Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was able to use the $5 coupon in a combination today. I spent $46.03 after the $5 off coupon, used the 60 AM mail coupon, 60 AM load and go and a 10 AM for purchasing a Rexall brand supplement. Total AM on the $46 was 132. The coupons weren't questioned at all. I wonder, did your Rexall try and input the coupons or did they just say no and not even try?
Yes, they try -- the coupon is even on my receipt as having been scanned. A message pops up on the screen at this specific store if i try to use the $5.00 coupon at the same time as any other coupon "This will invalidate previous forms of payment" I use every coupon i have (or try!) and the staff at all 3 of our Rexalls are aware of how much i value my AM and go out of their way to help me get the biggest bang for my buck. I know i would have better luck at one of the other stores because they still allow the use of the $5.00 survey coupon but it's not feasible on foot or transit.

**this is purely speculation on my part but from my days of working in a drug store (age myself here, it was Big V) I know that the pharmacy is actually owned by the pharmacist in a similar set-up as a franchise and as such can dictate things like hours the store is open and pricing on OTC products. I wonder if this has anything to do with the different policies by stores regarding AM, like why some of the Ottawa stores offer AM on their receipts??? The stores actually have to *pay* to give us these miles, right?

Jacqueline does your area have Life Labs?
I just booked my appointment on line for next week--gotta make sure that the thyroid meds are working.Booking this way saves me a ton of time waiting.
I think they might even make home visits. Just checked and home visits are 60.00 Yuck--they charge 60.00 for this--yuck...

http://www.lifelabs.com/patients/Pages/Book-an-appointment.aspx

Hugs Mel
Yup, and i usually take advantage of this service but i had a call from the Dr yesterday reminding me to check my iron & thyroid levels (might be why the BP is dropping again, oops!) so i stopped there to get the req and just carried on. The lab I go to is directly above the Rexall and once the early-morning fasters have cleared out it is rarely busy!!!

Last edited:

Oh so that is why there are so many resorts at discounted prices in the Cayos, like Cayo Santa Maria etc-makes sense.
The resorts were shut down for rebuilding until early December. The Canadian tour operators wouldn't send passengers until they sent staff to do site inspections. If you mean low prices now....that's because it's not hot there until March. I think the average highs from December thru late February are around 22-23.

Read you loud & clear and pretty sure you know where we stand as well :P
Count us in as fellow Canadians who just don't want to deal with the attitude that comes with travelling especially in this current time. DH told me to start now researching vacations that have nothing to do with the other major North American country.

Oh and Rexall... *sigh*
Apparently the closest one to our house does NOT participate in AirMiles (didn't think you could opt out???)! But it is attached to the hospital as their pharmacy, so I guess they don't need any "outside" business...

At this point I think tickets (Disney and Universal) and flights are your best bet. It you collected for four years you could really rack up the miles !
Great!
I'm guessing I will need a ton of airmiles then. We are a family of 6. So 6 flights and 6 7 day tickets to WDW, plus 6 tickets to Universal. Not sure if I can collect that many in 4 years or not. I guess we will see.
I think we are hoping to rent DVC points so we can get a 2 bedroom villa.
Too bad the deals have been terrible so far this month. Hoping for some better deals soon!

Great!
I'm guessing I will need a ton of airmiles then. We are a family of 6. So 6 flights and 6 7 day tickets to WDW, plus 6 tickets to Universal. Not sure if I can collect that many in 4 years or not. I guess we will see.
I think we are hoping to rent DVC points so we can get a 2 bedroom villa.
Too bad the deals have been terrible so far this month. Hoping for some better deals soon!
Uhm, yup there's no question you can earn enough miles in 4 years! We are only 2 adults in this house and 2017 was a pretty slow year income-wise and we had no real push for any specific item/trip and we managed to snag over 21,000 AM. You have 6 people in your household --- that's a lot more shopping than we do, should be fairly easy. You may need to do some shifting of your purchase habits (and clear some space for storing non-perishables!), take a serious look at doing as much on-line shopping as you can and be sure to follow along with the hunting trip reports here.

DVC units are a great way to stay on-site for a much more reasonable rate and have lots of space to spread out. Don't worry about January being a slow month for deals, traditionally it is much quieter.

Uhm, yup there's no question you can earn enough miles in 4 years! We are only 2 adults in this house and 2017 was a pretty slow year income-wise and we had no real push for any specific item/trip and we managed to snag over 21,000 AM. You have 6 people in your household --- that's a lot more shopping than we do, should be fairly easy. You may need to do some shifting of your purchase habits (and clear some space for storing non-perishables!), take a serious look at doing as much on-line shopping as you can and be sure to follow along with the hunting trip reports here.

DVC units are a great way to stay on-site for a much more reasonable rate and have lots of space to spread out. Don't worry about January being a slow month for deals, traditionally it is much quieter.

Sounds like a plan!

Count us in as fellow Canadians who just don't want to deal with the attitude that comes with travelling especially in this current time. DH told me to start now researching vacations that have nothing to do with the other major North American country.

Oh and Rexall... *sigh*
Apparently the closest one to our house does NOT participate in AirMiles (didn't think you could opt out???)! But it is attached to the hospital as their pharmacy, so I guess they don't need any "outside" business...
I've been following along with the discussions about other vacation spots with great interest. Disney has created an incredibly high bar for my number one worry --- dietary restrictions and how they handle them. I need to be sure before i leave home that i will be able to safely EAT and drink and that is never a concern there. It's simply too expensive to travel in our own country, to say nothing of not being able to lounge in a hammock in January which is hubby's # 1 request.

I didn't think a sponsor store could opt out either but it does say on the Rexall website

Air Miles offer valid at Participating Rexall™ and Rexall™ Pharma Plus locations in the province of Ontario

Looking at the store list and specifically locations that i know are in hospitals and there is no indication if they do or don't offer miles. I know the Shoppers in the hospital i was in every day in December offers Optimum points so not sure why a Rexall wouldn't offer miles :confused3

Flyer links are active in the first post! Mel provided some links above, here are the rest and I've highlighted anything of (what i consider) note

Rexall ON
Rexall West
Sunday is beauty/skin event, spend $50 get 100 AM on those products with lots of those having extra miles as well. Weekend offer - spend $30.00 get a $10 GC Most of the offers in the flyer are pathetic!

Sobeys Atlantic
A bunch of diddly with a massive splash of squat here this week!

Sobeys West
Weekend offer:spend $100 get 100 AM
4 L of Natrel milk $7.49 but 2 get 25 AM
Need a blood sugar monitor? Buy one for $68 and get 200 AM
January drive you to drink? Get 10 X base miles

Foodland Atlantic
WOW, even less that your Sobeys flyer!

Other interesting items
Foodland ON put on a bit too much holiday fluffiness? Buy 2 Weight Watchers bread products $3.49 get 25 AM

Safeway in the west is pretty sparse with AM deals. I went yesterday and didn't even get 1 am as they were out of what I wanted that was on sale! I find the targeted offers from there aren't very good. Thanks, but I already stocked up on that when it was on sale and bonus AM on Blue Friday, so I definitely am not in need of more of that right now, at regular price, for 7 or 5 crappy AM. lol

On the plus side, I've earned 10 AM so far this year. I need those STB bonuses in there, or the AM shop 150 bonus or something to make me feel better about myself. LOL

Mel - glad to see you back, but sad to hear of your awful experience in Cuba! How frustrating when you work so hard and look forward to getting away. :mad:

Anyone else have no threshold spend on load 'n go this week?
I had a spend $40 get 60, which I used Wednesday. January 12th to the 25th, nothing. ☹️. I'm fine with it though as there is no way I can spend that much there every week.

ETA--I got the pink eye drops offer again. That must be going around cause they just keep pushing it.

Ditto, maybe they know something we don't. My eyes have been watering a lot recently but I think I have a touch of a cold. May pick up the Pink Eye drops anyway as it's not a bad thing to have on hand in-case. I will wait until next week to see if anything else pops up (like an email offer etc.)

Ditto, maybe they know something we don't. My eyes have been watering a lot recently but I think I have a touch of a cold. May pick up the Pink Eye drops anyway as it's not a bad thing to have on hand in-case. I will wait until next week to see if anything else pops up (like an email offer etc.)
I have a friend who spent Christmas day in an after hour clinic because Santa left pink eye for all THREE of her kids
upload_2018-1-12_12-40-56.jpeg

no threshold offer or pink eye offer for me either.

I was clearing up a pile of 2017 reciepts and saw quite a few where I spent 55-65$ and earned 250-280 miles. Rexall sure is slipping! Lucky for me, I have a cupboard full of soaps, lotions, etc. I think I’ll be waiting for the better miles before I do much more shopping at Rexall this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter