Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So, someone on that air miles Facebook page told me that she was also missing 700 air miles from the Back to School promo, so she sent a Facebook message to Air Miles about it and they gave her the missing air miles. she told me to try it, so I did.

I sent a Facebook message, told them that I was not happy about the missing 700 air miles. They got back to me, asked for my air miles acct number, the receipts and the dates of the 5 qualifying purchases. I told her I didn’t have the receipts on me, but she just needed to check my account to see the purchases. I also gave her the store names, the dates of the purchases, and the before tax amount spent at each store. It took about an hour, they messaged me back and said that my account had been credited with the missing airmiles! Made my night!

I'm really glad this worked for you. But, it bothers me that Airmiles is treating its cardholders so inconsistently. It's really bad PR for them to handle things in this manner. If they have indeed been told not to manually adjust any accounts until after Oct 25 then that is how they should deal with each and every request.

I'm really glad this worked for you. But, it bothers me that Airmiles is treating its cardholders so inconsistently. It's really bad PR for them to handle things in this manner. If they have indeed been told not to manually adjust any accounts until after Oct 25 then that is how they should deal with each and every request.

I completely agree. If the online chat agents can’t/won’t credit the air miles, the Facebook agents shouldn’t be able to either. I didn’t believe the Facebook user when she said she got the credit until I messaged air miles and got the credit as well.

I did an online chat and was told to wait til next Friday and chat again if the rest of my 1000AM isn't posted by then. They were really helpful and said they actually did the promo too and were missing some haha. I guess they really messed up a lot of people's miles!

I got 1000 on both mine and my wife's card. Now I did all of my transactions very ate into the promo and didn't do any Amazon in there. I seem to be lucky to have it right from them on this promo.

Also, wanted to apologize for buying all the Zero Cal Vitamin Water at Terry Fox yesterday - I bought 15 out of the 18 they had ;)

Were you also shopping at Sobeys in Barrhaven around 10am?

Last edited:

I wouldn't dream of stepping on your turf on Blue Friday....I stuck to the West End :)

Not my turf. I travel 17km to get there. But it is a good idea to spread out AM obsession around the city. I know there are a number of Disers who shop at the store and I've never run into one of them. Next Blue Friday we'll have to do a Dis meet up and shop en masse. The store Kanata or Barrhaven won't know what hit them.

I feel like Prince Charming trying to track down Cinderella (rolls reversed of course). Trying to find the mystery shopper I spoke with in Sobeys. I know he's a crazy AM person like us.

I'm not looking forward to Christmas shopping this year. Kiddo has decided he's too big for toys, but still expects Santa to be delivering. I have no idea what to get him, he's a little obsessed with Fortnite at this point, which I hate, and I know he's going to be upset with whatever I decide to get him. Just Ugh to the whole thing! I don't even know what to tell his friends to get him for his birthday party this year... what happened to my little boy who was obsessed with star wars lego and dinosaurs? I don't mind getting what he wants, but figuring out what that is will be tricky!

My blue Friday went pretty well too. Spent $115-ish and earned 351. I had a detailed plan which I tossed out the window shortly after getting to the store. I got 10 boxes or cereal which was not in the plan. I had $1 off coupons for all of them and we eat cereal every single day so we go through it pretty fast. Very rarely can I find it for less than $2.99 so this was a great deal for me. To top it all off I had the loveliest cashier on the planet!

Ugh
It just occurred to me that middle son's Birthday is Dec 13,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Oh Boy. Well I know the dentist suggested an electric toothbrush for him (teeth very close),,so I logged onto airmiles and got him one and scored
15 bonus airmiles. He is super hard to buy for--very talented -- computer analyst and usually buys everything he wants himself.
He does need some new Pj's and slippers . I might just do money and or a few gift cards.
I have messed up and not kept a list of things I have already bought for Christmas,,I'm making stockings (santa sacks) for everyone.
I am going to get everything out tomorrow and make a list or I'll end up over spending.
I hate giving money for Christmas but I know that's what they really want.

Santa sacks

il_570xN.1047016216_2ief.jpg

Hugs
Mel

I'm not looking forward to Christmas shopping this year. Kiddo has decided he's too big for toys, but still expects Santa to be delivering. I have no idea what to get him, he's a little obsessed with Fortnite at this point, which I hate, and I know he's going to be upset with whatever I decide to get him. Just Ugh to the whole thing! I don't even know what to tell his friends to get him for his birthday party this year... what happened to my little boy who was obsessed with star wars lego and dinosaurs? I don't mind getting what he wants, but figuring out what that is will be tricky!

My son is obsessed with Fortnite. He has a room full of every Lego set imagineable but this year he's been no longer interested in Lego - buying him gifts used to be so easy with Lego!! He plays Fortnite on the Xbox, and sometimes iPad. All he wanted for his bday this year was Xbox and iTunes gift cards. Hot Topic has Fortnite shirts and we got him one also. He wore it to school right away the next day, lol. For his birthday party this year, his friends all got him gift cards - Xbox, iTunes and Best Buy. I'm sure your son would love gift cards too.

Ugh
It just occurred to me that middle son's Birthday is Dec 13,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Oh Boy. Well I know the dentist suggested an electric toothbrush for him (teeth very close),,so I logged onto airmiles and got him one and scored
15 bonus airmiles. He is super hard to buy for--very talented -- computer analyst and usually buys everything he wants himself.
He does need some new Pj's and slippers . I might just do money and or a few gift cards.
I have messed up and not kept a list of things I have already bought for Christmas,,I'm making stockings (santa sacks) for everyone.
I am going to get everything out tomorrow and make a list or I'll end up over spending.
I hate giving money for Christmas but I know that's what they really want.

Hugs
Mel

I was looking at the toothbrush for kids that's on airmiles sale this week. Apparently you can use the adult sized toothbrush heads on it as well, and it's a lot less than the adult ones. I might get two, one for kid and one for me :) I also hate giving money, especially to a child, but it looks like that's going to be it this year!

My son is obsessed with Fortnite. He has a room full of every Lego set imagineable but this year he's been no longer interested in Lego - buying him gifts used to be so easy with Lego!! He plays Fortnite on the Xbox, and sometimes iPad. All he wanted for his bday this year was Xbox and iTunes gift cards. Hot Topic has Fortnite shirts and we got him one also. He wore it to school right away the next day, lol. For his birthday party this year, his friends all got him gift cards - Xbox, iTunes and Best Buy. I'm sure your son would love gift cards too.

I will have to find this Hot Topic place, or some fortnite shirts. He only plays on Xbox but he wants to be a streamer and thinks I should get him a gaming system so he can do that. Apparently that's his career goal now. His iPad is a hand me down from my mom so it's too old to play the game. He also thinks he should get a newer one, while I don't even have an iPad lol. I know my sister will give him Xbox money. I imagine that's what he will get for his birthday as well (Dec 9). For a free game, I have spent a lot of money on Fortnite!

I am thinking we may not go away at March break, I might use up some airmiles to get a nice set of pots and pans, a new toaster oven and anything else that looks like we could use and I wouldn't want to spend money on it. Then save up again and maybe go in August or December. I can't decide. But I figure that just means I should wait to plan :) And earn more airmiles lol.

So my status says I have earned over 1000 air miles this year as of today, however I am still blue - Does the colour change not happen right away? I want to see gold! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter