma that night.

This may or may not be a practical solution, but when we did the same thing in February, we drove to AK from our resort, then drove to AKL. Had a change of clothes in the car, so when we got to AKL we went in the bathroom and changed. This was also helpful as it allowed us to drive back to our resort after dinner, versus having to use Disney transportation, which is very time consuming for resort to resort travel.

You will be fine in park attire..if you can get the priority seating..then definately go to Jiko after your day at AK. It is the perfect way to end a day at AK.

Enjoy!

I've got the solution to your problem!!!!

Pack a duffle with some nice clothes for everyone, combs, makeup, etc.
When you get to AK(the park)-put it in a locker. When you get ready to leave, change at AK or over at the AKL-there are bathrooms and lockers for your duffle right by the pool (just go out of the doors near Jiko).

I think it is wise to change after a day at AK-it does get hot there.You can also get cooled off right beforehand by riding Kali-instant shower!!!! Just pack a couple of towels and you'll be fine!

We wore "business casual" to Jiko but that's only because we were staying at AKL and it was easy for us to go and change :p Most people I saw at Jiko were park casual clothes and no one looked out of place ...

We always just wear what we have had on for the day at the Animal Kingdom. Weather its shorts or capri's... according to the weather, you'll be fine in anything. It's not fancy or formal at all. Jiko is one of our favorites we do each year!
:sunny:

I would think that after a hot and sweaty day in a theme park you would want to take a shower. If that's completely impractical, at least wash up a bit and change clothes.

Jiko is an upscale restaurant, and even though it's WDW, IMHO one should still wear smart casual type attire to dine there, not the shorts and t-shirt you've worn around a theme park all day.

So as the other poster suggested, pack a change of clothing and freshen up in the restrooms at the AKL before going to dinner. ou'll feel fresher and be able to enjoy your meal more.

Anne

This was a very good question...I was wondering the same thing because we'll be dining there after a day at AK. I think we'll bring a bag with some freshen-up clothes and such and put them in our car or a locker at AK.

Totally OT here, but wow ducklite, you have that view from your backyard? I've only seen that view from like a 8th or 9th floor of a hotel. :earseek:

Originally posted by Magickndm
Totally OT here, but wow ducklite, you have that view from your backyard? I've only seen that view from like a 8th or 9th floor of a hotel. :earseek:

My house sits at the very top of a series of hills, about 240 feet above sea level.

Anne

My house sits at the very top of a series of hills, about 240 feet above sea level.

Oh...ok I just looked at the pictures of your Florida house in your link.

I figured the one you have of Epcot in your sig must have been taken with a zoom lense...err...unless your house is situated on top of the BW. :teeth:

panoramic.jpg

This one is without the zoom.

Anne

Yeah...I saw the real ones through your link.

You should put a disclaimer in your sig or something; that picture is very misleading. One might think that Disney has started going a tad too far with this 'home away from home' thing.

WOW!!!

I just looked at your pics, Ducky. What a beautiful home! You're so lucky....and I'm so jealous.

I bet you can see the fireworks at the parks, huh?

Yup! I'm flying down Saturday morning to take a look see, the cabinets, tile, and counters are all in. I need to reselect some of the marble, what we chose is out of stock, and I need to take a few measurements.

So I get into Tampa at 8:45am and fly home on a 6:00am flight the next morning! Won't make it to WDW on this trip, got on the guest list for RockStock and hoping to get back to ZephyrHills before 4:00pm to catch Three Days Grace and Shinedown before heading to the hotel for some zzzz's.

Anne

I guess I've been laid off before I even started...

But anyway, what kind of counters will I not be cleaning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter