Airport Leis

EcbLovesMickey

Willing to Work for Disney Dollars!!!
Has anyone pre-ordered Leis at the airport? I see several different places that will meet you with leis in hand. Anyone know if it's worth it, or can we get them once we arrive?

No need to buy them. When you arrive at Aulani, women get a flower lei, men get a kukui nut lei, and kids get a Menehune necklace.

Agree with PP. You'll receive an artificial one as part of your stay when you arrive at Aulani. I don't know whether the packages you can buy for the airport would be fresh flower leis, but at least the artificial ones are lighter and can be brought home!

Agree with PP. You'll receive an artificial one as part of your stay when you arrive at Aulani.

Guess they've made a change giving artificial ones. When we went, they were fresh flowers. But that was about 2 1/2 years ago.

Guess they've made a change giving artificial ones. When we went, they were fresh flowers. But that was about 2 1/2 years ago.

Now I'm second guessing myself! lol! Maybe someone else can confirm - we received 5 leis between different resorts and activities we did on our trip, so I may be mis-remembering Aulani!

We just arrived yesterday and the women received fresh flower leis and the men received Kukui nut leis.

Thanks for clarifying! Well, if you want an artificial one to bring home, you can find some at the ABC Store across the street!

It’s our family trip, with three generations, so havin someone meet us when we get off the *very long* flight sounded fun.

If thenones at Aulani are fresh, maybe we’ll wait for them. But there’s something special about having someone meet you at the airport

Do you think we will still get greeted with leis if we arrive at Aulani late at night (11pm)?

We received fresh leis at Aulani. And yes, you should receive them no matter what time you arrive. If they don't give them to you, just ask. They had them in drawers behind the desks outside. I'm sure if they close those up at some point in the night and the front desk doesn't have access, they will tell you to come get them in the morning.

You can buy a lei greeting with Hawaiian Airlines. If you hire a limo, most will do a lei for $10 more. Like ABC Limos

They also have lei stands at the airport outside they have good deals. Look for the signs

Welcoming our visitors with lei is an important tradition at Daniel K. Inouye International Airport.

Since the 1940s, lei makers have sold their handmade fresh flower garlands at the airport. The lei are made from many kinds of flowers but the most popular are plumeria, orchid, carnation and pikake. Specialty lei are also available. Orchid flowers are popular with those who like fragrance free lei.

Today, 12 Lei Stands are located on the left side of the airport entry road before the Interisland Terminal. The Lei Stands are generally open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter