Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I did a ton of shopping then and one account got a total of 48 miles and the other 18. PLUS this is what i won the $100 gift card for ETSY was from ... but that still hasn't shown up. I have 60 days before i can track that down, any idea why i need to wait that long when it's an E-CARD!?!?!

Hmm - they probably have to go through legal hoops to even send a digital prize like that.

When I won 10,000 AM around Easter from the Reebee contest it did take 4 weeks for the AM to post. And the AM were from AirMiles! Just red tape I think.

I'm so frustrated with myself. I obviously wasn't thinking when I did this. So I used about 2600 AM in November for a few things for Christmas. I'm 2500 short for the 3 flights I need to get for the summer for me and my 2 kids to go to my cousin's wedding. And now, the flights I needed for 5000 each are all gone except a few flying into Fredericton. I'm seriously really mad at myself for using AM when I KNEW I needed them :(.

Gahh I'm frustrated and stressed right now.

Last December our furnance died and we used our backyard landscaping/fence money to replace it. No fence last summer. Then we took what we had been saving up again for a fence and used it to replace the A/C late August.

Now we cannot use the stove because of the fuse panel. Hopefully the Electrician can come tomorrow but probably not until Wednesday. It sounds like he would rather put the stove on a new circuit to make it safe for us to use the oven for the winter and replace the fuse panel with a breaker panel in the spring. Part of me kind of worries about that but he is the licensed Electrician and would know if that can be safely done. Plus gives us time to find out the replacement cost and save up the money. We're suppose to be cooking Christmas diner at our house this year (7 or 8 people) and then hosting dinner again on the 28th for 12 or 13 people. I need a working oven.

This fall I stopped walking because of my damn foot and other issues and regained the 22 lbs I had lost. After TWO years my period came roaring in again this past week. That's not normal, right? Maybe stress? Hell, maybe it's cancer. I phoned to make an appointment with the doctor. I just found out last week my Dad has skin cancer on his neck. He goes for surgery next week. My grandfather's cancer is back. I also just found out my Uncle has cancer. My Mom and Grandmother died from cancer.

We pretty much have our August 2019 Universal (1 day AK) trip all paid for. Flight credit with WestJet. Tickets and Blue Man Group tickets through Air Miles. $2,800 US saved up. The kids will be 20 and 15 next year. I should consider us lucky. We made it to Disney once 8 years ago when the kids were 11 and 6. Then won a trip to Moncton, NB a few years ago. Then went on a cruise April past. Three family vacations when my parents never had one when I was a kid. I don't really want to cancel though. This is probably our last chance for a family vacation before the kids are living on their own.

But last night I lay in bed thinking instead of going to Universal in August maybe we should take the $2,800 US we have and convert it back into CAN. That should give us about $3,600 CAN. We can use it to pay for the breaker panel instead of putting off the fence again. If WestJet flies to Italy I can book a ticket for Dad if he really wants to visit in 2019. He's the only family member that has never gone back home even once. If not, I can book tickets for friends to visit their family in Alberta. They'd be over the moon if I did that. I have enough AM right now to order a new computer for myself and my husband's Air Miles are close to get a laptop for him.

Argh.. I'm going to vacumn/wash the floors, drink hot chocolate and veg out playing Minecraft right now! Not necessary in that order. :)

Sorry for the pity party. I really needed to vent!

I'm so frustrated with myself. I obviously wasn't thinking when I did this. So I used about 2600 AM in November for a few things for Christmas. I'm 2500 short for the 3 flights I need to get for the summer for me and my 2 kids to go to my cousin's wedding. And now, the flights I needed for 5000 each are all gone except a few flying into Fredericton. I'm seriously really mad at myself for using AM when I KNEW I needed them :(.

I feel your pain! I have a little stash of miles and I am trying to decide what is the best use of them.

Can you just get the two seats and purchase the other one? Or maybe keep watching the flights, they may fluctuate in AM/price

Oh no! Would it cost too much to purchase 2,500 worth of miles from Air Miles?

That's a good idea Alohamom. Buying 2 seats and paying cash for the other.

Last December our furnance died and we used our backyard landscaping/fence money to replace it. No fence last summer. Then we took what we had been saving up again for a fence and used it to replace the A/C late August.

Now we cannot use the stove because of the fuse panel. Hopefully the Electrician can come tomorrow but probably not until Wednesday. It sounds like he would rather put the stove on a new circuit to make it safe for us to use the oven for the winter and replace the fuse panel with a breaker panel in the spring. Part of me kind of worries about that but he is the licensed Electrician and would know if that can be safely done. Plus gives us time to find out the replacement cost and save up the money. We're suppose to be cooking Christmas diner at our house this year (7 or 8 people) and then hosting dinner again on the 28th for 12 or 13 people. I need a working oven.

This fall I stopped walking because of my damn foot and other issues and regained the 22 lbs I had lost. After TWO years my period came roaring in again this past week. That's not normal, right? Maybe stress? Hell, maybe it's cancer. I phoned to make an appointment with the doctor. I just found out last week my Dad has skin cancer on his throat. He goes for surgery next week. My grandfather's cancer is back. I also just found out my Uncle has cancer. My Mom and Grandmother died from cancer.

We pretty much have our August 2019 Universal (1 day AK) trip all paid for. Flight credit with WestJet. Tickets and Blue Man Group tickets through Air Miles. $2,800 US saved up. The kids will be 20 and 15 next year. I should consider us lucky. We made it to Disney once 8 years ago when the kids were 11 and 6. Then won a trip to Moncton, NB a few years ago. Then went on a cruise April past. Three family vacations when my parents never had one when I was a kid. I don't really want to cancel though. This is probably our last chance for a family vacation before the kids are living on their own.

But last night I lay in bed thinking instead of going to Universal in August maybe we should take the $2,800 US we have and convert it back into CAN. That should give us about $3,600 CAN. We can use it to pay for the breaker panel instead of putting off the fence again. If WestJet flies to Italy I can book a ticket for Dad if he really wants to visit in 2019. He's the only family member that has never gone back home even once. If not, I can book tickets for friends to visit their family in Alberta. They'd be over the moon if I did that. I have enough AM right now to order a new computer for myself and my husband's Air Miles are close to get a laptop for him.

Argh.. I'm going to vacumn/wash the floors, drink hot chocolate and veg out playing Minecraft right now! Not necessary in that order. :)

I feel your pain too!

Venting is always welcome here and you certainly do need to!

I think it is amazing that you are saving to pay for all this stuff and not just putting yourselves into major debt like a lot of people do these days.

Hello!

Sorry to hijack your thread!

Quick question regarding Disneyland tickets - I have enough airmiles for 2 x 5 day park tickets. Can I upgrade these to annual passes when i get there? And if so how much do they credit me for?!

Thanks!
Sarah :)

Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that after waiting for some air miles to post, I was able to order my last travel voucher for our Greece trip in May 2019. With great thanks and appreciation to the people on this board, I've been able to order $3,000.00 worth of travel vouchers since February 2018!! Once this last voucher comes in (hopefully early next week), we're going to go into Marlin Travel and pay off our vacation. We technically have until March 1 to pay for it, but I want the air miles for purchasing the trip through Marlin, and as of Dec. 31/18 they will no longer be air miles partners.

Again - thank you all so much!!!!!!!!! :disrocks:

I feel your pain! I have a little stash of miles and I am trying to decide what is the best use of them.

Can you just get the two seats and purchase the other one? Or maybe keep watching the flights, they may fluctuate in AM/price

It's $1100 for a cash fare, way out of my budget!

Had to replace our washer/dryer... thankfully we were gifted a HE set from family members moving, but all the wiring and parts and little et cetera... yeah I'm wondering how many times my DH had to go to RONA, LOL Those will be surprise AM whenever they show up!

This fall I stopped walking because of my damn foot and other issues and regained the 22 lbs I had lost. After TWO years my period came roaring in again this past week. That's not normal, right? Maybe stress? Hell, maybe it's cancer. I phoned to make an appointment with the doctor. I just found out last week my Dad has skin cancer on his neck. He goes for surgery next week. My grandfather's cancer is back. I also just found out my Uncle has cancer. My Mom and Grandmother died from cancer.

Hugs to you!
Mel

Last edited:
So I have a dreams redemption question. Do you figure out the points the same way as cash miles - so if an item is 796 miles then it would be around 80 dollars? Checked out an item in the dream book and when I check at other places it is anywhere from 40 (on sale) to 65 regular price so can't see the point unless my calculations are wrong. I have just used cash miles for groceries and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter