Airmiles Armchair Chatter

O/T Off Topic
Well not really because I'll probably figure out a way to get airmiles....
I absolutely hate family secret santa......I feel like my ideas are epic failures..........
I am asking your opinion,,,
L.C.B.O. gift card
OR
5 car wash Gift Card taped to a giant sponge.

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
I would really appreciate the car washes. It’s something I hate having to pay for yet I like my car to be clean.

I don't suppose any Electricians/Electrical companies give out air miles eh? :scratchin Probably not. We have a large electrical bill our way next week or so. In the meantime, we cannot use our oven or stovetop! :(

Yesterday we discovered each time we turn on the oven the fuse box goes a little haywire... As in a brief buzzing/sizzling noise accompanied by a sparkling/flashing light show. :scared:

So now we are waiting for an Electrician and most likely need to convert to a breaker system sooner than we expected.

At least we have an electric rotassiarie, crockpot and BBQ. Tonight hubby's cooking tonight's dinner on the BBQ while putting a chicken on the rotassiarie for a cold chicken meal of some kind tomorrow. I need to figure out a crockpot recipe for Tuesday. I think we're eating dinner at my Dad's on Wednesday. Too bad I can't use the stove top. It's suppose to be on a separate circuit than the oven, but unless we test it out (which I really don't want to do) we have no way of knowing with an Electrician over to check it out.

This is where maybe hubby should have become an Electrician instead of a Electronic Technician. LOL

Can any one lend you a hot plate? Or maybe you can buy one? I know you are probably not wanted to spend the $$$ but CanTire has a single burner one for $14.99 on sale

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...DGf0QFzgBoCEasQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=159

upload_2018-12-9_12-14-52.png
at least this way you can make pasta or anything that requires a stove top

I would really appreciate the car washes. It’s something I hate having to pay for yet I like my car to be clean.

Hi Hon
Thanks for the recommendation,,I decided to go with the car wash Gift Card ,,I packed it into a Christmas bag with a small ice scraper/brush, a big jug of ice melts, hand warmers,and some Starbucks hot chocolate.(Everything bought with my Sobeys gift card except the hand warmers).*Milton Sobeys is VERY nice!
Hopefully someone wants it ,,if not it's something I'll use.
Hugs
Mel

Ah Hon so sorry to hear of your electrical problems. I changed over my fuse electrical panel in my old condo to breakers a few years ago due to the same problem and I can tell you I slept much better at night after doing this.(The arching and sparking scared me to death).
I don't know of anyone that gives airmiles but what I did when I did my recent reno was pay the company via my WestJet Mastercard which boosted my WestJet dollars nicely.
Just wondering if you paid the Electrician via a BMO mastercard would you get Airmiles?
Hugs to you
Mel

Thanks Mel. That's a good idea. That would help with our upcoming flight yet-to-be-booked.

Can any one lend you a hot plate? Or maybe you can buy one? I know you are probably not wanted to spend the $$$ but CanTire has a single burner one for $14.99 on sale

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...DGf0QFzgBoCEasQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#store=159

View attachment 369058
at least this way you can make pasta or anything that requires a stove top

Ohh that's great! I never thought of hot plates. Thank you! Being able to boil some water or fry up meat will make a huge difference this coming week.

Hi Hon
Thanks for the recommendation,,I decided to go with the car wash Gift Card ,,I packed it into a Christmas bag with a small ice scraper/brush, a big jug of ice melts, hand warmers,and some Starbucks hot chocolate.(Everything bought with my Sobeys gift card except the hand warmers).*Milton Sobeys is VERY nice!
Hopefully someone wants it ,,if not it's something I'll use.
Hugs
Mel

That's a great idea Mel! I would love a gift like that. Whoever receives it will appreciate it. And thank you for the link. I didn't know Shell had car wash gift card options and an app. I'm going to look into this futher.

Had a good Airmiles day at Safeway. First I bought 4 x $150 gift cards for 600 AM. Then spent $134 in groceries using one of the gift cards just purchased and got 138 AM plus should get the bonus 75 AM later for the Share the Holiday Promo. And that completed my 7th STB offer.

Just a heads up for anyone who may be going by Foodland to complete a STB offer. I needed napkins and knew they had the White Swan on sale for $2 . I was pleasantly surprised to find they also had a “Buy 1 get 15 Airmiles “ tag as well. So I ended up stocking up and basically getting them for 50 cents per package once you factor in the miles .

Last edited:
Just a heads up for anyone who may be going by Foodland to complete a STB offer. I needed napkins and knew they had the White Swan on sale for $2 . I was pleasantly surprised to find they also had a “Buy 1 get 15 Airmiles “ tag as well. So I ended up stocking up and basically getting them for 50 cents per package once you factor in the miles .

Ohhh Thank You!

I'm still waffling on taking a Christmas vacation...feeling guilty that our oldest DD can't come which means she's home alone....she swears that it's ok as she has work and friends that have invited her over. Anyway, the travel vouchers I ordered just in case have arrived. I ordered them Wednesday night around 9pm and FedEx just delivered them about 15 minutes ago.

Has anyone been to Memories Flamenco in Cayo Coco?

https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/seasonal/dec-flash-offer-2018

Just got an email for flash sale - 10x air miles today only. Fine print says can be combined with other air miles offers. Happy shopping!
Thanks for the info Silvermist999!

I have a question for some of the more savvy AM collectors on this board. Given the above promotion, I wanted to know if I am calculating the stackable offers correctly. I was looking to purchase something at the Dyson store through airmilesshops for around $400. If the offer is 1 AM for every $20 and there is a 5x AM offer currently plus the 10x offer for today, what would the total AM be for that purchase? I was thinking it would be 1000 AM but that seems like a lot and I’m not sure if I used the correct calculation method :).

Thanks for the info Silvermist999!

I have a question for some of the more savvy AM collectors on this board. Given the above promotion, I wanted to know if I am calculating the stackable offers correctly. I was looking to purchase something at the Dyson store through airmilesshops for around $400. If the offer is 1 AM for every $20 and there is a 5x AM offer currently plus the 10x offer for today, what would the total AM be for that purchase? I was thinking it would be 1000 AM but that seems like a lot and I’m not sure if I used the correct calculation method :).

Base: 20 AM
5X: 80 bonus AM (total with base:100 AM)
10X: 180 bonus AM (total with base:200)

Total: 280 AM

Oh looks like some AM Shops finally posted for me. 5AM and 4AM. The 4AM is tagged as Take Off Shopping contest??

Who knows even!

The Take off Shopping was that contest where you had to click a bag and you either got an AMS multiplier or you could win miles. I got my 2 bonus AM today!

Oh looks like some AM Shops finally posted for me. 5AM and 4AM. The 4AM is tagged as Take Off Shopping contest??

Who knows even!
I got 5 bonus miles and 15 take off shopping miles. I had to go back and check when it was from and it was from the middle of October. I guess any of our air miles shops miles from shop the block won't post for quite a while as well.

Who knows even!

The Take off Shopping was that contest where you had to click a bag and you either got an AMS multiplier or you could win miles. I got my 2 bonus AM today!

I got 5 bonus miles and 15 take off shopping miles. I had to go back and check when it was from and it was from the middle of October. I guess any of our air miles shops miles from shop the block won't post for quite a while as well.

I did a ton of shopping then and one account got a total of 48 miles and the other 18. PLUS this is what i won the $100 gift card for ETSY was from ... but that still hasn't shown up. I have 60 days before i can track that down, any idea why i need to wait that long when it's an E-CARD!?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!