Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I think this has been one of the lowest periods for grocery shopping airmiles I seen since I've been doing airmiles. My first post here was Aug 28 2015.
I am hoping things start to pick up.
Hugs Mel

I agree... this summer has been miserable for grocery AM! I really am hoping that the retailers have some good offers for us for the September long weekend. *crosses fingers*

I feel like I have done well at Sobeys at least since July/August.

But I am happy as long as they do the “spend $100 Get 100AM”... so I don’t spend my usual $100 on groceries and only Get 30AM lol.

But I also recommend anyone on here switch to the BMO Sobeys AM. It used to give me 2AM for every $20 spent at sobeys but they recently changed it so that you get 2AM per $20 at almost every AM sponsor!

I feel like I have done well at Sobeys at least since July/August.

But I am happy as long as they do the “spend $100 Get 100AM”... so I don’t spend my usual $100 on groceries and only Get 30AM lol.

But I also recommend anyone on here switch to the BMO Sobeys AM. It used to give me 2AM for every $20 spent at sobeys but they recently changed it so that you get 2AM per $20 at almost every AM sponsor!

I would go one better and get the BMO Air Miles World Elite. You get 1 mile for every $10 charged to your card. We regularly earn 200-300 miles per month just on the card alone. And you get the Lounge Key membership (2 passes to airport lounges per year).

I would go one better and get the BMO Air Miles World Elite. You get 1 mile for every $10 charged to your card. We regularly earn 200-300 miles per month just on the card alone. And you get the Lounge Key membership (2 passes to airport lounges per year).

I just edited my post because I saw there is a decent sign up bonus

Yeah. Unfortunately don’t make enough to qualify for that one.

Yeah. Unfortunately don’t make enough to qualify for that one.
We don't either, but we've had one for years. Maybe because we had the regular BMO Mastercard for years before we upgraded and our credit was good. But we're below that income threshold as well. So you just might qualify.

I agree... this summer has been miserable for grocery AM! I really am hoping that the retailers have some good offers for us for the September long weekend. *crosses fingers*
Isn't it usually the first Friday of the Month? I'm hoping the Blue Friday will be the 7th - I'll already be packed up ready to go camping the Friday of the long weekend...so I hope it's not til the 7th.

And 15% off flights (everyday) booked through AM. Not to mention travel insurance of one sort or another.

Not quite sure how that works. Going through Air Canada, my flight is $327 and going through the Air Miles Cash site the same flight is $342.91.

Sorry, should have clarified. 15%off the Airmiles Dream rewards required for the same flight. Sometimes it works out less expensive than booking directly with the airline sometimes not. Which is why I watch flights I like to take, obsessively, to know when there's a good deal to be had.

Has anyone heard anything about an upcoming Canada Post strike? One of my shop order was delivered today and the lady warned me they were going on strike starting this Friday.

I'm expecting a delivery within the next hour or so. I'll be sure to ask the delivery person when they arrive. Stores will make alternative arrangements for people to get their packages in event of a strike.

Has anyone heard anything about an upcoming Canada Post strike? One of my shop order was delivered today and the lady warned me they were going on strike starting this Friday.
At first i was prepared to say nope until a bit of in depth googling unearthed this news release from Friday August 17th that says yup, they are in a strike position on August 25th. You can read the whole thing here:

Will Canada Post go on Strike???

SIDE NOTE: I swear our letter carrier has been on personal work-slow down for YEARS ... we go days with nothing, not even those stupid junk postcards from businesses and then our mailbox is stuffed to overflowing. Drives hubby nuts since a fair number of his clients are still so old-school that they send cheques!

I'm gonna drop this here as well as the online thread -- Dell has a massive multiplier right now. We've had great luck with them before, miles posted long before the computer even arrived
upload_2018-8-21_12-10-22.png

At first i was prepared to say nope until a bit of in depth googling unearthed this news release from Friday August 17th that says yup, they are in a strike position on August 25th. You can read the whole thing here:

Will Canada Post go on Strike???

SIDE NOTE: I swear our letter carrier has been on personal work-slow down for YEARS ... we go days with nothing, not even those stupid junk postcards from businesses and then our mailbox is stuffed to overflowing. Drives hubby nuts since a fair number of his clients are still so old-school that they send cheques!

Great google skills! I tried but couldn't locate any information. I placed a shop order this morning. I hope it gets a quick delivery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!