AK Moonlight Magic Reviews

We went this past Tuesday. We arrived at the gate at 7:00 and were given armbands and a game voucher. We went right to the safari with a 15 minute wait. We then went to Everest with maybe a 15 minute wait and then on to Dinosaur 3 times and Primal Whirl 3 times. Walked right into the restaurant back there and had hot dogs, chips, cookies, carrots and apple slices. We played our carnival game and did the dance party for about a half hour. Went back to Everest and rode 2 more times and headed over to Creature Comforts for ice cream bars. Stopped in and got drinks at the pizza restaurant and then arrived into Pandora at 11:45. Went on Navi and got in line for FOP at 12:15. Was off the ride at 12:55. Headed out! It was beautiful weather and a great event. We did not do any characters this time so I can not comment on the lines for that.

Just went Tuesday also. We checked in at POLY and didn’t arrive until 8:30. It was crazy busy since there was still a lot of people there from general admission too. We headed back to Everest as ROL was letting out. :scared1: But we rode 5 times right away walk on. They were checking armbands to even get in line. Headed back and did the games with the free vouchers in dinoland. My Youngest wanted to do the dance party and rest of the group went to dinosaur. We then went and got hot dogs, chips, apple slices, carrots, cookies and drinks from restaurant-o-saurous with almost zero wait. Character lines were a little long so we only did the 2 caballeros. Then went over and walked around pandora since my daughter and her boyfriend never saw it at night. Both lines were quoting an hour or more so we didn’t attempt. We already did them a few days prior. We then went and got free Mickey bars- again no wait. I got my event shirt and we left around 12:45. Wish we could have done more characters, but lines were too long. Not horrible but at least 30-45 minutes each. Overall it felt a little crowded, but it was fun.

We went to the April one as well. My family isn't that into this park--they mostly like mild rides and our normal visit to AK includes Finding Nemo and Festival of the Lion King--neither of which was running (which I knew going in.) So, saying that--DH didn't particularly enjoy it and thought there were too many people there for the amount of things open. My kids loved it, and I thought it was good for a free event.

We checked in at Poly right around 7:30PM. (It's where we were staying and we did the Luau that night.) Got to AK around 8PM, went straight to the Safari ride as we've never done a night one. About a 1/2 hr. wait at 8:30PM. Didn't see too much for animals...like I said, my kids loved it...DH and I prefer the daytime safari when we can see more. When we got out of that it was maybe 9:10PM and DD18 wanted to meet Ms. Bunny and Thumper...so we got in the line that had already formed even though they wouldn't be meeting until 9:30PM. I ended up getting in a line by 'Creature Comforts' nearby, waiting for them to open up so I could get the 4 of us MIckey ice cream bars. They opened that up a little early, and I got the 4 bars that we ate while waiting in line. The kids loved that character meet. We saw one of the Animal Awakenings on the Tree of life, then we headed to Dinoland to get ready for the 10:30PM Rivers of Light show--looked at the games in Dinoland...but no one was interested in using our free vouchers as the prizes looked to be cheap carnival ones...just dinosaurs, nothing Disney related. The PJ dance party music was too loud for our family. DD14 and DH went on Triceratops Spin while DD18 and I went to try and get food to eat from Restaurantosaurus...line was out the door at 10-10:15PM, so we nixed that idea, rejoined the rest of our family and went to the ROL show. After the show, we got some free food from Flame Tree BBQ as the line was very short there at 11PM--2 plated meals (hot dog, carrots, cookies, chips), and then 2 extra bags of chips, 2 bags of apple slices, and 4 fountain drinks. We went to Pandora from there. We had been checking wait times on the app all night long...Navi River said 15 minutes...but went up to 30 minutes while we were in line--line stopped moving for a while, not sure what happened. We got out of the ride at midnight. Flight of Passage which started at 180 minutes at 8:30PM only went down to a 60 minute wait...which was still too long for us at midnight. DH and DD14 were interested in riding it...but not waiting an hour at midnight to do so. Oh well. Everyone was tired at that point anyway, so we left the park. We did have perfect weather for the event.

We also went to AK MM. I think it was a fun event. We arrived about 6:00 and had dinner at Satu'li Canteen. We then got our wristbands with about a 5 min. wait. We had a FP for the Safari so we hit that and then we rode Everest, which was a walk on. We went to Pandora and looked around as we had never been there at night. The party actually started around that point. We rode Navi River Journey. It was about a 25 min. wait. FOP was still a long wait so we went and got free ice cream bars and then headed to Rivers of Light. There was a showing at 10:30. It was not crowded at all. We got there about 15 min. before it started. After that, we headed to Dinoland and used our vouchers and did the dance party. The DJ was great. My kids really liked the dance party. Then we met Tarzan and Jane, Mickey and Minnie, and the brother bears. We got hotdogs at Flametree and headed out around midnight. I really wanted to meet Jiminy Cricket, but the line was crazy long for that. I also wanted to go back to Pandora and ride FOP, but my kids did well to hang until midnight.

We went this past Tuesday. We arrived at the gate at 7:00 and were given armbands and a game voucher. We went right to the safari with a 15 minute wait. We then went to Everest with maybe a 15 minute wait and then on to Dinosaur 3 times and Primal Whirl 3 times. Walked right into the restaurant back there and had hot dogs, chips, cookies, carrots and apple slices. We played our carnival game and did the dance party for about a half hour. Went back to Everest and rode 2 more times and headed over to Creature Comforts for ice cream bars. Stopped in and got drinks at the pizza restaurant and then arrived into Pandora at 11:45. Went on Navi and got in line for FOP at 12:15. Was off the ride at 12:55. Headed out! It was beautiful weather and a great event. We did not do any characters this time so I can not comment on the lines for that.

Sounds like a great night, glad to hear! Primeval Whirl 3 times....wow

We went to the one on 4/17. We had already been in the park earlier in the day, so knowing that we would come back at night helped ease up on our touring plans during the day. We arrived around 8:30pm (park was officially closed at this time), we picked up our bands right at the airport check counter at Kidani. We headed over to Dinosaur and rode with a 5 minute wait, we went through dino land but the games were not open yet. By the time we reached Everest it was a little after 9pm, so park guest were pretty much gone and it was a walk on. We then hit the safari- we waited close to 20 minutes to get on - which was a little disappointing as we really didn't see much other than a sleeping baby hippo, which was cute and the male lion perched on his rock (he looked very majestic which was the main highlight of the evening safari) so with that i would not waste my time on that.

After the safari we did the Rivers of light, we arrived late and the theater was full so we ended up watching from the side, I am guessing the view from the theater would be much better. If you have seen ROL before then i would actually use that time for character meets as those waits would likely be shorter.

We walked by one area where they were giving out food, the mob of people was crazy. I think people wait until they get to the park to eat the free hot dogs and nuggets. We had dinner so we didn't need to stop there, but we did go in for our mickey ice cream - basically we just walked in and walked right out with the ice cream.

When we arrived at 8:30 there were people already lining up to waiting for some of the character meets. We passed by a number of meet and greets but the lines seemed a little long so we didn't end up stopping.

We headed over to Pandora and did Navi with about a 20 minute wait -this was around 11:30pm- I am very glad that i did not waste a FP on that ride. It is beautiful ride but so short and certainly not worth the FP nor waiting close to 2 hours. It was around 12:15am -- the rest of my party was beat - some how my 4DD held in there and made it this late but was pretty much a 50# sack of potatoes that had to be carried back to the bus. At 12:15am the wait time for FOP was listed as 45 minutes - my 12DS and i contemplated hopping in line (we did FOP with a FP earlier in the day and were blown away) so we decided to go for it. We thought the ride was worth a 45 minutes wait, but we lucked out and only ended up waiting about 20 minutes to get to the first room. I don't know if they keep the posted wait times up to date or if they keep them higher to deter people from getting in line. Even the CMs at the ride entrance were stating 45 minutes. -- So if you go maybe don't trust what they are telling.

All in all it was a fun event. To be in the park with very few people was amazing. There was a walk from Everest to the safari where we only saw a handful of people. I wish we would have gotten back to the dance party but that didn't happen. We feel fortunate that we were able to attend as i doubt that it will ever align with any future trips.

Someone had mentioned in an earlier thread that there were veggie burgers somewheree? Can anyone confirm that? (my daughter is a vegetarian)

Someone had mentioned in an earlier thread that there were veggie burgers somewheree? Can anyone confirm that? (my daughter is a vegetarian)

Yes, they had veggie burgers - at least at a couple of the restaurants (I bet at all because they were all serving the same options that I saw).

This was AK only. I don't remember seeing the veggie burgers at MK.

Thanks. I know we were surprised at mk and felt bad that she couldn't have anything. Good to know

Do they have buses to all disney resorts all night or just DVC resorts? I’m trying to decide if we have to drive or if we can get back to all star music.

Was anyone able to check in prior to 7:30 pm. At the last event we where able to check in a little earlier (we have day tickets so we where already in the park) and our guests came in later, checking in with our name. It was super easy and we actually never had to be with our "guests" at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!