Airmiles Armchair Chatter

What does everyone use the Disney Movie Rewards for? I see there are e-gift cards but they are for $5 or $10 and there is a limit of 4 per person.

We redeem for the Disney gift cards. There is a lifetime limit for each style but they keep bringing in new ones (different characters featured) especially on the $5 ones. I recently found out (either through this group or another Dis thread) that you can combine them onto one card at disneygiftcard.com so closer to our next trip in 2020 I will combine them so I just have to take one card with me. Should have $100-$150 by that time. I love getting free stuff for doing things I was going to do anyways (we go to a lot of movies)!

I had to post and let all of you know how wonderful, helpful, funny and resourceful you all are! I am fairly new to the board and started reading this one at the beginning of this year, and in January I had 300AM and now I am at 4400AM all thanks to your wonderful tips! And I just read about the Disney Movie Rewards above and my jaw dropped because I have TONS of DVDs all sitting with secret codes inside that I never entered. So now I have 4500 points and hopefully it will keep on growing so I can get some gift cards for our trip in 2020! I just wanted to thank all of you so much! Every little bit helps when saving for a trip on a single income!
so just make sure you redeem for what you want as soon as you can. any unused points will expire, I think if you have a year of no use. I had added about 10 blu-rays back in 2013 and lost the points for them by the time I logged in again in probably 2015.

How did you get $100 USD? When I searched the website, it said “Limit 4 redemptions per member” for both the $5 and $10 e-gift cards.
Each style counts - so for example I had 2 Bambi gift cards last year, currently have 2 Coco giftcards in my wallet. They add new ones all the time.

That's why I said $100 USD slowly but surely. Took about 2 years.

so just make sure you redeem for what you want as soon as you can. any unused points will expire, I think if you have a year of no use. I had added about 10 blu-rays back in 2013 and lost the points for them by the time I logged in again in probably 2015.
Oh wow! Thanks for letting me know, I would have waited to redeem them. I will get on that! Thanks for the tip, my family is going to see the Incredibles 2 tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some more points. Is there a code on the movie stub?

Are you sure about that? After reading about this site I went in to register. Turns out I was already registered, a fact I did not remember, and I have 25 points in my account that are from Dec. 3, 2013. I'm pretty sure I was only in that site once as I have not memory of making an account.
Still always a good idea to redeem as soon as possible in case of things like points expiring or, as AM is often doing, the points needed increase.

ETA--Maybe the points still show but aren't really there? Like if I go to use them they will say expired?

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? After reading about this site I went in to register. Turns out I was already registered, a fact I did not remember, and I have 25 points in my account that are from Dec. 3, 2013. I'm pretty sure I was only in that site once as I have not memory of making an account.
Still always a good idea to redeem as soon as possible in case of things like points expiring or, as AM is often doing, the points needed increase.

ETA--Maybe the points still show but aren't really there? Like if I go to use them they will say expired?
Not 100% sure when I added mine that expired, probably before 2013 then. I guess they have changed their policy! That's good!

Oh wow! Thanks for letting me know, I would have waited to redeem them. I will get on that! Thanks for the tip, my family is going to see the Incredibles 2 tomorrow, so hopefully I can get some more points. Is there a code on the movie stub?
There are step by step instructions on the website. Choose earn points - then movie tickets - you need to write the code they generate on each of your tickets, take a photo, and upload. The code will re-generate if you take too long and the site signs you out, or re-load the page though so be aware of that.

I just wish they would get some WDW passes that didn't need to be used by Dec 2018.
3 or 4 day passes would be nice tooooo!:lovestruc
Right now I use airmiles to get Starbuck Gift cards to offset the cost of food.
Hugs Mel
Yes, the Starbucks Gift Cards were an excellent use of points. The kids love those overly priced smoothies, etc. from there so it sure did help with keeping costs down.

If you want to stay at the airport there is very little that you can walk to. The hotel strip is literally hotels and gas stations and offices....it's an industrial area. There are a few random places like Timmie's or McD's. Some of the larger hotels have restaurants. There is no mall or shopping. You would have to take a taxi to get to a mall and the closest is probably Sherway Gardens.

The UP Express on the other hand is very cheap, quick and easy to use. You didn't say how much time you have to spend in the city but if it's a full day or more I would stay downtown.

As to Porter or WJ.....if you are staying downtown use Porter.

Thanks - I did end up booking Porter as we will have a bit of extra time to spend in Toronto, and on the way back I'll have a night to myself in Toronto before the kiddo arrives.
Bubabear's post about Starbucks Gift Cards reminded me I should order some to use while in Toronto, and for my daughter to use at Pearson, and for my friend who's condo we will be staying at who is a total Starbucks junkie!

Did Rexall yesterday and for $55 I got $110 worth of stuff (well, my receipt says I saved $55 but we all know their prices are CRAZY). Finally have womens deodorant again! My husbands scent made me sick the 2 days I tried to use that instead.

Got 126AM :)

Yesterday I earned 46AM by doing surveys on the Rewarding Your Opinions site!!

Highly recommend anyone to sign up next time they are allowing new users.
I did over 900 AM in 3 months, my goal was to do 10 for everyday. Then something happened to my account and I can no longer get the surveys to work. I sent a service request off 6 weeks ago (or so) and they still have not fixed the issue. Three weeks after I sent the initial service request I sent off an email asking where my account stood, did they have it fixed yet. They sent back a reply that did not sound very nice and told me they get thousands (yes, they said thousands) of issues sent to them every day and when they figure out what the problem was t hey would let me know. I seriously doubt they get thousands a day but what can I do? I think someone else had an issue with them as well, someone on this forum.
Keep going till you can't, they are very easy AM's IMO.

I did over 900 AM in 3 months, my goal was to do 10 for everyday. Then something happened to my account and I can no longer get the surveys to work. I sent a service request off 6 weeks ago (or so) and they still have not fixed the issue. Three weeks after I sent the initial service request I sent off an email asking where my account stood, did they have it fixed yet. They sent back a reply that did not sound very nice and told me they get thousands (yes, they said thousands) of issues sent to them every day and when they figure out what the problem was t hey would let me know. I seriously doubt they get thousands a day but what can I do? I think someone else had an issue with them as well, someone on this forum.
Keep going till you can't, they are very easy AM's IMO.

I don't have any problem with my account but I rarely get to do a full survey. I always get the message that I don't fit in who they are looking for so I only get the 1 AM.

Yesterday was a rare day for sure. I usually get one 6 or 10AM survey on a good day that I can complete. Mostly it's little 1AM or 2AMs - slowly but surely.

Thanks to all those who posted about the Disney Movie Rewards. I hadn't ever given them much thought in the past. I went through our DVD collection and found a few codes. Most of the others I probably threw out long ago. With what I found I was able to get 450 points. How many points do you get for going to see a movie in theater (not 3D)? I entered 2 of those as well. I've got a few years before our next family trip to Disney so we'll have to see what I can get in GC over that time. Kids are all grown but not having little ones of their own yet so I'm in a kind of Disney movie limbo at the moment (then again there is Star Wars etc.)

Cheers to you @mort1331
ETA @TFC_UNTIL_I_DIE and all the other fathers by birth, marriage, chance & love!
images

Last edited:
Thanks to all those who posted about the Disney Movie Rewards. I hadn't ever given them much thought in the past. I went through our DVD collection and found a few codes. Most of the others I probably threw out long ago. With what I found I was able to get 450 points. How many points do you get for going to see a movie in theater (not 3D)? I entered 2 of those as well. I've got a few years before our next family trip to Disney so we'll have to see what I can get in GC over that time. Kids are all grown but not having little ones of their own yet so I'm in a kind of Disney movie limbo at the moment (then again there is Star Wars etc.)

Not 100% sure when I added mine that expired, probably before 2013 then. I guess they have changed their policy! That's good!
Generally speaking it's 50 points for regular movies & 75 for 3D -- there are times when there are bonus points -- looking back at my account we obviously got 100 EACH for Beauty & the Beast.

Regarding the expiry of points -- yes the DO expire I have 2 accounts somehow (I set up an email with Disney about 5 years ago when the Kindle was the ONLY device we were taking that had an email address the is mine alone) and i got this email on the secondary one -- there are often surveys on your account and i leave at least one sitting there to be used to keep my account active

upload_2018-6-17_17-29-8.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!