• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Bus

disnymjkmom

Earning My Ears
I'm going to arrive in LAX on 11/27. I'm still trying to figure out the fastest way from the airport to DL (Howard Johnson). I have been told that there are 2 different shuttles that will take you to that area. I have called and neither will let me make ressies. I would like to avoid standing in a group of say 50 other people who arrived after me but get on the shuttles before and I'm left waiting.

Can someone tell me about the airport bus? Is this what I'm looking for? :confused3

Last time we took the airport bus, we gathered our luggage, and went outside and stood under a green sign. We waited about 30 minutes, then a bus came by, said we had too many people (there were about 25 people standing there). So that bus left, and another came about 30 minutes after that. We then got on the bus, and it headed to the Harbor Blvd area. We were the very last to get off on our bus, we were at the Park Inn. It took about 2 hours to get to the hotel, it was torture. It is funny, because he dropped people off at the Fairfield, and said to us, I will take you closer, right to your door. Then he went around the other way, and we were on there another hour. Now that I know how close the two hotels are together, I am thinking Huh??Why didn't he drop us off then too? :confused3

We got off the airplane at 3:10, and to the hotel at 6:30.

The bus ride back from hotel to airport wasn't nearly that bad, only took about 1-1.5 hours.

So if you are counting on going from the airport to your hotel quick, might not happen!

Needless to say, this time-we rented a car. :flower:

I would look into a taxi maybe too.

That's what I am afraid of. I just want to get on a shuttle or bus or taxi and get there. I was excited about being able to fly over and save time. I'm feeling frustrated. I'm a planner and I'm still unsure about how to get from Lax to DL without hassle/fast.

Anyone have any suggestions. Who arrived @ LAX and the shuttle was there waiting for you? Made it to DL in 30 - 35 min's, anyone????

I've had to wait a long time for Airporter Buses (which I now try to avoid), but I've never had trouble catching a shuttle quickly. But I still wouldn't count on 30-35 minutes; perhaps more like an hour. I've taken Supershuttle where they've gone directly to my hotel, and other times when I've been the fourth stop after a tour of Anaheim. I think ExpressShuttle may dominate the LAX to DL route now.

Is this bus the DL bus that is suppose to be simular to WDW Magical Express?
I have used WDW's ME and going to use DL's bus next month.

I was nervous about using SuperShuttle to get to/from the HoJo and LAX before my first trip to DL in Oct. However, I have been to DL twice in the past three weeks...flew into LAX....and took SuperShuttle both times to the Hojo (yes, stayed there twice since I liked it so much).

All four rides took about an hour to complete with no complaints....one of the rides to DL last week only took 45 mins. You will have to share space rather intimately with other passengers as they, typically, fill the van but I'm not looking for the lap of luxury when taking a shuttle. I just want to get there efficiently and safely. I've found Supershuttle to satisfy these needs quite well for little cash. I suggest tiping the driver $5 for your party each way.

I would NOT suggest parties larger than 4 people using Supershuttle as you may have to wait some extra time for them to clear a van that accomodates you.

I've also used SuperShuttle going from the Phoenix airport to a residential area and back....had no problems with them there either. I've always prepaid online and they have always showed up at my hotel on-time to get me to the airport. I didn't even call to confirm the day before on this past trip and the van was waiting for me as I exited the hotel.

If you aren't concerned about a luxurious ride and want a cheap and efficient way to get to and from DL, I would suggest SuperShuttle. You can reach them at supershuttle.com.

IMHO that Gray Line Disney Express just looks to be a logistical nightmare with that many people and so many possible drop-off locations. The central drop-off location sounds a bit confusing to me as well. I'd stick with a service that takes fewer people into and out of the area in one trip to help lessen the confusion and stress.

That's my .02 cents....hope it helps.

We came back a week ago and when we arrived we had a voucher for the Disney Bus. We gathered our luggage walked out to the green sign and waited maybe 15 minutes. This huge bus arrived, and there were only 15 of us getting on it. The driver was so funny, he asked us "How many of you saw the movie SPEED?" and went on to say "Well, this is my last trip of the night and I want to get home so hold on!" Everyone started laughing. When we returned to the airport the trip was long about 1.5 hours, but when you look at the LA traffic, I am surprised we made it in that time. Just know to leave yourself enough time heading back to the airport.

Thanks for all the info. I'm sure I guess Im leaning toward the suppershuttle. Maybe I'm just a little too anxious to start my vacation. I've been marking the days off on the calander - like a kid!. Thanks again for all the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter