Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Only earned 37 miles at Sobeys this weekend instead of the spend $150/95 offer. I did earn 40,000 in a Joe Fresh purchase (combined two offers!) and 10,000 today, so I feel okay about not going crazy for the miles this weekend :)

I decided to order from Hudson's Bay during their Bay Days recently. Let me tell you they only use Canada Post and the item ordered can come from anywhere in Canada. I'm in Ontario - the items I ordered came from a BC store, not their warehouse in Scarborough, ON. I kept getting email updates from Canada Post informing me of shipment delays due to the labour dispute. Just so happens the rotating strike hit BC right after I ordered. Took me over 2 weeks to get my order.

So if you need something urgently, don't order from HBC till the strike is over!!!
After this current current disaster i won't! Only did for 2 reasons: The stupid "pick up in store" option wasn't working, i kept getting the message "use a valid postal code" AND the order i received the week before had a note included that said if the postal strike moved forward they would use other methods!

I've had the types of orders come piecemeal from various parts of the country but this one was all shipped as one order, from Mississauga, within 12 hours of my ordering -- the Duck is NOT impressed! I really need those socks :P

Anyone remember that AM offer from Habitat for Humanity? I see that I received 15 AM's but I thought it was for 25. I could be wrong and really, its a charity so I don't want them wasting money on this sort of thing, but I was curious if anyone remembered what the offer was.

Anyone remember that AM offer from Habitat for Humanity? I see that I received 15 AM's but I thought it was for 25. I could be wrong and really, its a charity so I don't want them wasting money on this sort of thing, but I was curious if anyone remembered what the offer was.

According to my spreadsheet :) It was 25. I don't have any so perhaps you got a bonus for something else? Or I screwed it up and won't get any lol.

So did anybody else get 25 air miles from Sobey's yesterday (Nov 9)? I have no idea what it is from because I thought I got all my miles on Wednesday. It might have been for some special deal but I have no idea but 25 miles is 25 miles. I know it isn't from Habitat for Humanity because I didn't do that one and it says Sobeys bonus miles.

Earned 151 miles at Safeway this morning. Did the spend $100 get 100 AM and for the first time ever my loaded spend $100 get 30 AM stacked with the spend $100. In the past I’ve only received the 100 and the loaded offer never stacked on top.

Also, was browsing online for a new winter coat for DD15 for Christmas. Found one at JC Penney which has 30% off if you spend $100 today only. I’m going to hold off though and hope they have a similar deal once STB starts.

I am not sure if my shop at Sobeys is right,,
I spent 163.79
Got 100 airmiles for spending 100.00
base airmiles 8
extra bonus 15 ,Braided strudel 5, Glad sandwich bags x2 10 (I also saved 20% off on the bags which was in my Get Offers and did show up on the receipt).
so a total of 123 airmiles
BUT
I had a spend 120 get 30 which didn't turn up.
I know I loaded everything but when I got home I checked my Sobeys "Get My Offers" and everything was moved back to available?
I am going to call them tomorrow.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I had to call about this a few weeks ago also. They corrected the issue with my account and my loaded offers work now but when they pushed 8AM through for me because a loaded offer didn't work that one still hasn't shown up. If you have data on your phone and the app try loading your items right before you go through the cash and before you log out of the app.

Makes me not even want to bother using the loaded items when they don't work as they should. Very frustrating!

Yup, call them. They had this issue going on a couple of weeks ago. My are staying loaded now, but obviously it's not completely fixed.

I had to call about this a few weeks ago also. They corrected the issue with my account and my loaded offers work now but when they pushed 8AM through for me because a loaded offer didn't work that one still hasn't shown up. If you have data on your phone and the app try loading your items right before you go through the cash and before you log out of the app.

Makes me not even want to bother using the loaded items when they don't work as they should. Very frustrating!

Thanks guys
Last week I knew I was missing 15 airmiles so I made them credit me at the customer service desk but they did not show up when Sobeys posted this week. I showed them my phone.
Now this week I am missing 30 airmiles for yesterday's shop.
I will follow up tomorrow.
Good to know I am not the only one having problems with this,,,and yes I am not sure it's worth the bother either.

Hugs
Mel

I was just on the Airmiles website and was asked in a pop-up why I was visiting the site today. Then I noticed down at the bottom of the page on the right hand side was a feedback button. Have those been there for a while and I'm just now noticing or is this something new? That feedback button could be dangerous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter