AK rope drop with toddlers

JasonV

Earning My Ears
Have a 2yr old and a 4yr old.
Obviously our priorities are different than most these days at AK.
Staying offsite therefore could not get FOP fast pass (for the adults)
Have an early afternoon Na’vi fast pass.
Also have an afternoon safari FP but would prefer to get it in earlier.

Should we rope drop safari?
Would also like to do the Mickey and Minnie meet and greet. Head there after safari?

We should be able to fill the rest of the day wandering, boneyard etc...

Any advice would be appreciated.

My daughter (now 4) LOVES navi river journey, so perhaps rope drop that and take a second ride with your fast pass? Then I would visit Mickey and Minnie before Safari. Safari takes a while so that would take up some great touring time.

We usually RD Pandora, Safari, then late breakfast Tusker House, and FOTLK before leaving. Unfortunately AK doesn’t yet hold her interest and it’s soooo hot in August.

I have found that the Safari has actually gotten better no matter what time of day you take it, so I would not be too concerned by that. I agree with the above poster that you might want to go to Navi first, but can understand that could be difficult to navigate with the "masses", even though they will all be going FoP.

Did you get a FP+ for the Mickey/Minnie M&G? It might benefit you to head straight there and then over to Dino-Land. Lots for the little ones to do there. Maybe hang out until the first Nemo show?

There are a lot of ways to do it...probably knowing the 3rd FP might help!

3rd fast pass is for lion king show at 10:30.
My only concern with not rope dropping safari is how long my young lad (2yr old) will last into the afternoon and I want him to enjoy it.

He lasted through the parade yesterday but there were some challenging afternoon moments :)

You would probably have time to RD Navi, should be walk on as everyone is headed to FoP, then go over to the M&G followed by Safari. There is a lot for young kids to see on Navi, so keep the FP for a second ride.
Keep checking for FPs and better times as they do become available.
With kids that young, it takes out a lot of the really popular rides.
When our kids were that young, we traded off and took them back to the room for a mid day nap.
Staying offsite, thats not an option, but could take a nap in the stroller. Or out in the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter