Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Last edited:

I am always unsure if Gap and an Old Navy purchase will count as 2 separate orders. I assume so because they are different stores, but they are the same company and sort of share a website.

They're separate. Just make sure after shopping at one to close the window and go to the other via the Air Miles Shops website, not the tab in the top left corner.

Also, both Gap and Old Navy were 5x Air Miles yesterday, so that was a little bonus.

Yes you can upgrade any ticket media --- Disney LOVES to take more money from us :P You will get the value of the tickets and will pay the difference between that and the current gate price of whatever you want to actually have. My thoughts on which is better to redeem for is get the max that you can *afford* in this case the 7 day because if you collect miles the way we do in this household (never buy anything strictly for miles and try for at least 1:1 ratio) they will be FREE.

Thank you so much for the info. We are the same way, only buy things we will actually use and need when collecting miles. So it is like a guilt free reward, lol. I will purchase the 7 day then as it will feel better on the pocket when we pay to upgrade, lol.

One last question, I have an unused 7 day ticket that I got from airmiles in 2016. I read somewhere that Disney has changed their policy, so I will now be given the gate price of the ticket in 2016 and not the current gate price. Is that correct? Just want to make sure I have my sums correct.

You are correct. You will get the value of the 2016 ticket. (If it was a Canadian discounted ticket, it will be discounted to the value that was paid at the time.)

I'm having trouble with Etsy and the Air Miles Back-to-school promo. I'm hoping someone has shopped at Etsy through the AirMilesShops and can explain this to me.

My understanding is when I click on the store through the AirMilesShops link, it opens a window to that store and I am suppose to stay in that window tab. NOT to open another tab.

However when I click on any item in Etsy that I want to add to my cart, it automatically opens another window on me! Is this going to void back-to-school shopping??

Just wondering if folks would be willing to get me tickets for the Wine Show in Halifax when/if they pop up in the Onyx offers? Tickets go on sale August 15th so I'm thinking they are likely going to up around then too. The last few years they've have them and I've only been able to get the two tickets (never thought to ask you guys!).

Well I looked at the Safeway flyer this morning... I am not seeing much AM to earn on groceries...
I guess it's all back-to-school online shopping, which I really don't think I need to do much of. The concept of overhauling your wardrobe just "because" of back-to-school has never made sense to me...

They're separate. Just make sure after shopping at one to close the window and go to the other via the Air Miles Shops website, not the tab in the top left corner.

Also, both Gap and Old Navy were 5x Air Miles yesterday, so that was a little bonus.
Thank you!

Was just popping into share this great online promo -- LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!! Here's a copy of the terms & conditions so we'll have reference. I'm going to start a separate thread to keep it easier to track. I'll keep an updated list of the stores with offers for the inevitable need to chase down the miles

1 Between August 7 and September 9, 2018, Collectors must make eligible purchases of $20 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes, in a single transaction at (i) 5 or more different online stores to qualify for the 1,000 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles; or (ii) 3 different online stores to qualify for the 300 Bonus Miles; or (iii) 2 different online stores to qualify for the 100 Bonus Miles. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Miles and qualify for this offer. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Miles offers. This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. This offer does not apply to purchases made at any travel online stores (including, but not limited to travel bookings, car rentals, and hotel stays). Please allow up to 120 days after the Bonus Offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to Collector Account. *airmilesshops.ca Base Offer: Get 1 AIR MILES® Reward Mile for every $20 CDN that you spend per transaction per online store excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Base offer may vary, click “Store Info” on online store logo on airmilesshops.ca for offer details. All online stores are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice at any time. Collector must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get Reward Miles. Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 60 days. **airmilesshops.ca Multiplier Offers: LIMITED TIME OFFERS. AIR MILES® Reward Miles multiplier offers apply to the total base Reward Miles earned on qualifying purchase amount excluding shipping, handling, duties and taxes. Online store offers are subject to change without notice. See specific online store on airmilesshops.ca for offer details and any restrictions. Bonus Reward Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days. Prices are not always in Canadian Dollars. Please refer to each individual online store’s page on airmilesshops.ca to determine what currency is being displayed. While we make every effort to assure the accuracy of product information, we do not assume any liability for inaccuracies. Product information including price, availability, sales tax, and estimated shipping costs are provided by the affiliated online stores. LoyaltyOne, Co. assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or timeliness of information provided by the affiliated online stores. Please check the individual online store websites to confirm the accuracy of the information provided.

Question does anyone know which air miles online stores are applicable for the following:?
This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases

Question does anyone know which air miles online stores are applicable for the following:?
This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases
Off the top of my head, none of the stores offer miles on gift cards --other than places that are strictly gift cards like WaySpa, Wagjaj Spafinder. You'd have to gothru the "store info" button on each store to confirm. It's actually a very rare thing to get miles for purchasing gift cards which is why you'll see everyone getting excited when there's an offer in the flyers -- it becomes a chance to triple-dip: buy the card to get miles, use a card that gives you miles for using it and then use the gift card to buy items with miles.

Off the top of my head, none of the stores offer miles on gift cards --other than places that are strictly gift cards like WaySpa, Wagjaj Spafinder. You'd have to gothru the "store info" button on each store to confirm. It's actually a very rare thing to get miles for purchasing gift cards which is why you'll see everyone getting excited when there's an offer in the flyers -- it becomes a chance to triple-dip: buy the card to get miles, use a card that gives you miles for using it and then use the gift card to buy items with miles.
Thank you

I have seen other places saying that Indigo regularly offers AM for gift cards. If that is true, then this would qualify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter