Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

Ok so I did 5 offers at Sobeys today and two didn't show up on my receipt (the Tia Rosa, and the $10 Schneiders meats in a single transaction). The cashier couldn't tell me why, and there's no customer service area. She just suggested I call. I don't want to bother calling because even if they can credit me the bonus miles, I am concerned that it won't count towards the shop the block if it's an adjustment.

I had already done the Shell offer and I went to Rexall so I have 5 offers. Would have been done today with the other two but it won't be too hard to get two more. I like the coffee creamer and can get DH to stop at Foodland and we'll do the Shell offer again when that date hits.

That's odd. I did the Tia Rosa offer at Sobeys and it showed on my receipt.
Ditto.....it did show as 000 beside the PLU but the 10 miles were on the receipt below the item.

So I just opened a new account in my DD's name. She got all excited because she thought I would actually allow her to use the card rather than using mine. Nope, sorry....it's strictly for bonus purposes. However, when I explained that it would be $200 worth of Disney Starbucks money she was thrilled. Does it make sense to have it set at 100% cash miles. My thinking was that it would be a faster way to make use of the miles.

I also printed out all the online coupons and have organized them. I will easily have 10-11 on my account and 8-9 on her account. Going to make the half hour drive to Foodland tomorrow just for chocolate bars. Totally stupid but I usually buy some for Christmas anyway and DD has been craving chocolate for a while now...I will express post her a couple tomorrow. Fun way to spend my day off :crazy:

I was also wondering if it's there's any difference in benefits to using strictly cash or dream miles. Or should I do half/half? I'm still pretty new to collecting and very undecided.

I was also wondering if it's there's any difference in benefits to using strictly cash or dream miles. Or should I do half/half? I'm still pretty new to collecting and very undecided.
My account is set at 100% dream. I do have 1500 cash miles which the majority came from last years STB. Figure out what you plan to use the miles for and then set your preferences accordingly. I pretty much only use my miles for travel so being 100% dream fits the bill. I have been using my miles for WDW tickets for the last 10 years or more. It affords me 1-3 visits a year. If I had to pay for tickets we would not be going as often...maybe even only every few years.

I set up DH's new AM account 100% cash also (mine is usually 100% Dream with occasionally a 10% Cash when I need to top up my cash account for promotions like STB).

I got 7 offers done (confirmed):

LCBO wine
Spend $60 get 20 at Foodland
Spend $60 get 20 at Sobeys
Cadbury chocolate bars Foodland
Cadbury chocolate bars Sobeys
Herbal Essences Sobeys
Chicken weiners/bacon Foodland

It should have been 8 but for some reason the deli meat coupon didn't work (on the reciept it shows the coupon code but no airmiles were given for it). I don't know why. I definitely picked a Maple Leaf bologna. Oh well, now I have $11 of sliced bologna...(bologna was the only Maple Leaf/Schneiders product Foodland had lol)

I have my airmiles set to 100% dream but I always miss out on the cash miles offers so I think I'll change it to set a small percentage to cash.

I got 7 offers done (confirmed):

LCBO wine
Spend $60 get 20 at Foodland
Spend $60 get 20 at Sobeys
Cadbury chocolate bars Foodland
Cadbury chocolate bars Sobeys
Herbal Essences Sobeys
Chicken weiners/bacon Foodland

It should have been 8 but for some reason the deli meat coupon didn't work (on the reciept it shows the coupon code but no airmiles were given for it). I don't know why. I definitely picked a Maple Leaf bologna. Oh well, now I have $11 of sliced bologna...(bologna was the only Maple Leaf/Schneiders product Foodland had lol)

I have my airmiles set to 100% dream but I always miss out on the cash miles offers so I think I'll change it to set a small percentage to cash.
It was the deli meat coupon that didn't work for me too. I can also see the coupon on the receipt but no bonus miles. I think I will ask hubby to go to the Foodland by his work to get the chocolate and maybe the coffee mate and then I will be done.

I also opened an account in my husband's name. We set it to Dream Rewards. I did it online though. Air Miles will mail a plastic card and in the meantime we printed out the paper one.

I also bought the deli meat. The PLU shows on my receipt with the other ones that I used but the miles shows as 0.00. At the top of the receipt where the meat is listed the miles are below the item.

Also how is everyone opening the new accounts? Just online or in store?

I picked up a hard copy one for DH at Sobeys but now I'm questioning it… They had me fill out a paper application that they have to send in to activate, I'm not that positive about it getting set up before the end of the promo.

I registered DH online. Since I did my 7 offers in only 1 day, I am waiting for his card to start his.

Oh well, now I have $11 of sliced bologna...(bologna was the only Maple Leaf/Schneiders product Foodland had lol)

Mine too! I had them thick slice it and DH had a bologna sandwich, then the next night we had fried eggs and fried bologna for supper. You would have thought they won the lottery. lmao. Sometimes it's the little things.

I registered DH online. Since I did my 7 offers in only 1 day, I am waiting for his card to start his.

You can print off a paper card on the site and start using it right away!

Neither my Sobeys or Foodland have the Tia Rosa products. I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth asking at Foodland for them to get some in for me.
I would use 3 of the coupons (my card and each of my girls). Maybe I will ask and see how it goes.

I also bought the deli meat. The PLU shows on my receipt with the other ones that I used but the miles shows as 0.00. At the top of the receipt where the meat is listed the miles are below the item.
Ok .. so my Tia Rosa coupon did work.. it's down there at the very bottom! Not up at the top with the other STB bonus coupons. However the meat isn't on there. I think I might know why. I bought two types of Schneiders meat and together they totalled over $10. The coupon says "in a single transaction" which I took to mean on one receipt, but I bet it had to be one item on the receipt.

The part I didn't mention from yesterday was that I did my $60 shop at Sobey's and then forgot to give the cashier the coupons. :headache:
I had to make the poor woman return everything and ring it in again and use the coupons. So the receipt is a mess and it's hard to see what is on there and what isn't.

In other news, I just signed up Dh and Dd for their own cards. We will still use my account for the everyday stuff but I will do the big promos on theirs too. :)

I'm so jealous of those who can make use of several sets of 7 offers. My coupons for NS are many, but I can't/wouldn't use most of them. I can make use of 8 without needless spending, so it's not really "worth" it to me to try for more than 1 set. But I'll stilll be happy to collect 2000 points for "free"!

6 down, a couple more to do (to make sure I have a buffer).

Did Sobeys yesterday. Missed out on the roast chicken because I bought the smaller size. Almost missed out on the Herbal Essences because it required (apparently, although I see nothing in the fine print about this) to be two identical products, not just two Herbal Essences products so I had to get two conditioners, instead of shampoo and conditioner.

But on the upside, I was apologizing to the woman behind me in line as the cashier was running back and forth between manager and me to make sure all my coupons worked. She was super excited to learn about STB, and wanted to know all my AM tips, as she was starting to figure out AMs. She didn't get any personalized coupons, didn't know STB, and was only using the flyer.

I'm so jealous of those who can make use of several sets of 7 offers. My coupons for NS are many, but I can't/wouldn't use most of them. I can make use of 8 without needless spending, so it's not really "worth" it to me to try for more than 1 set. But I'll stilll be happy to collect 2000 points for "free"!
Me too! Out here in the BC, the offers are so much harder. There are no buy 4 chocolate bars or 2 shampoo deals out here. Safeway/IGA is $100 spend. It's stretch to get one set done for us.

This is my plan:
1) Safeway $100 spend - done
2) BMO - 25 transactions
3) Shell $50 spend
4) Shell $50 spend
5) airmilesshops - 3 shops $20 each
6) HBC $50 spend
7) ?? May have to drive to a Rexall ($25) or Thrifty's Foods($65) (not near us) and make a purchase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter