Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not what happened for me last week in 2 different Rexall stores, I just wish they would all follow the same rules! I always have one item ready to toss into a transaction if I'm close and I ended up with 2 Easter eggs

I agree they should all be the same, I don't understand your stores, they should all be on a similar version of the same computer system. I have never had a problem although I probably use at most 6 different stores over a given year. I don't always use coupons, but when I have I have never had a problem.

Just back from Rexall. Thanks to @ottawamom 's post, I printed an extra paper coupon, 'just in case'. Good thing I did - I ended up putting through two orders as well, spending $103.36 excl. tax, and earned 404 air miles!

PS - Whenever we travel to the States, I pick up a bunch of bags of Combos. Our Rexall just got them in yesterday!!!!! I ended up buying one of each (cheese, pizzeria, pepperoni pizza and 7 layer dip) to get to my second $50 spend.

I have the 100 Airmiles offer on my App, but I do not have data on my phone. Can I just take a screen shot of the bar code?

It depends on your phone. On mine I have it set to take a screenshot if I double tap a particular icon. Go into your settings on your phone and see what you can find. (I had to have my DS show me how to do it the first few times.

The other way that works on my phone is to (while in a wifi area) log onto Airmiles and call up the barcode offer. Turn your wifi off. Don't close the window showing the barcode. Turn your phone off then back on. When you try to get onto Airmiles again the bar code might still be there for them to scan.(that one works on my phone anyway)

I have the 100 Airmiles offer on my App, but I do not have data on my phone. Can I just take a screen shot of the bar code?
I'm sorry i didn't see this sooner and respond, i hope you were able to figure it out!

Answer, YES! That's how i handle all of these coupons, i take screenshots and save them to my phone. I get flustered if i can't get the app to load or can't find the right webpage when i get to the counter, this way i just need to open my gallery and pull up the screen shots. Works like a charm! The cashier can also enter the PLU number if it doesn't scan BTW

I agree they should all be the same, I don't understand your stores, they should all be on a similar version of the same computer system. I have never had a problem although I probably use at most 6 different stores over a given year. I don't always use coupons, but when I have I have never had a problem.
Tell me about it! The stores i went to last week were in Toronto and both cashiers i dealt with told me the coupon would take me below the threshold, i didn't want to rock the boat and just told myself those treats were free :rolleyes1

One thing that i wish our Metro could learn from Rexall is how to show me my pre-tax total before i finish my transaction .. we've missed a threshold spend or 2 there because of this annoying little thing!

Tell me about it! The stores i went to last week were in Toronto and both cashiers i dealt with told me the coupon would take me below the threshold, i didn't want to rock the boat and just told myself those treats were free :rolleyes1

One thing that i wish our Metro could learn from Rexall is how to show me my pre-tax total before i finish my transaction .. we've missed a threshold spend or 2 there because of this annoying little thing!

Oh I'm sure you would have been fine, the cashiers just don't know any better and are trying to be helpful. I usually just tell them it will work and if it doesn't I'll go without the airmiles. They always check the receipt when I say that lol.

Busy day with airmiles today:

Shell (last fillup for personal offer) : 116 airmiles
Foodland (3 giftcards) : 450 airmiles
Rexall ($91 plus taxes, 2 shops) : 414 airmiles

I've just cashed in tonight for 2 Disney 7-Day Flex tickets, will be taking them to guest services next weekend to upgrade ... hopefully.
That's an AMAZING day! You could even go to the brand new ticket service centre-thingee in Disney Springs that just opened this week

Ticket Center in Disney Springs

Just back from Rexall. Thanks to @ottawamom 's post, I printed an extra paper coupon, 'just in case'. Good thing I did - I ended up putting through two orders as well, spending $103.36 excl. tax, and earned 404 air miles!

PS - Whenever we travel to the States, I pick up a bunch of bags of Combos. Our Rexall just got them in yesterday!!!!! I ended up buying one of each (cheese, pizzeria, pepperoni pizza and 7 layer dip) to get to my second $50 spend.

OMG the Pizza ones remind me of an old PC product that was Pizza flavoured pretzel nuggets. Around 2008 maybe. My go-to snack but they were discontinued at some point.

Ugh Ugh Ugh, Rexall rant!!! :headache:

I went to my local Rexall yesterday to take advantage of the double S$50, G100 coupons. I had to pick up 2 $50 gift cards for staff members but my total was over $160 so definitely more than the $50 spend pre-tax.

The cashier was pretty scattered, he was trying to get done so he could go on a smoke break with a friend (hs friend was in front of me in line and they were chatting). He scanned both codes but when I went to pay he hit "cash" instead of "credit".

This started a whole mess of different staff trying to figure out what they could do to fix it. After trying to void the transaction (would not work because of the gift cards!), trying to return the transaction (again, would not work because of the GC), trying to ring everything through as a new transaction (guess what? Yeah, those gift cards!) they finally decided to ring everything else through as normal then adding on $100 "sundry" to get to the right amount. Well...that also did not work because their "sundry" category has GST/PST so the amount was off. Finally, they decided to add in an amount under "sundry" that was $100 minus the taxes (anyone who works in finance knows this is not going to be right but whatever...).

Then it came to the AM coupons. One of the 4 staff members there said that she would not scan the AM coupons again since they were already scanned in my original transaction and that it would definitely work. Fine, whatever, I was going to be late picking up my son after school so I took my new receipt (which showed the 7 base AM) and a copy of the messed up receipt that shows no AM at all and got the cashier to write a note on it about the 200 bonus miles.

Woke up this morning and checked my AM account...7 base miles and that is it! :mad:

So, now I have to go back there today and get them to manually add them. The worst part of all of this is that the git cards are for two staff members' birthdays and I am worried that when Rexall voided or reversed or refunded the original transaction they might have voided the cards. The Rexall crew said that would not happen but they also said that the bonus miles would show up so who knows...

What a giant PITA, I was really hoping to get those AM into my account today so I can book a car rental for our 2 week Ottawa trip!

Can I buy Rexall Gift cards and them count towards a spend to get airmiles?
I don't think I can...........................
Hugs
Mel

Ugh Ugh Ugh, Rexall rant!!! :headache:

I went to my local Rexall yesterday to take advantage of the double S$50, G100 coupons. I had to pick up 2 $50 gift cards for staff members but my total was over $160 so definitely more than the $50 spend pre-tax.

The cashier was pretty scattered, he was trying to get done so he could go on a smoke break with a friend (hs friend was in front of me in line and they were chatting). He scanned both codes but when I went to pay he hit "cash" instead of "credit".

This started a whole mess of different staff trying to figure out what they could do to fix it. After trying to void the transaction (would not work because of the gift cards!), trying to return the transaction (again, would not work because of the GC), trying to ring everything through as a new transaction (guess what? Yeah, those gift cards!) they finally decided to ring everything else through as normal then adding on $100 "sundry" to get to the right amount. Well...that also did not work because their "sundry" category has GST/PST so the amount was off. Finally, they decided to add in an amount under "sundry" that was $100 minus the taxes (anyone who works in finance knows this is not going to be right but whatever...).

Then it came to the AM coupons. One of the 4 staff members there said that she would not scan the AM coupons again since they were already scanned in my original transaction and that it would definitely work. Fine, whatever, I was going to be late picking up my son after school so I took my new receipt (which showed the 7 base AM) and a copy of the messed up receipt that shows no AM at all and got the cashier to write a note on it about the 200 bonus miles.

Woke up this morning and checked my AM account...7 base miles and that is it! :mad:

So, now I have to go back there today and get them to manually add them. The worst part of all of this is that the git cards are for two staff members' birthdays and I am worried that when Rexall voided or reversed or refunded the original transaction they might have voided the cards. The Rexall crew said that would not happen but they also said that the bonus miles would show up so who knows...

What a giant PITA, I was really hoping to get those AM into my account today so I can book a car rental for our 2 week Ottawa trip!

Hi Hon
This is one of those situations where I'd head back to the store and see a manager to manually add the airmiles to your account.

Hugs
Mel

Can I buy Rexall Gift cards and them count towards a spend to get airmiles?
I don't think I can...........................
Hugs
Mel
Nope, unless it is a specific flyer offer, like next week for the 4 i mentioned above, you don't earn miles for gift cards. ALSO, even when mentioned in a flyer they will not count towards a threshold spend

I picked up a couple of these for my youngest son and daughter in law.
250 reward miles
A Black Glass Dinner in the Cellar at Trius Winery - Friday, May 31, 2019 (exclusive to Onyx® Collectors)
Imagine a private dinner for AIR MILES Onyx!

It's just another benefit of being one of our best Collectors!

Amplify your senses at this interactive dining experience!

Start off the evening with your dining companions (and soon-to-be adversaries) in our winery boutique with a guided tasting led by one of our resident wine experts. Let us take you through the paces of our wine portfolio that will prepare you for the competition with some tasting tips and tricks. Next, settle in for a 3 course seasonally inspired menu from Chef Frank Dodd, complete with secret wine pairings disguised in opaque black stemware. With the assistance of the Trius team, use your newly acquired skills to guess the wine paired with each course. Red or White? Chardonnay or Riesling? Merlot or Cabernet Franc? Put your nose and palate to the test!

It's a can't-miss AIR MILES Exclusive Experience just for OYNX collectors.

Maximum of 2 tickets per ONYX ® collector.
Address: 1249 Niagara Stone Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter