AK Restaurants for picky eaters?

sageandbelle

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! Family of 4 here heading to AK in October and trying to decide where to dine! We prefer a nicer table service restaurant. My family has a hard time with food their not used to so I think that Asian or Latine cuisine is off the table, they're pretty picky. We're doing Boma breakfast at AKL the next morning if that matters. If you guys have any favorite restaurants at AK that work for picky eaters please let me know!

Last edited:
If the less adventurous eaters are kids, Yak & Yeti TS has a lot more traditional options than I expected on the kids menu. I know there is a hamburger on the adult menu as well.

Hmm...you are kind of limited. So you dont want to do Rainforest so the other option would be Yak and Yeti. Other than that its just quick-service stuff, especially if they dont like Latin or Asian foods (and even then quick-service might be tough unless you just want a hot dog or something hella basic).

Boma is awesome and while they do have "different" offerings they also have all the classics so you should not run into any problems.

Honestly my picky MIL did the lunch prix fixe at Tiffins, it was some sort of chicken and she did fine with that. (This only makes sense if you're OOP, I wouldn't use 2 TS credits on a prix fixe lunch)

I think the only real answer is look at the menus and see what they will eat.
We enjoy Yak and Yeti, Tiffins, Tusker House, Satu'Li. Each is different.
You may find something the kids will eat.
Flametree is also very good, but not a tables service restaurant.

If you are up for a buffet, Tusker House is great. We did it last trip and will do it again next trip. It had enough "plain and normal" food for my picky eater and myself (I eat like a 4 year old), but enough interesting and different things for my husband and mother to enjoy trying different cuisine.

We like Flame Tree a lot. The chicken is always delicious, and there is pulled pork that is good as well. It is not TS, but that is even better, IMO. WE like the outdoor seating,

For a table service, try Tusker House (also a character meal).
For counter service, try Flame Tree BBQ.

I had a lot of trouble choosing places to eat in this park.. I'm even questioning my upcoming Yak & Yeti ADR... I may end up cancelling & just going to Disney Springs or eat at POR where I'm gonna stay.
I'm argentinian but the menu options I've seen in AK were so hard to like... I've no idea what concept of "Latin" food you guys have.. in my country cuisine is mostly Spanish & Italian based.. also I can't stomach any kind of seafood or bittersweet stuff.. so, like I said.. wasnt easy for me to pick places AT ALL.

Id recommend Yak & Yeti for TS. Good mix of familiar stuff with some adventurous stuff as well.

It really depends on what "picky" means, and that varies from person to person. The best thing to do will be to look at the menus and see what they will eat. I would go with Tusker House because it is a buffet and there are plenty of things to pick from.

Hello everyone! Family of 4 here heading to AK in October and trying to decide where to dine! We prefer a nicer table service restaurant. My family has a hard time with food their not used to so I think that Asian or Latine cuisine is off the table, they're pretty picky. We're doing Boma breakfast at AKL the next morning if that matters. If you guys have any favorite restaurants at AK that work for picky eaters please let me know!

My picky eaters were happy at Tusker House and Yak & Yeti. We booked Tusker House around 10:50 so they were switching between breakfast and lunch so my girls were happy with some waffles and tator tots with fruit. Yak & Yeti has a very kid friendly menu. As others have said, look at the menus. I used allears.net to check out the menus. I also google image searched meals once I narrowed down a few selections. There are a ton of pictures on the internet. If food looks remotely "weird" my kids won't eat it. Lol! I recall my oldest modified her meal at Yak & Yeti so that she could get buttered noodles. Most restaurants are able to accommodate simple changes like that.

I know you said you prefer TS but... (don't you love when someone starts out that way?) I'd recommend Satu'li canteen, as their bowls are totally customizable. Check the menu of course, but I'd put their bowls up against a TS any day. Also, their wrapped hot dog was top notch, for a hot dog...

Yak and Yeti is delicious, and I don't think the food is too unusual. They have a burger and my husband always says it's the best burger on the planet. They do have some unusual dishes, but most of them are just typical chinese. Ribs, Burger, Steak, Lo Mein noodles, sweet and sour chicken, coconut shrimp, etc.

I wouldn't say Tusker House is a 'nicer table service restaurant', but it IS fun, filling, and has a LOT of choices for the not-so-adventurous eater.
We find it to be a good mix of 'Oh - I'll eat THAT' and 'what the heck? maybe I'll try a taste'. Best part is the trying, and if it's good, you can go get more.

My mother is extremely picky (she hates ethnic foods) and she loves Tusker House. While I couldn't call Rainforest Cafe a finer dining option, it does have very basic food an the theme is cute.

We are a very unadventurous family. The only place that really appealed to us was the rainforest cafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!