Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Will be trying to double dip on the Urban fresh and extra gc. Great timing as the others are all used up and need to buy lotto for the staff again.
Not sure if this will work or not ... BUT did you notice that if you buy Lotto gift cards at Sobeys you'll get bonus miles? Wonder if you can use the gift card from Urban Fresh to buy the others at Sobeys????

Yup some great deals. Just picked up the Ariana tickets for toronto. 1st concert for my will be 12yr old then. Cant get these tickets at face value anymore. They are online for over 300us per ticket. picked up for 3000 AM.
Should be a great xmas gift for her. She doesnt even know.

Such an amazing deal! She will have a blast! I actually can't wait until my DD10 starts really getting into music/concerts, etc...Gives me an excuse to partake :)

Just checking in and need help to figure this out:
If I buy two $75.00 gift cards at Sobeys Urban Fresh tomorrow I will get a total of 150 airmiles.

Question:
Can I still buy 5x $150.00 gift cards at Sobeys or will I only be able to get 3x $150.00 gift cards.=450 Airmiles

I don't need any more StB promos,,so maybe it is better to just do the Sobeys $150.00 gift cards?
5x $150.00=750 airmiles

**Fine print in flyer says 5 bonus offers per account**

Lack of sleep is affecting my thought process,,thanks for any help.
Hugs
Mel

Yup some great deals. Just picked up the Ariana tickets for toronto. 1st concert for my will be 12yr old then. Cant get these tickets at face value anymore. They are online for over 300us per ticket. picked up for 3000 AM.
Should be a great xmas gift for her. She doesnt even know.

You made me spend some AM!!!! Just bought tickets for the Montreal show April 1st for my 9yo! They were more expensive (5750AM instead of 3000AM) but I know she will be very happy to attend her first live show and it will be part of her gift from Santa.

Was going to get a 7-day ticket thru AM for 5400 AM, but the adult ones have disappeared. Currently on chat to see if they still have any. Just wondering if anyone's gotten the CDN discount ones and been to DW to see what they're actually worth $-wise? Just preparing in case I have to get those ones instead and then do an upgrade.

I should add, has anyone had any problem upgrading them at DW? We'd be wanting a ticket valid over Christmas, which the CDN ones are not.

Update - AM CS says they don't have them anymore, but that could just mean he checked on the website and saw they weren't there, which is what I did. Might try the Personal Shopper next.

Last edited:
Hopefully I have remembered this correctly. I don’t know who it was but someone here has booked a trip using a lot of travel vouchers...for a wedding I think...and that you were told you could get more vouchers to bring in later to be reimbursed. Anyway, I just got off the phone with my Marlin travel rep and she said that you can not bring in additional vouchers. She said you can only use what you have at the time of booking. It’s a once and done thing. She then went into the whole thing about Dec 31st...all correct info.

I do question that she told me we can’t combine evouchers and dream vouchers. I can’t remember the details on that ....can someone refresh my memory on that one. I’ve got the dream vouchers but my DD has enough cash miles for $400 in evouchers.

Hopefully I have remembered this correctly. I don’t know who it was but someone here has booked a trip using a lot of travel vouchers...for a wedding I think...and that you were told you could get more vouchers to bring in later to be reimbursed. Anyway, I just got off the phone with my Marlin travel rep and she said that you can not bring in additional vouchers. She said you can only use what you have at the time of booking. It’s a once and done thing. She then went into the whole thing about Dec 31st...all correct info.

I do question that she told me we can’t combine evouchers and dream vouchers. I can’t remember the details on that ....can someone refresh my memory on that one. I’ve got the dream vouchers but my DD has enough cash miles for $400 in evouchers.
That was me! I was told we can bring in as many as we have right up till the day we leave (which is moot now since our trip won't happen for at least a year :sad: ) The agent was VERY knowledgeable about the vouchers since she had used some herself and had just helped someone else book a trip. I'm pushing to get both accounts to the point where i can get 1 more from each before the end of the year but it's a tad iffy at this point.

You can NOT combine dream & cash vouchers, sorry.

Just checking in and need help to figure this out:
If I buy two $75.00 gift cards at Sobeys Urban Fresh tomorrow I will get a total of 150 airmiles.

Question:
Can I still buy 5x $150.00 gift cards at Sobeys or will I only be able to get 3x $150.00 gift cards.=450 Airmiles

I don't need any more StB promos,,so maybe it is better to just do the Sobeys $150.00 gift cards?
5x $150.00=750 airmiles

**Fine print in flyer says 5 bonus offers per account**

Lack of sleep is affecting my thought process,,thanks for any help.
Hugs
Mel

2 different partners, so you should be able to get the max from both. They dont combine,,,I think...lol,,also 2 different promos.

You made me spend some AM!!!! Just bought tickets for the Montreal show April 1st for my 9yo! They were more expensive (5750AM instead of 3000AM) but I know she will be very happy to attend her first live show and it will be part of her gift from Santa.

Even the TO show had some tickets that were more, but the seating was only a row or 2 different. So for her first one, she will be fine and wont know the difference.
Have a blast.
My wife said if she cant make it,,I have to go...Told her no way,,,not my thing/

I'm really happy that you had great luck but also super sad that you waited so long to chase them down! If you follow along with the promo threads that i maintain you'll see when the miles are posting for others and you can do a chat right away!!! I had the same issue with one of my cards, some miles posted too early and one posted the day after the promo and had no problem getting them posted.
These miles posted mid October BTW

Don't get too concerned over the miles from the online shopping posting because as you learned with the last promo, AM is TERRIBLE with this and as a general rule, they are fully aware so they will credit the miles with little hassle once the date passes OR in the case of a big promo, once others have received their miles. The deadline for online shopping is 60 days for base miles & 75 days for bonus.

**ETA Personally I'm more concerned over the fact that Amazon chose to use Canada Post and my order has bounced around the country and has LONG since missed my promised Prime delivery date. It's currently going back and forth between the sorting facility in my city and the post office I'm picking it up at -- 3 days now -- and the last time this happened it ended up getting returned without any attempt to actually deliver it :headache: I need this as my 7th coupon, needed the items last week AND i can't afford to put together another $100 online order

lol I hear you. I have a package that has been going back and forth between Ottawa and Hamilton (where I live lol) for the last month.

As for the waiting to track down the Airmiles, I did see your post but I kept putting it off because I was sure it was going to be a PITA lol.

New Rexall survey coupon -- while the link is always the same, be aware that you need to show the CURRENT one for it to work, somehow the system is able to figure out when you try to use it after the date on the coupon ... just saying, not like I'd know personally or anything :rolleyes1

$5.00 off when you spend $25.00 or more valid until Jan 8th
If a December date shows up, clear your history and refresh your browser and the Jan should pop up

That was me! I was told we can bring in as many as we have right up till the day we leave (which is moot now since our trip won't happen for at least a year :sad: ) The agent was VERY knowledgeable about the vouchers since she had used some herself and had just helped someone else book a trip. I'm pushing to get both accounts to the point where i can get 1 more from each before the end of the year but it's a tad iffy at this point.

You can NOT combine dream & cash vouchers, sorry.
Don't you hate it when you get conflicting info about something like this. I know that the rep I spoke with is super knowledgeable about this stuff because she schooled me on it two years ago. She's been with them for over 20 years. Maybe it comes down to the amount of work an individual agent is willing to do. It may also have something to do with me enquiring about booking for a Dec 24th departure. :confused3 Oh well....either way I bit the bullet and just ordered 7 more vouchers. So if we use them now or later I'll have a nice little $1000 discount. I thought that we could use evouchers from my DD's account ($400) plus mine...it made sense to me, it's two different AM accounts that the vouchers are coming from and would have been applied to each account holder. Bummer!

Now I just cross my fingers that prices don't jump up between now and the weekend AND double cross my toes that the vouchers get here Friday or Saturday. I would like to book on Saturday if possible.

since we’re talking travel...has anyone seen any more details about the new system for trip planning/redeeming? i’m hoping it doesn’t come with a decrease in air mile value (that 909 miles still = 100$).

i’m dreaming about cashing my miles in for a vacation, but i just can’t book right now, so i’m interested to see what comes next for trip booking.

since we’re talking travel...has anyone seen any more details about the new system for trip planning/redeeming? i’m hoping it doesn’t come with a decrease in air mile value (that 909 miles still = 100$).

i’m dreaming about cashing my miles in for a vacation, but i just can’t book right now, so i’m interested to see what comes next for trip booking.
With the way things seem to go with AM I would expect it to be worse not better. No idea in which way though...could be miles required or more restrictions. Just my opinion but if you have miles that you were planning to put towards a package vacay, get the vouchers now. The miles that you will no longer earn by booking with the participating agencies are pretty minimal anyhow. I'm looking at a $5000 package and the miles are only going to be around 170.

With the way things seem to go with AM I would expect it to be worse not better. No idea in which way though...could be miles required or more restrictions. Just my opinion but if you have miles that you were planning to put towards a package vacay, get the vouchers now. The miles that you will no longer earn by booking with the participating agencies are pretty minimal anyhow. I'm looking at a $5000 package and the miles are only going to be around 170.

hmm, that’s a good point. my thinking is that i would rather wait until i have the miles to pay off as much of a trip as possible. plus, i know what type of vacation i’m saving for (disney cruise) but no idea when we’ll actually take the trip, what destination, etc. if i redeem my miles for certificates, do i need to have a vacation planned/booked before the end of the year?

is anyone else holding on to a stack of miles even with the change coming? or redeeming with the plan of offsetting future travel costs?

Main reason we decided to cash in our miles for vouchers was because we are planning on going to a Sandals resort and it will be a VERY $$ venture. I had been holding out for the online system to launch because AM had been promising they would be using Transat (in fact it's still there in the FAQs) and I figured that would work out fine. I about lost my mind when i saw they have instead chosen to go with Redtag .. have you read their FAQs??? This did nothing to reassure me :

Customer Care – redtag.ca is ready to assist in planning your dream vacation every step of the way. We’ve combined great people with great technology to ensure each customer experience exceeds your expectation. Our agents are always just a phone call away and will be anxious to answer any questions or concerns you may have, before or after your redtag vacation.

Uhm, what exactly will happen if i run into trouble DURING my trip?!?!?!? I can't imagine trusting a bargain basement organization with a once-in-a-lifetime trip like we want to take. I WANT the hand-holding that will come from an agent for this trip. Not super happy that the resort we want to go to is booked in January but now i know we have $3,000 to apply to the trip next year.

@marchingstar they haven't even given a date for when you'll be able to book a cruise thru this system yet, it just says "in 2019" and remember the site still says in 2018 you'll be able to use Transat travel online ....

Regarding the value of the miles it will be the same as it is currently. From the website

Yes. With this new partnership, you can get and use Miles on Package Vacation bookings:
  • Get 1 Mile for every $20 spent on Package Vacations booked through redtag
  • For every 909 Dream Miles used, you will get $100 towards a Package Vacation booking through redtag
  • Flexibility to both get and use Miles: use Dream Miles for dollars off online bookings and get Miles on the total value of your booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter