Airmiles Armchair Chatter

CNE email, I assume everyone will get it that ordered the onyx cne tickets:

Dear Collector,

We recently noticed that there is a typo on the tickets you received for the order – Canadian National Exhibition - Admission Package for Two (2) – redeemed for 1 AIR MILES Reward Mile.

On the tickets, it says 2016 as the year, however it should have been 2018. Rest assured, we can confirm that these tickets are valid to use for grounds admission on any day of the 2018 CNE.

In addition, the Terms and Conditions on the airmiles.ca included information for a number of CNE products. The relevant specifics for your Canadian National Exhibition - Admission Package for Two (2) tickets are:

Admission Pass for Two: Grounds admission for two (2) people for a single day during the 2018 CNE.

This reward is non-refundable and has no cash value. No exchanges. No upgrades. Not valid in combination with any other discount or special offer.
Valid on available dates only. Babies in arms are free. This policy is at the discretion of the gate superintendent
.”

We hope you enjoy your visit to the 2018 CNE.

Sincerely,
AIR MILES

Question does anyone know which air miles online stores are applicable for the following:?
This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases

Off the top of my head, none of the stores offer miles on gift cards --other than places that are strictly gift cards like WaySpa, Wagjaj Spafinder. You'd have to gothru the "store info" button on each store to confirm. It's actually a very rare thing to get miles for purchasing gift cards which is why you'll see everyone getting excited when there's an offer in the flyers -- it becomes a chance to triple-dip: buy the card to get miles, use a card that gives you miles for using it and then use the gift card to buy items with miles.

I have seen other places saying that Indigo regularly offers AM for gift cards. If that is true, then this would qualify.

This is driving me nuts because I also see people online in other places saying their placed their Indigo shop order for gift cards. I was going to come here and ask if this is correct. That would make Indigo an easy shop! I haven't done my order yet as my daughter's book only comes to $9.50 and I need something else to go with it. I don't want to order something for the sake of needing another $10.50 and I just haven't found anything that would not be a waste of money... argh (sigh)

Days in the Sun ->> I just checked and I also received the same e-mail.

This line "In addition, the Terms and Conditions on the airmiles.ca included information for a number of CNE products." bugs me. Air Miles should never put information for ANOTHER product/ticket redemption in the T&C. That was very confusing.

Days in the Sun ->> I just checked and I also received the same e-mail.

This line "In addition, the Terms and Conditions on the airmiles.ca included information for a number of CNE products." bugs me. Air Miles should never put information for ANOTHER product/ticket redemption in the T&C. That was very confusing.

Ya, I interpreted this as someone messed up and we aren't honouring the terms.

After all this, trying to do too many things at the same time, I forgot I was going to post something. This may be of interest to anyone purchasing gift cards at Shell. I'm going through my receipts/finances and just discovered this.

On Saturday I needed an Xbox gift card to purchase an e-game. I had to get gas as well. My receipt shows not only did I receive a .04 cent discount (totalling $1) on my gas but I received a $1 discount on my $30 Xbox gift card! (Two $15 gift card purchases).

I'm not sure why I received a discount on the gift card purchase but that's fine by me.

what a day in the Duck household!! Our daughter & her wife booked a ridiculously cheap fare on Flair from Hamilton to Halifax early July. They flew out last Saturday without a hitch and said the flight was more than acceptable -- even got upgraded to exit row seats because some foolish family thought if they paid for those seats for their 12 year old ahead of time the kid wouldn't get moved --- sorry folks, money doesn't allow you to break regulations! Coming home however, a completely different story - the type bad movies are fashioned over!!! They ended up spending 11 hours in the Halifax airport, 3 very long delays & one *minor* hour at the end, 2.5 hours on a cramped plane with MANY small crying children ( and 2 exhausted mommies who also sobbed) There was zilch communication with the airline (unless you consider the suggestion on their website to try emailing for help since their call centre was overwhelmed!), the website either showed the flight being cancelled or on time, they gave them a $10 voucher food voucher that wasn't accepted at any of the locations past security (uhm, ok??) promised pizza after the midnight announcement that the fight would leave at 1 -- neither the plane nor the pizza arrived till after 1-- The only way we could see what was happening was watching the airport sites and guessing. Same plane was to head from Hamilton and then turn around -- it showed departing and then delayed 4 times before it finally appeared on the board in Halifax as arriving delayed at midnight. The freak show just got worse when the flight disappeared from all sites at midnight and for an hour there was no idea what happened to it -- At this point none of us were too sure we wanted them to board it to come home!!! Plane eventually arrived and wasn't one of theirs so not enough seats for everyone-- choice of taking next flight was given but the first one with seats isn't till TOMORROW! Or you could get a voucher for travel at a different time and find alternative method to get home! We finally left our house at 2:30 to go pick them up and fell into bed around 5 this morning.

while this was going on I was continuing to set up my new phone since the old one simply died. Got a new Samsung that supports the Samsung Pay App and i was all excited to be able to try out using that for my Airmiles card when we went shopping yesterday. Got my account set up and downloaded the app but i can't get the danged thing to accept my fingerprint or PIN. Contacted the online chat and was told i could simply stop into the store front in the Eaton Centre or try the old uninstall & reinstall. SIGH... Anyone else having any luck with this new trick???
I don't think it was just Flair that had issues in/out of Halifax on Saturday. My BIL and family were flying AC our of Halifax to herE in Victoria the girls (7&3) were troopers. They got home about 12 hours late. Should have been here about noon and got home at midnight.

This is driving me nuts because I also see people online in other places saying their placed their Indigo shop order for gift cards. I was going to come here and ask if this is correct. That would make Indigo an easy shop! I haven't done my order yet as my daughter's book only comes to $9.50 and I need something else to go with it. I don't want to order something for the sake of needing another $10.50 and I just haven't found anything that would not be a waste of money... argh (sigh)
May I suggest the Thomas Kinkade Studio Disney 2019 engagement calendar? Over $10 but if you’re a Disney fan might be something :)

Got an email from AM about “Pack To School” with several special offers.

https://packtoschool.airmiles.ca/en/home?ext_cmp=38248_BackToSchool2018-_-Email-Solo-_-_W1-Launch-_-SeeOffers&EmailLogin=n59SLvkmB1BsVH25Z05vPhDfLdzDk/A+lsPk4UKoQSU=

I checked for ON. I guess next week and the week after the Sobeys flyers will have the same “Spend $100 Get 100AM” that I have found so awesome for the past few weeks.

I just can't get to $100 at Sobey's, hoping this isn't the new norm.

Sobeys in-store offers ended yesterday I believe, haven't been there but there should be new in-store offers.

Got an email from AM about “Pack To School” with several special offers.

https://packtoschool.airmiles.ca/en/home?ext_cmp=38248_BackToSchool2018-_-Email-Solo-_-_W1-Launch-_-SeeOffers&EmailLogin=n59SLvkmB1BsVH25Z05vPhDfLdzDk/A+lsPk4UKoQSU=

I checked for ON. I guess next week and the week after the Sobeys flyers will have the same “Spend $100 Get 100AM” that I have found so awesome for the past few weeks.
That leaves me out on Sobeys. We leave next Friday for WDW and are gone 10 days. There is almost zero chance that I could spare the time on Thursday night to grocery shop....food is needed at home, DH and oldest DD are staying home.

Correction...I just looked at the dates on those coupons. I will only be missing the first one. So I can plan for the other two. I think I will also investigate the Miss Fresh.

Last edited:
May I suggest the Thomas Kinkade Studio Disney 2019 engagement calendar? Over $10 but if you’re a Disney fan might be something :)

I'm afraid I could not locate that. The google images look gorgeous but Indigo/Chapters does not sell it. In fact, they do not have very many 2019 calendars at all yet. I wish they did. That would be an easy solution.

However, thank you! When I googled the TK calendar Indigo popped up with "Disney Dream Collections Thomas Kinkade Studios Coloring Book" for $11.38. It looks beautiful. My daughter loves coloring but if she does not want this, I have two 9 going on 10 year old nieces. I'm sure I can gift it to one of them this Christmas.

Happily off to place my Indigo shop order #2!

Done! $20.88 pre-tax. Thanks again osully!

Last edited:
Aaakkkk I'm so far behind i think i'm first ... just now updated the links to the flyers in the first post and haven't even had a chance to glance at them. So many things to keep track of right now, online shopping, some new promo I haven't even opened and a new phone to continue to struggle with ..

Sorry for being behind this week, and no time to give the duck's musings on the flyer offers (look pretty grim based on your comments!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!