Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

I asked the person on Facebook who posted the photos of the Ontario flyer. She posted a picture of the T&C on the back of the coupon. It's a limit of 5 for the Sobey's gift cards. So yes, you will get 750 air miles if you purchase 5 gift cards.
Awesome ! Thank you.

Make sure you're seated before reading this. I texted DS that I wanted to change his account over to cash miles. Told him about the upcoming promotion. That I would buy some GC on his account then use those miles to do 2 other coupons and all he would have to do was 1 fill-up at Shell. He said "don't bother". Where did I go wrong raising this one?

It's all good I've still got DH and another DS's cards to do.

I woke up this morning with a start ... It just hit me that because my "Toronto Days" have been moved from Fridays to Thursdays I won't be home when this promo launches :eek: I'm gonna need you to all step up and help each other out till I'm able to get home and use a computer. I'm hoping to stay up till after midnight so i can see the coupons myself and make a plan of attack for the city. Since the Urban Fresh Gift Card offer starts this week I might not even be able to catch the 1st bus home, every other time there's been one of these offers it NEVER works properly the first few hours.

I've been adding more suggestions to the first post as they cross my mind, today I added the reminder to read the coupons carefully because they aren't all active at the same time & you don't want to be prepared to use one and find out you've jumped the gun. Also, don't forget that these promos rarely launch smoothly!! It won't be uncommon to run into stores that either don't have the booklets or don't want to give you more than one if they have them. Gift Cards at Sobey's are notoriously problematic and during StB the miles didn't appear on the receipts (and i don't think they worked AT all the first 12 hours or so) If it's possible, try to wait until Friday to let the kinks iron out, to hear reports from others of how they did and decide if it's worth heading out yet.

For those of you who have cash miles (Rexall's starts this week) be really careful .. if an error is made and you don't catch it till AFTER the transaction is complete, they can't reverse the process, your cash miles are non-refundable. Ask them to scan the coupon and watch the screen carefully to make sure they use the correct amount to trigger the coupon (Rexall is easier than most because it will show on the cashier's screen it has been scanned), if you need to use enough for $20 and they only select $10 it won't work.

Anyone who is an area of the country that has a Rexall here's a quick way to get some cash miles into your account for the promo.

use this coupon that came via email

Spend $40 get 60 AM valid March 18th - 25th

Make sure you check your LoadandGo offers to see if you have a threshold spend there. For our newbies who aren't sure what the heck LoadandGo offers are (might see us refer to them as LnG) head over to this site and read up & sign up! Ignore the wording on the coupon that says they don't combine because they most certainly do stack!!

How LoadandGo works
LoadandGo Sign Up

For those doing multiple cards at the same time I've got to add this little tidbit.

Do one transaction (use coupon, redeem miles etc), confirm transaction posted properly. Take it to the car, pick up your list for next transaction, repeat. etc. Last year when doing multiple in a row I found it is so easy to get mixed up with all the coupons and cards. You want to have a process for checking out (goods, AM card, coupon, cash/CC or whatever works for you). Keep saying it over and over in your head. This is not the time to have a nice chit chat with the cashier about the weather. Serious stuff! Errors can easily be made by the collector and the cashier. Keep those eagle eyes on the prize.

Just my experience (but it cost me a few cash miles when I didn't pay enough attention). It's worth the extra steps to the car to clear your head and regroup.

For those doing multiple cards at the same time I've got to add this little tidbit.

Do one transaction (use coupon, redeem miles etc), confirm transaction posted properly. Take it to the car, pick up your list for next transaction, repeat. etc. Last year when doing multiple in a row I found it is so easy to get mixed up with all the coupons and cards. You want to have a process for checking out (goods, AM card, coupon, cash/CC or whatever works for you). Keep saying it over and over in your head. This is not the time to have a nice chit chat with the cashier about the weather. Serious stuff! Errors can easily be made by the collector and the cashier. Keep those eagle eyes on the prize.

Just my experience (but it cost me a few cash miles when I didn't pay enough attention). It's worth the extra steps to the car to clear your head and regroup.

Yes, I agree!

I have my little tracking charts all done up in Word on my desktop for both cards. And don't forget to attach a copy of the offer to your receipt in case the chase is on at the end of the promo!

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, I didn't see it in the pictures at the start of the thread. I picked up a booklet at RExall this morning, and it had metro in it, but it has the same wording as LCBO - "Get bonus miles on select offers online from Metro"

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, I didn't see it in the pictures at the start of the thread. I picked up a booklet at RExall this morning, and it had metro in it, but it has the same wording as LCBO - "Get bonus miles on select offers online from Metro"
My mistake, i didn't realize that the images Mel shared are slightly different from the ones I already have on the first page, I've added it now, thanks for pointing that out!

For those of you who have managed to get a booklet can you see any mention of either Mastercard or AMEX? I'm trying to map out the offers I'll use on both cards. Since I'll only be close to an Urban Fresh on Thursday I'll need to know before i head into Toronto if i have to make a stop there! (at the butt-crack of ugly o'clock!!!!)

My mistake, i didn't realize that the images Mel shared are slightly different from the ones I already have on the first page, I've added it now, thanks for pointing that out!

For those of you who have managed to get a booklet can you see any mention of either Mastercard or AMEX? I'm trying to map out the offers I'll use on both cards. Since I'll only be close to an Urban Fresh on Thursday I'll need to know before i head into Toronto if i have to make a stop there! (at the butt-crack of ugly o'clock!!!!)

There's nothing in my flyer about the credit cards. Were they in the flyers for shop the block, or just online?

There's nothing in my flyer about the credit cards. Were they in the flyers for shop the block, or just online?

I think the credit card offers have just been online in the past. I hope we see the same as we have before (25 transactions = 1 coupon). It looks like this will be a relatively easy event for most of us, but if anyone is struggling, here's my tip: use your credit card to pay down library fines in 1$ increments! I have around 15$ in fines because I let mine build up specifically for these events! :rotfl:

I think the credit card offers have just been online in the past. I hope we see the same as we have before (25 transactions = 1 coupon). It looks like this will be a relatively easy event for most of us, but if anyone is struggling, here's my tip: use your credit card to pay down library fines in 1$ increments! I have around 15$ in fines because I let mine build up specifically for these events! :rotfl:

Yes, this is a case of I should have dug thru my files before i asked! The offers don't show in the booklets but will be open at 12:01:01 EDT when the site launches!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter