Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just back from Rexall. I spoke with the cashier about the lack of the spend $30 get 50AM coupon on the receipt (which had been a regular thing all last year). She said one popped up on a receipt on Tuesday (seniors day). Fortunately for me she kept it so I was able to use it my L&G and the email coupon on todays shop. I don't know if this will work every week but it did this week (at my store anyway).
Just back from Rexall and I'm not impressed for several reasons
  • main reason to head out in the drizzle was to get blood work done, the lab is closed for training today
  • didn't have any bus tickets so had to walk downtown and i didn't leave soon enough to miss the start of the rain
  • forgot my list at home and have deleted the Reebee app from my phone so didn't have it there either
  • 2 of the items in my LnG offers were out of stock
  • finally gathered enough stuff to make the threshold ($40.13, yeah!), pulled up my coupon only to have my fav cashier tell me that the coupon didn't seem to be working today
  • headed out to catch the bus to discover that the rain is now freezing on contact -- Duck has a very wet butt and more than a few bruises to prove it!
So, it looks like the wording on the emailed coupon might just be coming true and it will no longer combine with other offers. This store was the first one that wouldn't allow me to use the $5.00 survey coupon with any other coupon so I'm afraid the days of double dipping will soon be over

21698057_10211721441766434_2072066934_n.png

Last edited:
  • main reason to head out in the drizzle was to get blood work done, the lab is closed for training today
  • didn't have any bus tickets so had to walk downtown and i didn't leave soon enough to miss the start of the rain
  • forgot my list at home and have deleted the Reebee app from my phone so didn't have it there either
  • finally gathered enough stuff to make the threshold ($49.13, yeah!), pulled up my coupon only to have my fav cashier tell me that the coupon didn't seem to be working today
  • headed out to catch the bus to discover that the rain is now freezing on contact -- Duck has a very wet butt and more than a few bruises to prove it!
So, it looks like the wording on the emailed coupon might just be coming true and it will no longer combine with other offers. This store was the first one that wouldn't allow me to use the $5.00 survey coupon with any other coupon so I'm afraid the days of double dipping will soon be over

Well that stinks!!! Dry off and have a nice hot cup of tea.

:thanks:Thanks for the information on Cuba resorts. I've been looking, but not a clue as to what would be good. I feel a little more informed now. :thumbsup2

We have been to Cuba a few times and we love it. You really have to do your homework. The resort we like the best with reasonable prices is in Holguin. It's called Brisas Guadalavaca
Hotel_Review-g910832-d1211673-Reviews-or20-Brisas_Guardalavaca_Hotel-Guardalavaca_Holguin_Province_Cuba.html
We have gone to a few places but we like this the best. The number one reason we like it is the location to the beach, it's literally a few steps away. Most resorts in Cuba you have to walk through mangroves and over bridges to get to the water but this was built before new legislation that won't let you disturb mangroves. The other thing that is important to me is that the buffet is indoors and air conditioned, many of the other hotels have open air buffets the birds get in and poop everywhere and it's also really hot when there is no air con. If you want more info just pm me.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that many places in and around the Varadero region of Cuba got hit pretty bad in the fall with Hurricane Irma and they have yet to recover fully. What might have been a wonderful resort in August could now have issues that were not there before the hurricane. I think @bababear_50 mentioned this in her report back from her trip Just fyi...

• finally gathered enough stuff to make the threshold ($40.13, yeah!), pulled up my coupon only to have my fav cashier tell me that the coupon didn't seem to be working today

Awww Ducky so sorry Hon,,Hugs to you.
Maybe a hot toddy would help.

6262592182_11938552a4.jpg

Hugs Mel

I think Rexall is going to suddenly be losing a lot of customers if their Air Miles offers are being depleted.
They will most definitely lose me if the ability to combine offers vanishes because it is a PIA for me to get there! One store is either an hour walk (both directions) or a bus ride --adding another $3.00 to the total (or $6.00 if i make it a round-trip and can't sneak the transfer past the driver :P ) the other 2 are simply not within walking distance and we only have 1 car.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted ... it was a Rexall offer that had me start this thread back in August 2015 -- buy a $50 Visa gift card and get 50 AM PLUS the weekend was a big threshold spend so for $50.00 (plus whatever the activation fee was) i snagged over to 350 AM (yes, my records do go back that far :P )

Sorry Jacqueline - what a lousy day. I haven't gone to Rexall today, mainly because it's too darned cold out here (-21C right now). There really wasn't anything jumping at me from the flyer, so not having any flyer deals IF I go tomorrow won't really bother me. Then again, maybe I *should* go and see if the lady I usually deal with is there, and see if she can tell me anything about what's going on...

Jacqueline does your area have Life Labs?
I just booked my appointment on line for next week--gotta make sure that the thyroid meds are working.Booking this way saves me a ton of time waiting.
I think they might even make home visits. Just checked and home visits are 60.00 Yuck--they charge 60.00 for this--yuck...

http://www.lifelabs.com/patients/Pages/Book-an-appointment.aspx

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
One thing you have to keep in mind is that many places in and around the Varadero region of Cuba got hit pretty bad in the fall with Hurricane Irma and they have yet to recover fully. What might have been a wonderful resort in August could now have issues that were not there before the hurricane. I think @bababear_50 mentioned this in her report back from her trip Just fyi...
People were evacuated to Varadero so I think they were ok there. It was the Cayos that took the brunt of the hurricane. I’ve made friends with some Cubans in that area and their homes were filled with at least 6 feet of water.

People were evacuated to Varadero so I think they were ok there. It was the Cayos that took the brunt of the hurricane. I’ve made friends with some Cubans in that area and their homes were filled with at least 6 feet of water.

Oh so that is why there are so many resorts at discounted prices in the Cayos, like Cayo Santa Maria etc-makes sense.

They will most definitely lose me if the ability to combine offers vanishes because it is a PIA for me to get there! One store is either an hour walk (both directions) or a bus ride --adding another $3.00 to the total (or $6.00 if i make it a round-trip and can't sneak the transfer past the driver :P ) the other 2 are simply not within walking distance and we only have 1 car.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted ... it was a Rexall offer that had me start this thread back in August 2015 -- buy a $50 Visa gift card and get 50 AM PLUS the weekend was a big threshold spend so for $50.00 (plus whatever the activation fee was) i snagged over to 350 AM (yes, my records do go back that far :P )

I can get every single thing that I get at Rexall, cheaper at Walmart. I will do that if I'm not getting a good chunk of Air Miles to compensate. I've yet to hear anyone on this board praise the prices at Rexall.

I was able to use the $5 coupon in a combination today. I spent $46.03 after the $5 off coupon, used the 60 AM mail coupon, 60 AM load and go and a 10 AM for purchasing a Rexall brand supplement. Total AM on the $46 was 132. The coupons weren't questioned at all. I wonder, did your Rexall try and input the coupons or did they just say no and not even try?

I am sorry to hear of all the poor adventures others have had at Rexall since the beginning of the year. I hope they just tighten things up but not close all our loop hole tricks. Rexall is where I earn a lot of my airmiles.

I completely agree with others. They are not the cheapest around for some of the products I purchase. I really like the staff at the store I shop at, they know the Airmiles are a big reason their store is doing as well as it is and they go out of their way to help us earn the miles. (Shoppers Drug Mart less than 1km each direction on the street) Maybe we all need to be a little more vocal about shopping a Rexall because of the airmiles.

I know it won't last forever (I just hope it lasts a little longer).

:sad::sad::sad:

By the way, I almost slipped and fell today. I think I might have sprained my lower back. It’s kind of sore now. Hope you are ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter