AK meal certificate info?

lodgelady

DIS Veteran
Just read about these....a few Q's:

Where can we get the best food for the best value with these?

Does the ice cream bar included as snack option mean we can get a Mickey premium bar?

Do you recommend??

Thanks!!!! :wave2:

We did use these certs again on our last visit in Dec. We have used them at Pizzafari, Tusker House and Flame Tree. I think its a pretty good deal at all of them. At Flame tree I had ribs with a side and a drink--that would have been atleast $11 or $12 cash. Plus you get a drink later (says soda or water but ds was offered a Poweraide once). And yes you get your choice of ice cream from the cart. Some of us got Mickey Bars (I got a Simba ;) ). Tusker House was also a good deal and so was Pizzafari.
Just a FYI Flame Tree doesnt serve regular bbq (atleast not Texas bbq, lol). The bbq seasoning is kind of grainy--some type of rub on seasoning. I didnt like like the rest of my family had no complaints.

You can study the Animal Kingdom menus at www.allears.net to get an idea of what would be the best deal.

And yes, Mickey Premium bars are a choice! I got one of those and a bottle of water with my little coupons.

NTDIANE--you buy them at the AK park, either at the front or they can also be purchased in the restaurants. They are a little over $12 with tax

The adult one is 12, the kid one is 6.

We got my 6 year old the pizza at Pizzafari. It was 5.99 and came with chips and a soda.

Above the kids menu on the board, there was a box that said Meal Plus. The kids meal plus was 5.99. It included her pizza, chips and soda. And a cert for soda or water and another one for popcorn or icecream.

So I asked for the Meal Plus. Why the heck would I spend 5.99 for just the meal, when I could spend the same amount and get a free drink and ice cream?

Originally posted by KimberAnn

So I asked for the Meal Plus. Why the heck would I spend 5.99 for just the meal, when I could spend the same amount and get a free drink and ice cream?

I bought this same meal in January. I did not notice the sign. I just asked for the kids meal for my DD and the cashier handed me the coupons. Great deal ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter