Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Did anyone with the BMO W/E mastercard get an email today with this in it:

Save at the pumps this summer with a special Shell offer – coming soon.​
This great offer will be revealed the week of June 24, so keep an eye on your inbox. In the meantime, see where you can shop and earn more AIR MILES Reward Miles, every day.​

It will not be the "exciting" BMO offer I got, spend $575 by June 17 on my BMO card for 50 big AM! Yeah no thanks lol. Sadly, I probably could do it but it's just not worth it.
LOL....mine was spend $2800 for 50 Miles. I’m certain that they look at a couple of months spending and then assign this $. I’ve had 3-4 months in a row with pretty high spending on my MC. I got an AC installed in my house that was $4500 in March and the other months I’ve spent upwards of $2500 per month. Usually I only use that card for work so the amount is around$600-800.

Last edited:
LOL....mine was spend $2800 for 50 Miles. I’m certain that they look at a couple of months spending and then assign this $. I’ve had 3-4 months in a row with pretty high spending on my MC. I got and AC installed in my house that was $4500.

Probably, I used mine to buy a couple disney giftcards, but they were $250 each so this is a bit much!

Is she a hippo fan too ? My 13 yr old is huge .. this was from this weekend she says she can die happy now

OMG!! I'm such a fool. Do you remember THIS during the first ice cream frenzy at Sobey's 2 years ago? When we were babysitting our daughter's hippo, Birt? Well because of him, i've added "Birt" to my dictionaries and it didn't pop up in my spellcheck 🤣 I'll fix those things next time I'm at my actual computer

View attachment 408127 🤣

Attachments

• 7551B8B1-A27D-4703-8D6B-FE45B00305C8.jpeg
    7551B8B1-A27D-4703-8D6B-FE45B00305C8.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 9

Ooh a&w big kid just got a job at the mall and this might be ok for his lunches ;)

Sobeys Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10012/1318312Spend 100.00 get 100 airmiles

Foodland
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10016/1318319Spend 75.00 get 50 airmiles

Metro
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10017/1318417
Sobeys Urban Fresh Ont
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10092/1318321spend 75.00 get 50 airmiles

I'll probably pick up a few A&W cards at Metro
**Metro gift cards buy $25 get 25 airmiles OR Buy $50 get 50 airmiles
A&W,,Netflix,,Footlocker,,Bass Pro shops**

Hugs
Mel

I went to Rexall after work before checking in here
My printed coupon scanned but the printed app coupon wouldn't and they seemed to know this was going to happen and credited me 100 extra airmiles without any questions,,, which leads me to believe that by the time I got there many people had experienced the same thing. I feel bad for others who didn't get the airmiles and would try checking back with the Rexall store or airmiles Facebook or airmiles chat.
Hugs
Mel

PS OK Airmiles let's get to posting those MEGA MILES please!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Rexall: went this morning before finding out about the second coupon. Used my email and tried to use the L&G. Cashier gave the the L&G 100AM so I got 200. I was going to go back on Friday and get some compression socks when they go on sale BOGO 50% off but then I thought I don't really need two pairs. I could easily do another $50 today so this time I went armed with email, airmiles website coupon and L&G (again). 200 went through no problem and the cashier gave me the extra 100AM for L&G total of 300AM. All in all it was a spend $110 get 500AM kind of day.

Now I'll be off to pick up some of those A&W GC tomorrow at Metro and I think I will call it a week. (of AM hunting)

I didn’t fight for the LnG coupon. The cashier said it’s the same one so I didn’t insist. She scanned the other two with no problem but she thought they were the same one and I kept telling her the codes were different. Then she said they couldn’t be combined. She was surprised to see I had 200 AM on the receipt. I stopped AM hunting for a month after moving. I didn’t have the energy to go shopping for miles. I am glad I started to pick it up today.

Well I should have checked before I went but I didn't know about the 3rd one so only got 100 AM. and the girl on cash was her first day so had no clue, the guy she called to help was a jerk. And I'm sad now I missed out. To be honest I don't think I would have bothered if I had known I wasn't going to get the points! Ugh.
Thanks for posting. I printed the 1688 one by logging into airmiles after seeing your post, it is listed as an offer. The 5171 app one didn't work, person a couple of people ahead of me also tried. So I got 202 airmiles, $38 shop ($7 coupons, $5 survey). There is no way my store would have honoured the third.
I really should have checked here before making the trip to Rexall. It's completely out of my way, I was delayed repeatedly leaving work and really didn't want to go but there where a few items we actually needed so I went thinking I would get 200+ miles. I had a nice cashier who tried the app coupon 4 or 5 times. It was a no go just like everyone else. Does anyone have a phone number to call to attempt to get the miles adjusted?
I'm still feeling a little bitter about missing out on the 100AM, I didn't know about the 3 coupons so I can't push my luck for the third. I wonder if an airmiles chat would resolve anything, it was their fault the app coupon didn't even scan. And the guy at the store was very rude. I would have left everything and walked out but I'd gone on lunch with a friend and didn't want to be that person :) I will stick to my usual place from now on though, they usually have all the coupons lined up by the cash and scan them there without even prompting! Oh well. I got a few things for the trip (some blister bandages and sunscreen) and some atkins bars which I had for lunch.

I am glad to see some people were able to get all the points! Once the MM posts I am only about 750 short of at least one way flights for March, so hopefully I can find a way to do that soon.

It will not be the "exciting" BMO offer I got, spend $575 by June 17 on my BMO card for 50 big AM! Yeah no thanks lol. Sadly, I probably could do it but it's just not worth it.

Ok gang i figured i had nothing to lose by trying so i just hoped onto the online chat and POOF in less that 5 minutes i got the extra 100 miles. Here's the answer i got, so i say GO FOR IT!!
Just noticed your post too @AngelDisney , try this!

Ok gang i figured i had nothing to lose by trying so i just hoped onto the online chat and POOF in less that 5 minutes i got the extra 100 miles. Here's the answer i got, so i say GO FOR IT!!
View attachment 408700
Thanks Jacqueline! I just did Live Chat and got the 100 AM. Sara was so nice and offered to post the miles right after I reported the problem with no issue. Thanks again!

:disrocks:

View attachment 408700
That's good to know. The lady at my store took down all the information to have the Load'n Go miles added manually. I had her attempt to scan that one first, before the other 2.

I got a whopping 1 AM at Rexall yesterday :) But I got to stock up on my favourite protein powder on sale $8 cheaper than usual and paid only $15 out of pocket instead of $32.99 + tax after cash miles & the survey coupon so I call that a win.

If my BMO mastercard cash miles come through today I will probably go buy another one... it's a really good deal!

I have decided to actually switch to 100% cash miles because having extra money for groceries etc. is more handy for me right now than saving for some unknown vacation in the future. For now. :)

If you have access to Facebook I would try sending them a message they're pretty good at responding or even the online chat. I haven't decided if I'm going to press it or not, the extra 100 miles would be great but I already got the 200, might be wise for me to not push it ?
I'm going back and forth on whether I will get in touch with them. The question is do I really want to make them aware (if they aren't) ….the answer would be no. I might just let this one go and be more careful next time. It would have only taken me a minute to check in here and see what had been happening all day with the coupons.

I'm going back and forth on whether I will get in touch with them. The question is do I really want to make them aware (if they aren't) ….the answer would be no. I might just let this one go and be more careful next time. It would have only taken me a minute to check in here and see what had been happening all day with the coupons.
When I did the live chat, I didn’t mention about the 200 AM I already got. I just told the rep the LnG coupon didn’t scan. I don’t think they would be able to know last night as the transaction had not been posted yet.

Well, my online chat might have been successful but the miles never actually made it into the account. My justice based personality won't let me go after them even though I was told they would post and I kept a copy of the chat. I already got the 200 from the coupons and they still say they can't be combined so I call it a win.

I was at Metro this morning picking up A&W GC. There was a line forming behind me and the cashier wasn't certain if combining them in one transaction would give me the correct AM so I decided to do them individually and use "Tap" instead of the "chip and pin". It worked and correct AM on each receipt. I then picked up a few items I needed in the store. Came right home and was putting my groceries away when the phone rang. DH answered the phone first. It was BMO fraud division wanting to ask a few questions about recent purchases. Was I at Metro about 20 minutes ago... I have never tapped my card before but the boys tell me it is safe so I thought it would be quicker to do the GC this way. BMO picked up on the change and was calling to make sure the transactions were me and not that my card had been stolen.

Must say I was impressed. But now I'm concerned about what might have happened if I hadn't been home to pick up the phone. Oh well I'll focus on the positive and use my chip and pin when purchasing GC from now on. (I've never had an issue when I do them that way)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!