Airmiles Armchair Chatter

As to the Samsung offer, does anyone know how long the offer ran for? I just went into my Samsung account and my airmiles number was not listed so I just put it in again. Wondering if I have now missed the end by date.

As to the Samsung offer, does anyone know how long the offer ran for? I just went into my Samsung account and my airmiles number was not listed so I just put it in again. Wondering if I have now missed the end by date.
No, you haven't missed the end date -- it runs until December 31st. You need to make sure you "lock" your AM number into your Samsung account by clicking the little tiny lock beside the field you enter you AM number into.
go from this little guy
upload_2018-8-13_11-49-27.png
and make it look like this by simply clicking on it (took me a couple of days to figure that out :P )

upload_2018-8-13_11-50-53.png

I just tried the Miss Fresh. So... while Groupon has a deal right now, and Groupon is a store on AirmilesShops.ca... When you enter the code you get on the groupon to cover the payment of your first Miss Fresh... it works. Then... you click the spot to get your bonus 500 Air Miles... and they conveniently tell you that earning your bonus miles means that over-rides the coupon code you just applied. You do still get a deal (my $66 order was reduced by $40 to $26) but I had just paid $29 on Groupon so that this order would be "free" through the Miss Fresh website. So... beware - you too could lose out on your $29 spent at Groupon (as the terms state you also need to be a "new customer" to redeem the groupon).
Still going to try it because $26 for 500 bonus miles on trying something that intrigued me anyway is a good buy.

I just tried the Miss Fresh. So... while Groupon has a deal right now, and Groupon is a store on AirmilesShops.ca... When you enter the code you get on the groupon to cover the payment of your first Miss Fresh... it works. Then... you click the spot to get your bonus 500 Air Miles... and they conveniently tell you that earning your bonus miles means that over-rides the coupon code you just applied. You do still get a deal (my $66 order was reduced by $40 to $26) but I had just paid $29 on Groupon so that this order would be "free" through the Miss Fresh website. So... beware - you too could lose out on your $29 spent at Groupon (as the terms state you also need to be a "new customer" to redeem the groupon).
Still going to try it because $26 for 500 bonus miles on trying something that intrigued me anyway is a good buy.

That's too bad you couldn't use the Groupon. How did you get the $40 off?

Triple dipping all the way to Rexall today!

It worked for me 203 airmiles.

Hugs Mel

Head to toe Beauty event
I don"t do make-up
so here is what I got
facial wipes
cornstarch baby powder
Colgate mouthwash
Hand cream
Neutrogena facial wash
Colgate toothpaste
Epsom salts
Yep....worked for me too. Spent $67 and earned 203 miles. I was going to just pass on it as the only thing that I actually needed was a bottle of sunscreen but my DD wanted some arnica cream so off we went. It took a little digging to come up with the $40 on beauty products but we found some good stuff in the clearance that we both use daily. Didn’t need them now but will get used in time.

I walked into my favourite Rexall (after working up the courage to drive the new car -- hubby's out west so i have it here, might as well use it!) and there were 2 customers arguing with 2 cashiers over the AM promo and i was concerned i had wasted my nerves. Took a deep breath and wander around clutching numerous coupons for products, new phone with multiple apps open and a flyer spread wide. Eventually finished up putting together 2 sales -- easy to do since i needed a new mouth guard and that alone is $41 -- and the cashier who knows the programme (and me) the best waved me over to her till with a stage whisper "hope you're not in a hurry our system isn't working properly today"

SO -- 2 transactions (eventually) went thru
1st one -pre:tax cost of $55.91 and used the following offers:

• email coupon for spend $50 get 80 AM
  • Flyer Head-to-Toe offer for 60 AM
  • Bunch of LnG offers for 17 AM
  • Survey coupon to take off $5.00
2nd one - pre:tax cost of $61 and used the following offers:
  • email coupon for spend $50 get 80 AM
  • Flyer Head - to Toe offer for 60 AM
  • LnG threshold spend $60 get 60 AM
Total pretax cost (after the $5 coupon came off) $112.85 and snagged a total of 374 AM, not 1/2 bad :cheer2:

No, you haven't missed the end date -- it runs until December 31st. You need to make sure you "lock" your AM number into your Samsung account by clicking the little tiny lock beside the field you enter you AM number into.
go from this little guy
View attachment 343439
and make it look like this by simply clicking on it (took me a couple of days to figure that out :P )

View attachment 343440
Thank you! I didn't lock my account, didn't know this even existed. Hopefully I now have it all done.

OKay, before I try to sign up for this Samsung Pay, can someone tell me what it is? All I know is that my son has a Samsung phone - is that a prerequisite? When you sign up for this, what does it subscribe you to? I'm lost on this. Even if I never use it, I wouldn't mind the 50 AM as long as it doesn't sign me up for something I really don't want.

OKay, before I try to sign up for this Samsung Pay, can someone tell me what it is? All I know is that my son has a Samsung phone - is that a prerequisite? When you sign up for this, what does it subscribe you to? I'm lost on this. Even if I never use it, I wouldn't mind the 50 AM as long as it doesn't sign me up for something I really don't want.
All you're doing is actually creating an account with Samsung .. period. You don't need any Samsung product, ever. IF you have one of the phones that supports the Samsung Pay APP you can then download it and then *attempt* to use that as a way to show your AM card to get an extra 5 AM up to 25/week. I can't get the app to load on my supported phone and those who are able have been reporting very little luck with getting stores to actually scanning it.

Just go to this site and read up on the deets

Samsung Pay

and here's the actual answer from the above link explaining that it really has zilch to do with the actual APP -- the whole name of this promo is mildly confusing :P

If I already loaded my AIR MILES Card in Samsung Pay before July 30, 2018 will I still get the 50 Miles?
You do not get the 50 Reward Miles for adding your AIR MILES Card in Samsung Pay, you get the Miles for linking your Collector Number to your Samsung Account. To get your Miles, link your AIR MILES Collector Number to your Samsung Account

That's too bad you couldn't use the Groupon. How did you get the $40 off?

So the good news is, that Groupon terms say complete refunds are available within 3 days of ordering this deal. So I just live chatted and got my refund.

The $40 off happened after I added my Air Miles number. First, I clicked the area where I was going to put in my AM number, and that did a pop-up asking if I wanted to use this code, (which said it would void other codes, which I didn't know what that meant exactly as to me, entering my AM number wasn't a code, so I clicked yes) then quickly understood it meant it removed my Groupon coupon code, and returned my order from $0 to $66. Then I typed in my AM number, and it added a $40 discount code. I only hope it also provides the 500 AM too!

Booked a Hotel room through the airmiles HUB for one night.
I will get 130 airmiles for booking and an extra 100 for it being the first time I've booked through them.
I was aiming for higher airmiles hotel but the sons wanted the Hotel that gives them warm chocolate chip cookies and has a Spa and an outdoor hot tub,.
What's a mom to do. lol
Thanks for the Link Jacqueline.
Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter