Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Still no Load and Go from Rexall for me. Boy! am I being punished. I've tried all the tricks mentioned to get them to give me the L&G back but no luck. Fortunately I have DH account to use but I'd rather have them in mine.

Can you guess my favourite kind of airmiles?!?

FREE ones!!

At work we have a chemical/lab products suppliers that gives AM (Cedarlane). Since my boss doesn't have a AM card, he told me to use mine and usually what we buy is always a few hundred dollars if not in the thousands! At 1AM/20$ it can go up quickly! Unfortunately, they are sometimes more expensive than other distributors so I only order from them when it's the only or best price. Also, last night DH ordered for more than 900$ of Dymo printer on Amazon for work and he used my AM account at airmilesshops but his work Amex card! Woohoo!

The multipliers... I shopped at Indigo yesterday and Rona today. Indigo had 3x multiplier and Rona 2x.

So for Indigo I get 1 base mile and 3 bonus? Rona is 3 base miles ($74.99 for that ceiling fan) and 6 bonus? Is that correct?

The multipliers... I shopped at Indigo yesterday and Rona today. Indigo had 3x multiplier and Rona 2x.

So for Indigo I get 1 base mile and 3 bonus? Rona is 3 base miles ($74.99 for that ceiling fan) and 6 bonus? Is that correct?

For a 3X multiplier, you get a total of 3 AM per 20$ (1 base AM + 2 bonus AM) and for 2X you get 1 base + 1 bonus AM. For your Rona order you would get 3 base AM + 3 bonus AM for a total of 6 AM.

Does anyone know the following?

How long does it take to receive a ticket from Air Miles after ordering it?

I am pretty sure that I read awhile back that we can upgrade our air miles ticket to hopper...??

Is this done online after I attach my ticket to the reservation?

Also what would be the cost? Would it be $75 american the current difference?

Thanks!!

I'm afraid I could not locate that. The google images look gorgeous but Indigo/Chapters does not sell it. In fact, they do not have very many 2019 calendars at all yet. I wish they did. That would be an easy solution.

However, thank you! When I googled the TK calendar Indigo popped up with "Disney Dream Collections Thomas Kinkade Studios Coloring Book" for $11.38. It looks beautiful. My daughter loves coloring but if she does not want this, I have two 9 going on 10 year old nieces. I'm sure I can gift it to one of them this Christmas.

Happily off to place my Indigo shop order #2!

Done! $20.88 pre-tax. Thanks again osully!
Lovely! Sorry, I actually made a mistake. I ordered mine on Amazon for $18.99. I love the Thomas Kinkade Studio calendars!

I am pretty sure that I read awhile back that we can upgrade our air miles ticket to hopper...??

Thanks!!
About a week after you order but don’t rely on what people say on here if you are cutting it close. They typically send them out via UPS or something that is fairly quick and needs a signature.

Looks like Rexall personal threshold spend offers start today not Monday. I will be shopping tomorrow to get giftcard as well.

Also, I see the Pack to School Rexall Beauty offer on the airmiles app for Monday. I would guess that it will combine with the threshold spend.

Thanks!!

I ordered a ticket Wednesday morning and it arrived today.

Yes you can upgrade to a park hopper, but I believe you have to do this in person once your at Disney.

Thanks!!

Daughter ordered hers on Monday and got it Thursday. I ordered Wednesday and got it Friday.

I redeemed for my car rental. An econo from the 17th to 27th was 2730 miles with earn 100 attached to it and the taxes are $88. This is Alamo which is my preferred company. Very rarely do I not get a free upgrade of one or two categories which I'm also hoping for this time. I had watched the required miles bounce up and down for a couple of weeks. It was fairly static around 3000-3100 most of the time. I was also watching the Alamo site to just do a cash rental. If the price had been under $200(best I've seen was $257) I would have saved my miles and just paid OOP because the taxes on the AM rental were $97. Anyway, as the Alamo prices started to drop so did the AM. Of course (always my luck) a couple of hours after I booked the AM dropped another 150...why I looked again I'll never know. After mentioning it to my DD she said that perhaps it was the tracking cookies. So I think that it might be wise to clear the cookies or use an incognito window before booking.

No matter what I'm happy with getting the rental with my miles. My DD really likes the WDW buses but I reminded her that it's been about 5 years since we were there during the summer and in the heat it will be really nice to have our own ride when ever, where ever. No smelly sticky people to ride with and always a seat. She agreed very quickly.

A reminders for Elite MasterCard holders to sign up for the new airline lounge program. It's up and running.
Can you please remind me how to do this and how to use the lounges. Flight in September that it might be useful. I know I have used the lounges in the past but for the life of me I can’t remember, is it is a membership card I should have in my pile of cards

Can you please remind me how to do this and how to use the lounges. Flight in September that it might be useful. I know I have used the lounges in the past but for the life of me I can’t remember, is it is a membership card I should have in my pile of cards
Here's the link. https://airport.mastercard.com/
Once you open the link, go to Create your Account and it will walk you through the set up. You can download the app on your devices so you have it with you at all times. You no longer need a separate membership card, you simply present your Mastercard before entering. Very easy and nice that I no longer have to 'find' my membership card, after all, I only used it a few times a year and I didn't want to carry it all the time.
Its actually a very good app an gives all the information you need. Enjoy.

My Amazon (Aug 8) and Indigo (Aug 9) shops are showing the base miles credited today.

Also I received the SamsungPay 50 miles for signing up! For some odd reason they gave it to me twice. 100 miles total.

Also got the Samsung Pay twice. But still no airmileshop points for me! My Gap order did finally ship though.

My Amazon (Aug 8) and Indigo (Aug 9) shops are showing the base miles credited today.

Also I received the SamsungPay 50 miles for signing up! For some odd reason they gave it to me twice. 100 miles total.
YUP! me too for the two postings, i was just coming in to share the screenshot and mention that while the posting date is August 10th I linked my account the first day of the promo, July 30th, before i had a compatible phone. NOW, i still can't get the app to load to said phone and i've given up trying!! I was using Max (the mighty mixer bought with miles :P ) and my right hand was greasy so i figured i would add the other index fingerprint as well but after i did that the app wouldn't work. I even spent an hour at the Samsung store Thursday and THEY couldn't figure it out :P

upload_2018-8-11_14-30-33.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter