Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Hey Mel, we use the Aveeno baby eczema wash on him (he’s only 14 months), but what I found made the biggest difference was using the aveeno baby eczema balm. We’ve tried a bunch of different creams, and none were as good. I’m not sure if they make an adult version, but I highly recommend it! I’m not sure about the vitamin D, since we’ve been giving it to him since he was born. I really hope it helps you though!

Hi Hon
Thank-you
Hugs
Mel

A few things I noticed at Sobeys
not advertised
Kraft Peanut butter
on sale for $3.77 each Buy 2 get 15 airmiles
Ziploc freezer bags Buy 2/$6.00 get 10 airmiles--ooops I see this was listed in the flyer.
Extra Lean Ground Beef--had 1.00 coupons attached and on sale too.
I had planned on getting the *Greenfield Bacon* but it looked like more fat than meat,,so no buy for me.

I debated over getting the bacon as well but I had a hard time getting past the $8 price tag compared to $5 when other bacon goes on sale. I hit my $100 easily so I passed it by.

If anyone's interested there's also Buy 2 cocoa powders get 5 air miles, on sale for $4.99. Not many air miles but my husband need more cocoa powder to make some black forest cakes this weekend.

Same here! lol

Just a quick general AM question - can we use the app to scan our card for using AM cash rewards? I know in the past you needed the physical card, but I don't know if it's changed. It's a PITA to need to actual card, because the cards don't fit in my wallet and I need to remember to pull them out when I want to use cash miles.

Does the Sobey’s offer work on the Gift Cards where you load the value yourself ? Or do I have to make sure I buy the cards with the value printed on them ?

Just a quick general AM question - can we use the app to scan our card for using AM cash rewards? I know in the past you needed the physical card, but I don't know if it's changed. It's a PITA to need to actual card, because the cards don't fit in my wallet and I need to remember to pull them out when I want to use cash miles.

Not a terribly good answer... but this is directly from the app
Screenshot_20181207-103554_AIR MILES.jpg

Does the Sobey’s offer work on the Gift Cards where you load the value yourself ? Or do I have to make sure I buy the cards with the value printed on them ?

I bought a loadable gc yesterday for $150 and I received the 150 AM.

Does anyone know if I can get 3 x $50 GC or is it has to be a full value of $150?

I have a copy of the Sobey's flyer in front of me. It specifically says "Get 150 air miles bonus miles with a MINIMUM $150 gift card purchase must be made in a single transacation before taxes".

I took that to mean one $150 gift (or more). I wouldn't chance dividing it into three $50 gift cards. I don't believe it would work.

Yesterday I purchased five $150 gift cards at Foodland under my husband's AM card. I asked the Cashier to make each one a separate transacation for 5 transactions.

Then I did the same at Sobey's under my AM card. With my $109 grocery purchase, I also added $300 in Shell gift cards to my groceries and paid for them all with the Foodland gift cards.

Sorry another ticket question. I've verified with Disney that I can upgrade a CDN discount ticket to a regular Disney ticket during the holidays, but now I'm unsure if they will price bridge to the online price of a CDN discount ticket bought thru Disney. I'm sure AM didn't pay face value for those tickets, so I'm just trying to come up with a $ figure for upgrading to a regular Disney ticket. Anyone know?

BTW - I asked the personal shopper how much for a 7-day adult ticket over the holidays at Disney and they came back with 7150 AM. This works out to ~$752CDN, If I was to purchase the same ticket at Disney, it would be ~$664 CDN. Quite the difference in price!

Ooh been a long few days before checking in. Ugh I have been sick (and so has my whole house) so I missed out on using my $100/100 coupon. A few AM here and there from Shell, a handful of AM from groceries, this really hasn't been a massive earning period for me. None of the shopping promos for Christmas are of any use either. Ah well... I am in no hurry to use/earn AM so I just will wait for the next promo.

I have a copy of the Sobey's flyer in front of me. It specifically says "Get 150 air miles bonus miles with a MINIMUM $150 gift card purchase must be made in a single transacation before taxes".

I took that to mean one $150 gift (or more). I wouldn't chance dividing it into three $50 gift cards. I don't believe it would work.

Yesterday I purchased five $150 gift cards at Foodland under my husband's AM card. I asked the Cashier to make each one a separate transacation for 5 transactions.

Then I did the same at Sobey's under my AM card. With my $109 grocery purchase, I also added $300 in Shell gift cards to my groceries and paid for them all with the Foodland gift cards.
So you were able to use Gift cards to purchase more gift cards SHell? On the Sobey website states "Cards can be used for all in-store purchases except another Corporate Gift Card (grocery, fuel or liquor) or as prohibited by law" ??

I'm having sooo much fun in the city today and tons of airmiles luck! First up boring treatment at the hospital and then off to the races! Hit up a Metro to buy a giftcard for the Bay and they only had load able ones but the cashier assured me it would work and showed me her receipt from earlier. Then up the escalator to the Urban Fresh that I said to avoid to buy that giftcard and it was super easy, other than waiting in a huge line of people doing the same thing, poor kid had to keep trying to explain to ESL people that the coupon doesn't work, when it was my turn I told her I knew already it was a mistake and she said "the coupon is a lie" and at the same time we both said "the cake is a lie" have any gamers in your house and that will make sense ! Off I went to the Holiday Fair in Nathan Philip Square to find my prizes, passed a booth from the bay and got a giftcard for $20 off a $100 purchase, passed the milk booth and got my calendar, and then, in the distance I spied the Airmiles booth and skipped over. Got 2 pairs of socks cause I'm ONYX and they took my picture They then sent me to the BMO booth to learn about the new card they have. I'll check it out later and report but it sounds like they've upped the earning rate for the free card to 3 miles per 20?? Was confusing :scared: finally got to the bay and it was stupid busy in the one section due to the one day sale, if anyone wants the Mickey clothing it's all 30% off today only.
Here's me being dorky Screenshot_20181207-151950_Gallery.jpg

I'm having sooo much fun in the city today and tons of airmiles luck! First up boring treatment at the hospital and then off to the races! Hit up a Metro to buy a giftcard for the Bay and they only had load able ones but the cashier assured me it would work and showed me her receipt from earlier. Then up the escalator to the Urban Fresh that I said to avoid to buy that giftcard and it was super easy, other than waiting in a huge line of people doing the same thing, poor kid had to keep trying to explain to ESL people that the coupon doesn't work, when it was my turn I told her I knew already it was a mistake and she said "the coupon is a lie" and at the same time we both said "the cake is a lie" have any gamers in your house and that will make sense ! Off I went to the Holiday Fair in Nathan Philip Square to find my prizes, passed a booth from the bay and got a giftcard for $20 off a $100 purchase, passed the milk booth and got my calendar, and then, in the distance I spied the Airmiles booth and skipped over. Got 2 pairs of socks cause I'm ONYX and they took my picture They then sent me to the BMO booth to learn about the new card they have. I'll check it out later and report but it sounds like they've upped the earning rate for the free card to 3 miles per 20?? Was confusing :scared: finally got to the bay and it was stupid busy in the one section due to the one day sale, if anyone wants the Mickey clothing it's all 30% off today only.
Here's me being dorky View attachment 368841

Looking GOOD Hon!
Have Fun!
Hugs
Mel

Here's me being dorky View attachment 368841
Cute! I’m off on a winter bus trek to the Ottawa Sobeys Urban Fresh. :)

Off I went to the Holiday Fair in Nathan Philip Square to find my prizes, passed a booth from the bay and got a giftcard for $20 off a $100 purchase, passed the milk booth and got my calendar, and then, in the distance I spied the Airmiles booth and skipped over. Got 2 pairs of socks cause I'm ONYX and they took my picture
Oh I was there today as well. Oh darn I never went back to the Bay section to get the coupon but when I stopped at the AirMiles booth I must have been the lucky one because I got a $100 gift card from the Bay. They make it a big deal with photos and a video of you getting your gift card. When I chatted with another AirMiles person giving out socks later he said I must have been the last one because they only give out so many per day. Then I played a toss the ball game (which you pay for) and won a giant stuffed snowman. He is the cutest. Oh and I got 2 pairs of socks as well. I am sure that they would have given us more if we wanted them.
Here is my sister and I after my big win. Wasn't it just a lovely day today? Not too cold but sunny and bright. When we went to the Bay they were having a big sale on Lindt chocolate advent calendars - 75% off the fancy ones so they cost us only $5. That was our good deal of the day.

Attachments

• 20181207_122637 air miles photo.jpg
    20181207_122637 air miles photo.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 16
Oh I was there today as well. Oh darn I never went back to the Bay section to get the coupon but when I stopped at the AirMiles booth I must have been the lucky one because I got a $100 gift card from the Bay. They make it a big deal with photos and a video of you getting your gift card. When I chatted with another AirMiles person giving out socks later he said I must have been the last one because they only give out so many per day. Then I played a toss the ball game (which you pay for) and won a giant stuffed snowman. He is the cutest. Oh and I got 2 pairs of socks as well. I am sure that they would have given us more if we wanted them.
Here is my sister and I after my big win. Wasn't it just a lovely day today? Not too cold but sunny and bright. When we went to the Bay they were having a big sale on Lindt chocolate advent calendars - 75% off the fancy ones so they cost us only $5. That was our good deal of the day.
Aren't you the lucky one!!! I'm glad one of us got it! I bought 2 of the calendars btw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter