Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I too show the 1250 added on at Rona on July 21 and then corrected - same date. And I don't even shop at Rona but my airmiles balance remains the same. Whew.

I'm showing the same Rona thing... and my Airmiles have gone up for some reason... I'm so confused! Oh wait, I see what they did... removed my cash AM and put them in my dream. Now I have no cash miles left! omg... this is really really annoying. I was keeping some there in case of the bonus thing, like you know, this weekend at metro where I can use $10 and get back 25AM? I'm going to have to call and be pissed off. Sigh.

Gotta love the Cash AM redemption deals (Metro). Picked up $10 worth of Maestro salami (giving it to my DS) used my cash AM from last winters promotion. $0.00 out of pocket and I get 45AM. It's a good day.

So sorry to hear so many of you are having issues with your accounts. Those of us who haven't yet experienced this will need to keep checking our accounts to make sure we know if the same thing happens to us.

I'm showing the same Rona thing... and my Airmiles have gone up for some reason... I'm so confused! Oh wait, I see what they did... removed my cash AM and put them in my dream. Now I have no cash miles left! omg... this is really really annoying. I was keeping some there in case of the bonus thing, like you know, this weekend at metro where I can use $10 and get back 25AM? I'm going to have to call and be pissed off. Sigh.

Just checked my July statement and this exact same thing has happened in my account. It hasn't affected my totals in any way (+1250+1250-1250). Mega Miles were originally posted July 21 (checked my Spreadsheet) Like others I don't understand why the taking it off AM Bonus and assigning it to RONA. Mine all went through my Dream account though.

Gotta love the Cash AM redemption deals (Metro). Picked up $10 worth of Maestro salami (giving it to my DS) used my cash AM from last winters promotion. $0.00 out of pocket and I get 45AM. It's a good day.

Just checked my July statement and this exact same thing has happened in my account. It hasn't affected my totals in any way (+1250+1250-1250). Mega Miles were originally posted July 21 (checked my Spreadsheet) Like others I don't understand why the taking it off AM Bonus and assigning it to RONA. Mine all went through my Dream account though.

I'm on a chat and they can't figure it out. Also on hold for 30 minutes to speak to someone just in case. We'll see what they do. It's annoying! She's trying to say that because I collect all Dream miles they took the cash to "help" me out... I guess if I didn't want to actually use the few cash miles I have it might be nice, get more in the Dream account. Now she's switched me to 100% cash for some reason. I hope just to sort this out because Grr... if my balances aren't back to what they should be I don't know what I'll do! And I'm missing out on cupcakes at work now... :(

Sorry so many are having issues with their accounts right now. :(

My news is a little better. My miles from last week's Blue Friday have posted (I didn't try very hard, but I did pick up a few hundred miles, mostly on pasta). That should push me over the threshold for Onyx when they do the next update. So... yay!

Honestly I'm not sure it matters very much to me. Aside from maybe the occasional Onyx-only special offer, I don't see much in the benefits that I will use. But it's a milestone, I guess, and not one I would have ever imagined I'd reach if you asked me a year ago. Thanks to all who contribute to this thread!

Apparently the issue is not easy to fix. The lady I chatted with is going to work on it, and talk to a supervisor to see if they can do it without switching me to all cash, which takes a day to come into effect, then put the AM back in my cash balance, then switch me back to Dream like I should be, which will take a day to come into effect, so by the weekend I should be able to shop and have the AM go where they are supposed to... how annoying! all for some kind of screw up? that they did and can't even explain? Now it means I have to take kiddo shopping with me this weekend... At least my friend kept a cupcake for me! :)

What a PIA for all of those who have been caught by this stupid accounting problem on THEIR end, not ours.

I'll just put out here how i keep track of my miles ... a lesson learned a looong time ago when i had to chase down a significant amount. I go into my transactions and pull up the entire year and then hit the "print this page" button and toggle my printer destination to "save as PDF" & plunk it down on my desktop. Whenever there is a change in my account i pull up that document and cross off items that have posted properly. This gives me a hard-ish copy of my account that i can refer to when needed. I do this at the end of every month. I also keep every single receipt that enters this house (including those stupid dollar store ones!) so that i can stay on top of the budget -- the AM related ones stay on my desk until they post. Any AM related e-mail go into my AM folder edited with comments if they pertain to miles that will post later, separate folder to stick my on-line shopping e-mails, flagged for the last date they have to credit the miles. If there are ever any booklet/flyer/coupons i make sure to grab extras for proof. I have a bookmark folder where i save all the webpages with the FAQs & Terms & Conditions -- they remain active forever it seems! -- and i take screen shots of the offers that change regularly. AND a big help lately is the fact that i use a distinctive font when posting on the DISboards so i can easily search for any of my posts!

AS with anything you read on Social Media take this post and do with it as you will, YMMV. You may find it a tad (or more than even!) obsessive but it has saved me on more than one occasion. Those miles are hard to come by so i track them with care!

I'm on a chat and they can't figure it out. Also on hold for 30 minutes to speak to someone just in case. We'll see what they do. It's annoying! She's trying to say that because I collect all Dream miles they took the cash to "help" me out... I guess if I didn't want to actually use the few cash miles I have it might be nice, get more in the Dream account. Now she's switched me to 100% cash for some reason. I hope just to sort this out because Grr... if my balances aren't back to what they should be I don't know what I'll do! And I'm missing out on cupcakes at work now... :(

Yup, that is what they said to me too. Helping me out. Right.

I told them to put my 4 dream miles back in pronto. I like to keep a few for those 1 air miles movie premiers, etc.

Yup, that is what they said to me too. Helping me out. Right.

I told them to put my 4 dream miles back in pronto. I like to keep a few for those 1 air miles movie premiers, etc.

I know! I was kind of mad. Now I'm not sure. I have the 116 AM back in my cash account. They did not remove them (yet) from my dream account. I'll wait and see what happens. I'd be happy to accept the 116 AM as compensation for my stress and time wasted though!

I do keep track of every AM now though. It's all at home and I'm at work. But I didn't want to wait until later. I used to just trust it would all end up ok but now that I'm saving for things in particular, I like to keep a running tally :)

Thanks for the tip Donald. I am generally pretty on top of reconciling my account but I haven't yet printed off a hard copy of the previous month. Seeing what they have just done (backdating corrections (?)) I think I will add that to my little list of AM things I do.

These AM are too important to my holiday plans (timing is everything).

OH BOY
So I had a brief conversation--via chat--I truly think they need to do some re-training. I was not in the mood to be patronized and humoured. Airmiles needs to realize that people take their airmiles seriously.
My time is money and when I do surveys the airmiles are NOT free I worked for them.
I want my cash airmiles put back and don't need them to tell me they are helping me by moving my points around--crap that is what the preference meter is for.
Ok little irritated rant over.
Hugs Mel

Are they going to move them back for you?

I have to admit they probably thought I didn't want my Cash AM from the promotion last December (and I didn't). If they had issued them to me as Dream AM I would have been very happy. They did however issue them as Cash and I have come up with a game plan to use them all up (like the Metro deal that's on this week). If they had touched my AM Dream or Cash I would be livid with them.

I will never understand what the people in power at Airmiles are thinking. (I'm still stewing about my flights home from Orlando next May, cheaper to fly Orlando-Ottawa-Toronto than to fly Orlando-(Toronto or Montreal)-Ottawa, and I can't even get the Orlando-Ottawa portion of the Orlando-Ottawa-Toronto flight at any price)

Just now getting around to checking my e-mail from the day and discovered this little thing
View attachment 268068
Book your hotel thru the Travel Hub and earn bonus miles! Now if only we had enough money to actually GO somewhere (having our sole source of advertising down for almost a month really put a crimp in our budget!)
Airmiles Travel Hub

***edited to add, thanks for all the well wishes. I'll just spend some extra time finishing up the last of the frozen goodies tomorrow cause you know, ice cream is good for EVERYTHING
I book through the hub all the time and have had no issue getting whatever the current bonus is. Tried to book a hotel today for next week and the 200 bonus miles show, but when I log into my account to actually book the 200 bonus miles do not show up(I have not booked this current promotion ) anyone having the same result?

Just off the phone with airmiles in regards to moving my airmiles back from dream to cash. I had two great c/s reps and will be getting a phone call back from the second one. Bottom line on my account is they ran a system correction last night withdrawing July 21 megamiles promo and reposted it under Rona (no idea why, someone messed up and megamiles is now posted in their system as a Rona promo). So it looks like the system tried to reverse out 1250 dream miles since my setting is 100% dream, I only had 389 dream miles, so it took 389 dream miles and 861 cash miles. When they reposted last night under Rona, system read that I was at 100% dream miles so redeposited the 1250 back as dream miles instead of the split it removed them at.

So bottom line: still waiting for the cash miles, talked to an intelligent problem solver and understand what went wrong. Outstanding also is that the promo is now posted as Rona (I'm sure Rona won't be thrilled to pay for the whole promo) so stay tuned for more changes.

I have to admit they probably thought I didn't want my Cash AM from the promotion last December (and I didn't). If they had issued them to me as Dream AM I would have been very happy. They did however issue them as Cash and I have come up with a game plan to use them all up (like the Metro deal that's on this week). If they had touched my AM Dream or Cash I would be livid with them.

I will never understand what the people in power at Airmiles are thinking. (I'm still stewing about my flights home from Orlando next May, cheaper to fly Orlando-Ottawa-Toronto than to fly Orlando-(Toronto or Montreal)-Ottawa, and I can't even get the Orlando-Ottawa portion of the Orlando-Ottawa-Toronto flight at any price)

They are going to review my account and I should see them back in tomorrow.
Thank goodness I cashed out 475 airmiles for a cineplex movie e-voucher and 475 airmiles for a starbucks e-voucher early last night.
I am going to be watching my account alittle better from now on.
Hugs
Mel

I am glad they sorted mine out. I think. At least the cash ones are back.

Regarding flights, when we were coming home from Orlando on Sept 3, direct to Ottawa, people got bumped. It was somewhat strange to me since the couple they bumped were going to Toronto, through Ottawa. And the direct to Toronto flight left about an hour before us.

Just off the phone with airmiles in regards to moving my airmiles back from dream to cash. I had two great c/s reps and will be getting a phone call back from the second one. Bottom line on my account is they ran a system correction last night withdrawing July 21 megamiles promo and reposted it under Rona (no idea why, someone messed up and megamiles is now posted in their system as a Rona promo). So it looks like the system tried to reverse out 1250 dream miles since my setting is 100% dream, I only had 389 dream miles, so it took 389 dream miles and 861 cash miles. When they reposted last night under Rona, system read that I was at 100% dream miles so redeposited the 1250 back as dream miles instead of the split it removed them at.

So bottom line: still waiting for the cash miles, talked to an intelligent problem solver and understand what went wrong. Outstanding also is that the promo is now posted as Rona (I'm sure Rona won't be thrilled to pay for the whole promo) so stay tuned for more changes.

That would explain things. But wow, did they mess up on this one! I imagine a lot of people won't even notice. I'm waiting to see what my final balances are. They moved the AM back to my cash but didn't deduct them from dream... mind you I'd be happy if they let me keep the extras ha ha. But I'm sure that would come back to bite me at some point!

The lady I chatted with ended up calling me because it was too hard to explain in writing. She mentioned the "safeway/sobeys thing from out west" in passing. I was glad to see the AM posted properly a little later, so she won't need to call me back.

Can anyone tell me what airlines fly direct from Ottawa to Orlando? What airlines fly direct from Toronto to Orlando? I'm trying to think ahead for some bookings we will need next fall.

Can anyone tell me what airlines fly direct from Ottawa to Orlando? What airlines fly direct from Toronto to Orlando? I'm trying to think ahead for some bookings we will need next fall.

I flew Air Canada direct Ottawa to Orlando in August. They only had flights Saturday and Sunday during the summer. I think they expand in November or December for the winter, through to the end of April. Only one flight a day. Wesjet does have direct flights as well during winter I believe, not sure how often. They have changed their schedules significantly from when I went two years ago.

google.ca/flights is a good place to check, you can tell it you only want to see the direct flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!