Airmiles Armchair Chatter

For those holding out to shop airmilesshops at Old Navy on Black Friday, I see Canadian Tire has 20% off their gift cards on Red Thursday, I don't know what denominations they carry but thought it might help someone. I don't shop there so I'm not even sure if you can use their gift cards online.

Just looking around the Air Miles site, I realized my dream miles are up in the 5-digit range again! Woooo! Now if only I had a goal in mind.

Ah well--I keep letting the balance build and one day I'll have something great to spend them on! My partner and I have talked about visiting Tokyo Disney, and I could get one and a half of us there in the off season right now. Not too shabby.

So, you know the tides are changing in our home, when my husband says as I check this blog "Did you tell them that we reached the 2000 mile target?" LOL

So we did a bunch of offers at Sobeys, signed up for the MC 25 transactions which unfortunately is very easy for us, used a Shell offer today and bought wine at the LCBO this weekend. I am going to use the Rexall $25 offer as a buffer just in case.

For those holding out to shop airmilesshops at Old Navy on Black Friday, I see Canadian Tire has 20% off their gift cards on Red Thursday, I don't know what denominations they carry but thought it might help someone. I don't shop there so I'm not even sure if you can use their gift cards online.

Thanks so much for this! It looks like it's 20% off all Gap Inc. branded gift cards, such as Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic. I shop at all three, and yes, all can be used online!

I'm looking for advice for booking a car rental with airmiles. Do the rates tend to go up or down as your travel dates approach? Should I be booking now for late December or wait? Thanks! We are just renting for a few days of our trip, not the whole trip.

Thanks for the replies re airmilesshops. I did know about the STB coupon, just couldn't remember if there was another offer out there.

Question about the new CDN discount Disney tickets via Airmiles. I think this has been answered before, but just want to confirm. We're all AP holders, but my son's girlfriend is joining us on our Xmas trip and needs tickets. If she gets one of the CDN tickets thru airmiles and wants to upgrade it to a PH, does she lose the discount (i.e. pays to upgrade to a normal basic ticket and then have PH added)? I think people here have said this is the way Disney is working it, but just want to make sure before doing anything.

Thanks for the replies re airmilesshops. I did know about the STB coupon, just couldn't remember if there was another offer out there.

Question about the new CDN discount Disney tickets via Airmiles. I think this has been answered before, but just want to confirm. We're all AP holders, but my son's girlfriend is joining us on our Xmas trip and needs tickets. If she gets one of the CDN tickets thru airmiles and wants to upgrade it to a PH, does she lose the discount (i.e. pays to upgrade to a normal basic ticket and then have PH added)? I think people here have said this is the way Disney is working it, but just want to make sure before doing anything.
If you are going this Christmas, the Canadian offer is still running over the Christmas period. So you should be able to upgrade with the discount intact.

I'm looking for advice for booking a car rental with airmiles. Do the rates tend to go up or down as your travel dates approach? Should I be booking now for late December or wait? Thanks! We are just renting for a few days of our trip, not the whole trip.

Rates tend to go up the closer you get to your trip. If you find a rate you like book it.

If you are going this Christmas, the Canadian offer is still running over the Christmas period. So you should be able to upgrade with the discount intact.

OK, so she should only have to pay the $50 or whatever it is to add park hopper to the ticket?

I've just updated the StB thread to include info about on-line shopping in prep for Black Friday/Cyber Monday so that details don't get lost in the shuffle here -- let me know if i've missed anything important OR if you have any extra tips that i could use myself!!
StB On-line Shopping

I picked up more Ontario Coupon books at the Foodland in Foxboro tonight and there are different coupons from the Coupon book I picked up 14 November at the Rexall in Belleville. They have some of the Sobeys coupons and the Foodland coupons. This is good for people without a home printer.
3 Sobeys coupons added
3 Foodland coupons added
the metro coupon gone
one global pet coupon gone (the 15 bonus air mile coupon)\
the hudson's bay coupon is gone
ace coupon is gone
one rexall coupon is gone
budget is gone

Definitely rates will go up as you get closer, and availability in your vehicle size may even become non existent for your travel dates. Book ASAP!

So my Disney cruise PIF date is tomorrow (or at least that's when airmiles appointment is supposed to call me back...the actual PIF date is a bit later just in case)...I have a whopping 41906 airmiles saving me 4610$ off the cruise. Woohoo! Max I could have earned was 69,000, so I didn't do too shabby. :-) Now I'm wondering if I can accummulate enough before our trip in early March to get that new camera!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter