AK Rainforest Cafe Question

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
If we eat breakfast at Rainforest Cafe, will we still have to wait in line to enter the parks after we finish breakfast, or is there an entrance to the park from the restaurant?

you Mean a separate entrance? I think you still need to enter thru main area ... even going thru security. It won’t get u into the park any faster if I recall correctly. I do however recall an entrance/exit from the park side but also recall having to show our bands or something at a turnstile. But it’s been a while. I’m sure others will chime in.
Enjoy ur visit!

you Mean a separate entrance? I think you still need to enter thru main area ... even going thru security. It won’t get u into the park any faster if I recall correctly. I do however recall an entrance/exit from the park side but also recall having to show our bands or something at a turnstile. But it’s been a while. I’m sure others will chime in.
Enjoy ur visit!

Thank you! DH wants to eat here, but I’m thinking we should do Tusker House again so we will be in the park before we eat.

Depends on what you want to do after breakfast. If you are trying to get to Pandora, Tusker puts you at a complete disadvantage, as you have to go back to discovery island at rope drop to get into Pandora, you can't go through the Africa path first thing in the morning. If you want to do the Safari, or EE, then starting from Tusker is a nice way to go.

Rainforest café does have a separate entrance into the park, but it's right next to the main entrance. I don't know if they let you use that at rope drop time or not.

Depends on what you want to do after breakfast. If you are trying to get to Pandora, Tusker puts you at a complete disadvantage, as you have to go back to discovery island at rope drop to get into Pandora, you can't go through the Africa path first thing in the morning. If you want to do the Safari, or EE, then starting from Tusker is a nice way to go.

Rainforest café does have a separate entrance into the park, but it's right next to the main entrance. I don't know if they let you use that at rope drop time or not.

We are going on a Tuesday in mid-January. We have a fast pass for FoP, but not Na’vi River journey, so...we were hoping to try to just get on that ride quick, but not sure how the lines have been for it?

There is an entrance to the park from RF however it does not give you any advantage to any other person and truly any person can use it you do not to eat at RF. This entrance however may actually have a wait as there is only one and usually only one person there. The rope drop is not at the front of the park where you enter it is at the end of the main walk way near the tree of life. Years ago when they had actual tickets it may have been faster but now there is rarely a line at the turn styles and if there is it moves very fast.

I would go with the restaurant you would enjoy most.

For Na'vi, I don't think it'll matter enough in terms of line to make up for eating at your 2nd choice of restaurant.

If we eat breakfast at Rainforest Cafe, will we still have to wait in line to enter the parks after we finish breakfast, or is there an entrance to the park from the restaurant?
There is a separate entrance to the Park-you will go through the Rainforest merch shop to access it.

To access Rainforest you will already have gone through Security,so when the Park opens you can immediately go to the Rainforest turnstile.

Hardly anyone uses the Rainforest turnstile and several times we have actually been let it the Park a few minutes ahead of the Main Gate.

Here are some pictures I took one trip showing the Main Gate line and then the "line" we encountered at the Rainforest turnstile and finally a picture looking at the Main Gate line from INSIDE the Park as we had been let in BEFORE the Main Gate.

1. 31073858016_ddc32cb2f1_c.jpg

31109830295_a4244a1fcf_c.jpg

30967338422_14490a4d58_c.jpg

Last edited:
There is an entrance to the park from RF however it does not give you any advantage to any other person and truly any person can use it you do not to eat at RF. This entrance however may actually have a wait as there is only one and usually only one person there. The rope drop is not at the front of the park where you enter it is at the end of the main walk way near the tree of life. Years ago when they had actual tickets it may have been faster but now there is rarely a line at the turn styles and if there is it moves very fast.

There is a separate entrance to the Park-you will go through the Rainforest merch shop to access it.

To access Rainforest you will already have gone through Security,so when the Park opens you can immediately go to the Rainforest turnstile.

Hardly anyone uses the Rainforest turnstile and several times we have actually been let it the Park a few minutes ahead of the Main Gate.

Here are some pictures I took one trip showing the Main Gate line and then the "line" we encountered at the Rainforest turnstile and finally a picture looking at the Main Gate line from INSIDE the Park as we had been let in BEFORE the Main Gate.

1. 31073858016_ddc32cb2f1_c.jpg

31109830295_a4244a1fcf_c.jpg

30967338422_14490a4d58_c.jpg

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing these pics. I’m feeling better about breakfast here.

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing these pics. I’m feeling better about breakfast here.
You are welcome.

As soon as you see a Cast Member "manning" the Rainforest turnstile,I would ask them what time they are going to start letting Guests in the Park on that particular day if you are wanting to be one of the first Guests in the Park.

You are welcome.

As soon as you see a Cast Member "manning" the Rainforest turnstile,I would ask them what time they are going to start letting Guests in the Park on that particular day if you are wanting to be one of the first Guests in the Park.

WEDWDW. I have a question maybe you could answer.... I have a family going with small kiddos to rope drop the AK. They are NOT doing FOP. (We will fp Navi river). Their trip is in late August. I want them to be at dinoland for park opening, and am going to advise them to be at the turnstiles for 8:30 am. They have never done Disney before and I want to keep them from being overwhelmed at the chaos that is the avatar rush in the morning. If the goal is a stress free entrance into AK, and not to be at the head of the rush, would the rainforest entrance work well for them? Does it generally open by 9 am, or a little bit earlier?

WEDWDW. I have a question maybe you could answer.... I have a family going with small kiddos to rope drop the AK. They are NOT doing FOP. (We will fp Navi river). Their trip is in late August. I want them to be at dinoland for park opening, and am going to advise them to be at the turnstiles for 8:30 am. They have never done Disney before and I want to keep them from being overwhelmed at the chaos that is the avatar rush in the morning. If the goal is a stress free entrance into AK, and not to be at the head of the rush, would the rainforest entrance work well for them? Does it generally open by 9 am, or a little bit earlier?
Rainforest is on the “wrong” side for getting to Dinoland, you would have to cross the Pandora crowd.

I would line up to enter all the way to the right, and stay right. I would also plan on arriving just at 9 to let the rush enter. Dinoland is completely empty, so the extra 15 min is not worth dealing with the crowds.

Rainforest is on the “wrong” side for getting to Dinoland, you would have to cross the Pandora crowd.

I would line up to enter all the way to the right, and stay right. I would also plan on arriving just at 9 to let the rush enter. Dinoland is completely empty, so the extra 15 min is not worth dealing with the crowds.
Thank You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter