Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

******** I'm just now glancing thru the flyers and found a bonus in the Foodland one!!! They have a flyer offer for (get this) CHOCOLATE BARS! Buy 4 of the same bars you need for the StB coupon and get 25 AM on sale for 2/$5.00

Sorry hubby, we will be heading to a Foodland sometime this week :P

I need a double ***Like*** button for this post
Hugs Mel

I went to Sobeys this morning. I had the STB coupons; printed coupons (not STB) from AM's website to use at Foodland/Sobeys; and the Sobeys' APP offers.

*** I actually meant to use 4 coupons but forgot to pick up a Philsbury crescent. I didn't realize until I got home and read the fine print I had to use ALL 4 coupons in ONE transaction to get 25 miles. Hence, only 10 for using 3 coupons. So I lost out on 15 miles for a product we use all the time. :( Oh well.

3 more STB coupons to use. I'll use the Rexall on the 20th and the 2 Shell.

I'm not even attempting my little blue book of bonuses until all my shop the block are finished for that very reason. It's hard enough keeping my and my DH shopping separate (using two different cards in the same shopping trip). I couldn't imagine tacking something else on top.

For those thinking about getting an oil change as one of your coupons, BE WARNED

I got mine changed today. Went to pay and handed the employee my coupon. He said it only applies to synthetic oil changes. Of course, I had gone with the cheapest option. We are only occasional drivers, so absolutely no chance I'll use the coupon with another trip before the event ends. :sad2:

Ah well, lots of other options that I can manage. But maybe this will save someone else from the pain of thinking they have a coupon only to learn it won't work.

For those thinking about getting an oil change as one of your coupons, BE WARNED

I got mine changed today. Went to pay and handed the employee my coupon. He said it only applies to synthetic oil changes. Of course, I had gone with the cheapest option. We are only occasional drivers, so absolutely no chance I'll use the coupon with another trip before the event ends. :sad2:

Ah well, lots of other options that I can manage. But maybe this will save someone else from the pain of thinking they have a coupon only to learn it won't work.

I'm sure you just saved many people.

Hi Hon
I am in Ontario and I just had a Jiffy Lube oil change,,,
the Shop The Block web site online says no coupon necessary?

* Offer valid October 1, 2017 through November 30, 2017 at participating Jiffy Lube stores in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, Yukon and Northwest Territories. Get 10x the AIR MILES® Reward Miles on a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil change, Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil change, Pennzoil Gold™ Synthetic Blend motor oil change, Pennzoil® High Mileage motor oil change, Shell ROTELLA® T6 Full Synthetic Heavy Duty engine oil change and Shell ROTELLA® T5 Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty engine oil change when a valid AIR MILES Card is swiped at the time of purchase. Multiplier offer applies to the Base Miles Offer of 1 Reward Mile for every $20 spent in a single transaction on premium Pennzoil®†† and Shell Rotella®† oil change services, and wiper blades and windshield washer fluid associated with an oil change service at participating locations (after discounts, before taxes, some exclusions apply). No coupon required.

I was told that the only type of oil they use is Pennzoil and that I would get the purchase as one of my offers.
Now i am not sure and think I need to contact airmiles to confirm?
Hugs Mel

P.S.EDITED to include
Ok I Googled and I see there is a synthetic oil change and a conventional oil change,,I guess I got the synthetic. Definitely a big price difference between the two.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=what...j69i57j0l4.14586j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
It's official, I'm doing STB for my DS. I'm waiting on AM to post so that I can use the spend 95Cash coupons (and finish up my two cards) so I might as well. I had him print out a copy of his card for me to use. Switched him over to 100%cash. The child will be Gold by the end of the year (well next year).

I am in for STB! Offers in Alberta don't sound as plentiful as Ontario (no coupons for individual items like lunch meat or chocolate) but still do-able. I did one at Rexall today but the "How to Use" said no coupon required. I got my bonus miles and have my receipt but nothing says it's part of this promo. This is where I get nervous...

I made a quick run to Sobeys after work today. Before going I spent nearly 30 minutes organizing the STB coupons(printed them all out), Myoffers and my list on the Flipp app. The end result was $127.80 spent and 230 miles earned. However, I was shorted 32 miles because one of the Myoffers didn't credit and the cashier keyed in some of my produce wrong which resulted in being below the $80 spend threshold...by $4 :headache: Used 5 STB coupons though. Going to Rexall on Monday to use that one.

Part of my $127 was a $50 Cara gift card so I can confirm that it won't count towards the minimum spend.

I've been tossing around the idea of opening another AM account just to have for these big mile promos. I think what I'm going to do is open one in my DD's name and make it 100% cash miles. That way we can use the miles right away(well, February) without needing to wait for a second STB type deal to accumulate enough to redeem for something decent. Now I need to just lay out the STB coupons to spread over two accounts.....should be easy though, I counted 20 that I could make use of.

Hi Hon
I am in Ontario and I just had a Jiffy Lube oil change,,,
the Shop The Block web site online says no coupon necessary?

* Offer valid October 1, 2017 through November 30, 2017 at participating Jiffy Lube stores in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Manitoba, Yukon and Northwest Territories. Get 10x the AIR MILES® Reward Miles on a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil change, Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil change, Pennzoil Gold™ Synthetic Blend motor oil change, Pennzoil® High Mileage motor oil change, Shell ROTELLA® T6 Full Synthetic Heavy Duty engine oil change and Shell ROTELLA® T5 Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty engine oil change when a valid AIR MILES Card is swiped at the time of purchase. Multiplier offer applies to the Base Miles Offer of 1 Reward Mile for every $20 spent in a single transaction on premium Pennzoil®†† and Shell Rotella®† oil change services, and wiper blades and windshield washer fluid associated with an oil change service at participating locations (after discounts, before taxes, some exclusions apply). No coupon required.

I was told that the only type of oil they use is Pennzoil and that I would get the purchase as one of my offers.
Now i am not sure and think I need to contact airmiles to confirm?
Hugs Mel

P.S.EDITED to include
Ok I Googled and I see there is a synthetic oil change and a conventional oil change,,I guess I got the synthetic. Definitely a big price difference between the two.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=what...j69i57j0l4.14586j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

you got it exactly right! synthetic vs. conventional is the problem. i got conventional. oh well. lots more coupons to use up!

i’m glad you got the right stuff when you went :)

Woo hoo!!!!! Stopped at Sobey's tonight and came all prepared with my list and STB coupons...luckily when we were ready to check out, there were no lines so the cashier allowed me to do each STB as a separate transaction to ensure the coupon registered and also to count towards my AMEX offer...used 4 of the STB offers at Sobey's and then stopped for gas at Shell on the way home so 5 coupons down and 2 to go plus 1 or 2 extra, just in case...

I am in for STB! Offers in Alberta don't sound as plentiful as Ontario (no coupons for individual items like lunch meat or chocolate) but still do-able. I did one at Rexall today but the "How to Use" said no coupon required. I got my bonus miles and have my receipt but nothing says it's part of this promo. This is where I get nervous...

I plan on doing this promotion tomorrow on DS account. Keep a screen shot of the coupon picture online and a photocopy of your receipt. I have found that my coupons which have posted so far have made mention of the fact that they were STB promotion items. Don't be nervous, it should be fine.

I bought the two wines from LCBO and the AMs were posted the next day. It doesn’t show STB, but it shows the names of the wines. Probably it’s because no coupon was used. I would keep the receipt just in case.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention that I grabbed the coupon booklet from Sobeys. It really stinks. If those were the only coupons it would be impossible to use 7.

I'm in Alberta as well and I was actually mailed a pamphlet with the individual items coupons. The cashier was asking how I got the coupons because she didn't receive anything in her mail. Luckily my coupons showed up the day before grocery shopping so I was able to use most of them. My bf received a pamphlet of coupons as well but he had different ones in his booklet.

I got mine changed today. Went to pay and handed the employee my coupon. He said it only applies to synthetic oil changes.

BOOOOO to that. That was going to be one of my stops for STB. Sigh...Guess I will have to rethink my strategy. It's a little harder here in the west. But I think I can still do it. Hopefully the weather and roads get a little better so I can do a little road trip to hit Rexall one weekend.

But I completed my first stop today...Spend 100...get 100 Am at safeway.

BOOOOO to that. That was going to be one of my stops for STB. Sigh...Guess I will have to rethink my strategy. It's a little harder here in the west. But I think I can still do it. Hopefully the weather and roads get a little better so I can do a little road trip to hit Rexall one weekend.

But I completed my first stop today...Spend 100...get 100 Am at safeway.

I’m in the west too and I agree! I’m not too sure if I’ll get the safeway one done. It’s such a short window (expires tomorrow) and I don’t think I need nearly 100$ worth of stuff this week. I’m hoping that other safeway coupons show up soon, so I can use them later this month/in December. My fingers are crossed that we see some better options posted to the website soon

Has anyone found the STB coupon books in Winnipeg yet??

Yeah...I got one at Sobeys. As far as I recall, there's nothing in the booklet that's not on the website. We're gonna be hard pressed to get all seven, but I think we can do it. My wife has an HBC card and I auto-enrolled it to AM. We received the email to verify it. Hopefully that will count as one.

For us, we can do the two Shell's, the BMO 25 transactions, Sobeys $100 tomorrow, $25 Rexall, the Black Friday Childrens Place, and the HBC auto-enrolment. I might get a Reisling from the LC just to make sure. But...I'm pretty jealous of the Ontario offers...if I lived there, I'd get two sets of bonuses for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter