Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

I've done 8 STB offers, but my airmilesshops, Budget, and Rexall shops haven't posted yet (Rexall was just done today, Budget last week)......should I keep going just incase or should I be safe?

I've done 8 STB offers, but my airmilesshops, Budget, and Rexall shops haven't posted yet (Rexall was just done today, Budget last week)......should I keep going just incase or should I be safe?
I would keep track and make sure they do, and make sure you keep the receipts.

I would keep track and make sure they do, and make sure you keep the receipts.
Other than seeing miles posted as transactions in our account, is there a way to know if a transaction through the Airmilesshop worked? I tried Airmilesshop for the first time in November. Thanks.

If you're asking if you should do another coupon my answer is no, keep your receipts attach a coupon to each one so you know what to look for and just wait it out. We are never able to do an insurance offer because we just can't afford it. You've already done eight I think that's plenty.

Ok, here’s where we stand so far ;

My Card
Rexall cash miles offer - done
L.C.B.O. - done
Shell in store offer - done
RONA cash miles offer -done
Foodland - Done
Airmilesshops - still to complete
Metro cash miles offer -still to complete

DH’s Card
Rexall cash miles offer -done
L.C.B.O. - done
Shell gas coupon - done
Sobey’s - done
Foodland - Done
Metro Cash Miles - still to complete
Children’s Place - still to complete

The only one I’m concerned about is that airmilesshops order. I plan to make it soon, and use my DD’s prime account for two day shipping but I know that some of you have been having issues with them separating the order. Even if airmiles is saying they will make it right, I don’t want to deal with hassle. But , we don’t need anything from anywhere else so I’m going to end up using it and hoping for the best. I have my gift cards for the Foodland shops and will probably do those tomorrow. Getting closer :).

Last edited:
Other than seeing miles posted as transactions in our account, is there a way to know if a transaction through the Airmilesshop worked? I tried Airmilesshop for the first time in November. Thanks.

Can you give me a little qualifying information to your question please? Are you saying that you are already seeing on your account miles posted coming from online transaction?
This is what my account looks like from a transaction at the bay ignore the fact that I don't have the multiplier for shopping on Cyber Monday that's a different issueScreenshot_20181208-172133_Chrome.jpg
If that's what you're seeing on your account then you're fine and miles for the coupon as part of that bonus will post eventually.

If you're asking if you should do another coupon my answer is no, keep your receipts attach a coupon to each one so you know what to look for and just wait it out. We are never able to do an insurance offer because we just can't afford it. You've already done eight I think that's plenty.
Totally agree, and whether it’s affordable or not it’s just the principal of the thing for me. I just won’t spend more money needlessly to insure against potential airmiles mistakes. It’s their job to insure their promos work correctly and I will politely but firmly make sure I am credited for following their conditions.

@pigletto I know this thread is getting extremely unwieldly but I did mention a while ago that I did an online chat with airmiles asking specifically about my Amazon shop being split for delivery and was told that it's not a problem what they're looking at is your bottom line transaction the amount that shows on your confirmation from Amazon. Airmiles has no way or no need to know how the order was shipped. I would so not trust Amazon Prime for 2 day delivery my order only arrived today and I placed it on Cyber Monday. But whether it will work for your coupon I say go for it unless it's something you need for Christmas.

Totally agree, and whether it’s affordable or not it’s just the principal of the thing for me. I just won’t spend more money needlessly to insure against potential airmiles mistakes. It’s their job to insure their promos work correctly and I will politely but firmly make sure I am credited for following their conditions.
I agree and I am not doing any back up offer this time. I will fight to the end if Airmiles screws up again!

Yes, that's exactly what I was asking. Thank you - hopefully they all post soon - I have a ziploc baggie with all my receipts and coupons attached to them. I guess I just sit back and wait now....

Also, since you guys are the experts, does anyone know what this is from?
Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 6.27.35 PM.png

@pigletto I know this thread is getting extremely unwieldly but I did mention a while ago that I did an online chat with airmiles asking specifically about my Amazon shop being split for delivery and was told that it's not a problem what they're looking at is your bottom line transaction the amount that shows on your confirmation from Amazon. Airmiles has no way or no need to know how the order was shipped. I would so not trust Amazon Prime for 2 day delivery my order only arrived today and I placed it on Cyber Monday. But whether it will work for your coupon I say go for it unless it's something you need for Christmas.
Thank you for your help , I had followed some of that but had forgotten. I will do two day delivery and hope for 14 day:rolleyes1..but it’s not the end of the world if it’s later.

The back of the printed coupon in the book says the original terms!
True, but this falls under the umbrella of "we reserve the right to change the terms of any and all offers just so we can tick you off" It's extremely annoying when they change the "rules" in the middle of the game but it is exactly like what we're dealing with here in Ontario with the Urban Fresh gift cards. There was a mix up between what the coupon in the booklet and on the website say and what Sobeys/Urban Fresh/Safeway had intended the offers to be. This year they caught the error and have had it corrected online and unfortunately that will override what the printed coupon says.

I'm pretty much done as well. Just waiting for miles to post to our accounts now.

My husband's card has more as opportunities rose to make use of getting the extra miles on the coupon. #8 my Dad purchased an extension cord and used the coupon for us. #9 we ended up needing stuff at Foodland that I originally was not going to purchase. #10 I just placed an order with fingers crossed crossed crossed it arrives for Christmas. If not, I can live with that. Since I was going to place it regardless, made sense to get the extra miles on his card.

My card:
1) Hudson's Bay convert points - waiting
2) Shell - posted
3) LCBO - posted
4) Foodland - posted
5) Rexall - waiting for STB but the rest posted
6) AirMilesShops at Amazon - waiting
7) Sobey's - waiting
8) Metro - can't do until the 20th

My husband's card:
1) Global Pet Foods - posted
2) Shell - posted
3) Fresh2goMetro - posted
4) Hudson's Bay convert points - waiting
5) Rexall - waiting for STB but the rest posted
6) LCBO - posted
7) Samsung - waiting
8) Lowe's - posted
9) Foodland - waiting
10) AirMilesShops - waiting

@ottawamom I too can relate to the university issues. My DD didn't get her grant money on time because she was a half credit short (in their eyes) of being a full time student. Meanwhile her program chair told her that she had a heavy coarse load and might want to rethink it. NO ONE...not the school, not OSAP....told her that she wouldn't get her grant money unless she changed her schedule. So she was freaking out as the payment deadline approached, passed and then even the 'secret' deadline passed. She finally went to the registrars office and found out that she needed to make the coarse changes to get the money. At that point she owed an additional $100 in late fees. When you consider the amount of money that we pay to the university it would be really nice if they would assist people through this stuff. We have no idea how any of it works and to even call the registrar you are on hold for minimum of an hour before you get someone. Then, they don't really tell you a whole lot. Going to the office also requires at least a 60-90 minute wait but you are at least able to get it figured out.....that of course is if you can tolerate the rude condescending attitude that they subject you to.

I’ve completed all except BMO where I need a few more transactions to get to 25.
1. Shell - posted
2. Sobeys - waiting
3. AM Shops - waiting
4. Staples - posted
5. Global pet foods - posted
6. Rona - waiting
7. BMO - not done
Bonus - Carpet One - requested but haven’t heard back. Need to follow up.
Bonus - Children’s place, rexal, LC

Can you give me a little qualifying information to your question please? Are you saying that you are already seeing on your account miles posted coming from online transaction?
This is what my account looks like from a transaction at the bay ignore the fact that I don't have the multiplier for shopping on Cyber Monday that's a different issueView attachment 368959
If that's what you're seeing on your account then you're fine and miles for the coupon as part of that bonus will post eventually.
Nov 22nd was my 1st time ever trying to do a purchase through AirMilesShops. I am not sure if I did it correctly and whether my transaction will count for Shop the Block 2018. I have no yet seen any transactions on my account for this though I am aware it can take time for it to post. I was mostly wondering if there was another way for me to verify if I had done things correctly through AirMilesShop, like if there was a way in there to see transactions, etc. but I went back there today and even went through their FAQ and didn't find anything. Since I don't know if it really worked, I am going to do at least 8 offers in case this one didn't work for me. thanks :)

I'm done too! 6/7 have posted, and Sobeys was done yesterday, and I trust that one to post next week. Still nothing from airmilesshops, but that's a spare now, and I have the 25 BMO transactions too. Feeling good about my first big promo, plus I reached Onyx today! (well, waiting for the status change, but the miles are there now!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter