Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Went on my shopping trip this afternoon, got 69 AM at Metro, 37 at Sobeys, and the Rexall I was going to go to had red tape up all around it and looked rather closed... so I guess I'll be going there another day! I wanted to get some stuff, and hopefully use a Load N Go to get that 50AM bonus. Another day I guess.

Today was FP day for my August trip and I got everything we wanted, very excited about that, even FOP that kiddo isn't interested in right now. I thought I'd better grab it just in case, it'll be easier to swap that one out for something else if I need to. Now to get more AM so I can get flights or hotels for our next cruise. I also got 11 AM at Shell, and there was a guy there trying to get people to sign up for the BMO Mastercard... I have too many credit cards now lol, but it was tempting! I was lucky at Shell, it had just rolled down to 99.9 cents, good timing!

WaySpa Gift Card
buy a 50.00 gift card and get 70 bonus airmiles.

Just to throw a wrench into this, I us WaySpa Gift Cards all the time however I purchase mine from Costco. Its $74.99 for $100.00. Just a thought. For me, its a better deal.

Also, just made another stop at Rexall. Bought 12 of the Lindt Chocolate Bars that were 3 for $10, buy 3 get 10 AM. I bought my favorite flavor (with sea salt) and managed to get the $2 off coupon on each one. I also used the $10 GC they gave me yesterday so the total of the 12 bars ended up being $8.08 and I racked up 40 AM. I love a good deal.

Someone on the Disney Airmiles facebook page posted a copy of the Safeway flyer for next week - IT'S BLUE FRIDAY!! :cool1:

So, I've spent the past hour making my lists! Some of the print is fuzzy, but for the most part it's looking like I'll be able to put through 3 orders totaling $344.71 (excl. tax & deposits), and 1330 airmiles.

Just to throw a wrench into this, I us WaySpa Gift Cards all the time however I purchase mine from Costco. Its $74.99 for $100.00. Just a thought. For me, its a better deal.

Also, just made another stop at Rexall. Bought 12 of the Lindt Chocolate Bars that were 3 for $10, buy 3 get 10 AM. I bought my favorite flavor (with sea salt) and managed to get the $2 off coupon on each one. I also used the $10 GC they gave me yesterday so the total of the 12 bars ended up being $8.08 and I racked up 40 AM. I love a good deal.
Not a wrench at all, it is good information. Just because there are AM attached to something doesnt always make sense to buy it. Unless its pickles.:rotfl::rotfl:

Not a wrench at all, it is good information. Just because there are AM attached to something doesnt always make sense to buy it. Unless its pickles.:rotfl::rotfl:

HAHAHAHA:rotfl2:no kidding, I was walking down the aisles of the store yesterday wishing I had bought more!!!!!

I also wish I had bought more pickles...

Rexall has some great deals, and the bonus AM is spend $75 get 150, or spend $50 and get 75. Not too many other bonuses I can see, but some good prices with a lot of buy 1 get 1 for ... between 5 cents and $2 The bonus AM are Friday to Sunday. I wonder what the Monday to Thursday deal will be and which will be better.

I've got to say I'm not too upset that there aren't any great AM deals this weekend. My freezer is going down slowly (need to have people over to eat more food and create room) and I don't think there is anything else I could possibly purchase at Rexall. A week off the hunt is necessary so it's a good thing it's a slow week.

Happy Canada Day weekend everyone!

OT but AM related....I am finally using my Cineplex Escape certificate to see Despicable Me 3...went to the theatre to redeem my certificates for opening night on Friday and the cashier told me that they are actually showing it tomorrow night so we redeemed our certificate for tomorrow night's screening....since it is in an AVX theatre it cost an additional $3 per ticket....not too bad for 2 people to see a new movie with a popcorn and 2 drinks for $6 plus 1 AM!!!!!

For those not too far from Quebec, Jean Coutu has 20x AM on almost everything if spending 50$+ (base offer is 1AM/15$) Friday-Sunday only.

Just got this message on my daughter's Load and Go app (not on mine yet):

"This app will only be accessible until August 24, 2017. You'll find your offers in the new Air Miles App!".

Has anyone else gotten this? One less app to keep track of I guess...

ETA - I signed out of my app then signed back in and got the same message.

Just got this message on my daughter's Load and Go app (not on mine yet):

"This app will only be accessible until August 24, 2017. You'll find your offers in the new Air Miles App!".

Has anyone else gotten this? One less app to keep track of I guess...

ETA - I signed out of my app then signed back in and got the same message.
Hubby had both APPs on his phone and within days deleted the AM one because and i quote "it's a memory hog and won't work without location turned on" He is obsessed with his privacy and sets everything he can to "nope, no way, you can't know where i am right now" I don't have a smartphone (yet) and hope this won't mean we will be blocked from some offers. Hope i will still be able to see my offers while on-line until i DO get my new phone sometime in September.

UGH - DH is insisting on a rush trip to Rexall ASAP for some stuff he needs - I can persuade him to wait until tomorrow. Any coupons/deals to look for? Anything coupons to clip/things to sign up for? I still feel Rexall-ed out but he says he can't wait and I prefer to roll it into a $30-$50 spend for some decent airmiles. And of course, not much time to plan :(

UGH - DH is insisting on a rush trip to Rexall ASAP for some stuff he needs - I can persuade him to wait until tomorrow. Any coupons/deals to look for? Anything coupons to clip/things to sign up for? I still feel Rexall-ed out but he says he can't wait and I prefer to roll it into a $30-$50 spend for some decent airmiles. And of course, not much time to plan :(
The new flyer doesn't start till tomorrow BUT the bonus miles you can get with the current coupon (Spend $50.00 get 110 AM) is better anyway. I haven't had a chance to look at the new flyer though so i don't know if individual bonuses are better or not.

Check the first post for the 2 current coupons.

I need Rolaids. I see Rexall has them buy one get one $2 but I don't feel like getting sucked into Rexall this week. :)

Yay I got the 50AM Thanks For Shopping At Rexall.

Do you think this was a promo specifically because they are ending the Load & Go app?

Our Foodland is closing, and yesterday everything in the store was 50% off. I bought some things and then came home and reorganized my pantry and my storage shelves (in the cold room). There is not a thing that I need, nor have a place for, except milk, fresh veggies and fruit, and bread (that I'll buy at the bread store as I need it for the next little while). The only thing that I will be enticed to buy are Sobey's gift cards if/when that deal comes out. I even have my birthday gifts bought for the next little while. Air Miles collecting is grinding to a halt. I'll be watching to see what does come up and revel in your successes, though. Go Air Miles Peeps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!