AK- if no FP then which Pandora ride to rope drop and which at closing?

mthds

Mouseketeer
If I am unable to get a fast past for both FOP and Nari River which one is better to rope drop and which is better to save til end of day. I know end of day may still be a long line but if we are in line before park closes then we get to ride, correct? If I'm going to wait in line for a long time I rather wait while not losing ride time for other things.

To answer your other question, yes, if you are in line before the park closes you get to ride (unless the ride breaks down etc)

I agree with the others. But I just wanted to mention that I dont think you will have a problem getting Navi as a fp, even if you dont get FOP. How many days in advance will you be booking?

Last edited:
I agree with the others. But I just wanted to mention that I dont think you will have a problem getting Navi as a fp, even if you dont get FOL. How many days in advance will you be booking?

We are onsite so 60+3

I made mine at 60 and when I go back to tweak them there is still lots of availability for Navi left and I'm at about 34 now. So I would think you could at least get that for a decent time.

If you are there early enough, then do FoP. however, if you get there and the line is already very long, I would do Navi at RD and FoP right before closing.
Keep looking for FPs during the day as they do become available.

Sadly, (and disappointingly) Navi' River is not a popular attraction.

Be aware that "right before closing" is a bit tricky with FOP. They count into the queue to limit how long after closing the ride will have to run, and when they hit that limit, you can't get in even if the park is still open. This past Thursday (6/27), we walked in at 7:33, and the standby entrance was closed at 7:44, 16 minutes before park closing. (FTR, the app showed a wait time of 150 minutes when we walked in, and it did not change on the app until after 8:30, when the wait time disappeared from the app entirely. We exited the ride at 9:06, for a total time (including the 5 minutes of actual ride time) of 93 minutes.

I agree with everyone on rope dropping FOP, but I would caution not to expect a total walk-on for Navi. We rope dropped Navi and it was 30 minutes in line, and showing 60 minutes wait when we got out. So just a word of caution it very much depends on crowd level.

I don't think it would be hard to get a Navi FP at 60+3 though, so you should be fine to rope drop FOP and get a FP for Navi (and maybe ride Navi twice, depending on the wait time when you exit FOP).

When you rope drop FOP (with extra magic hours) where do they direct you to line up? We've always had FP+ but my son will be traveling with friends and they plan to rope drop.

You will enter the park and walk to the entrance of pandora (just past tiffins). You can’t miss it—there is always a mass of people waiting there

You will enter the park and walk to the entrance of pandora (just past tiffins). You can’t miss it—there is always a mass of people waiting there
Thanks! So just the "normal" entrance?...I've seen the lined towards Festival of the Lion King so wasn't sure.

When you rope drop FOP (with extra magic hours) where do they direct you to line up? We've always had FP+ but my son will be traveling with friends and they plan to rope drop.

They usually stop you on the bridge before starting the line then stay to the right... you can’t miss it they have signs, cast members, and the mass of people help ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter