Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I received a correction email on the AM's BMO offer I received. The original, which I posted earlier, said I would receive 40 AM's but it really didn't clarify what I had to do. Now the correction said I need to spend $750 on my MC to get those 40 AM's. I did the last 'spend $750, get 40 AM' and that was only last week so I don't see spending another $750 in a one week period this time for what amounts to $4. Not going to happen.
Anyone else get a correction email on their offer?

I got the same offer as you but it was stated correctly in the email I got. I wish this had been last week when DH ordered $1100 in car parts. This week we won’t spend that much and not going out of my way for 40 AM. I opted in just in case we by chance make it.

I've been thinking about it for awhile, but torn between the Google and Amazon versions, amazon has some really good deals on and seem to have a lot more options. I have a Nest lock on the front door and want one of those doorbell cameras so bad... if I can also talk to the person with it. Perhaps I will look at it again, it was 968 AM for the mini, which seems like a lot to me. with the 150 back it's like $86 for one, seems high. And that's with my Onyx discount.
Yes, you can talk with people through the nest doorbell. I have the app on my phone so I can see and talk to them from anywhere. As I mentioned, I also have a google with the screen in my kitchen and can do the same from that. I can have it watch the door all the time if I want.

I had the Sobeys offer of 95 AM for any purchase and I did it yesterday at Foodland. Its out of the way but I happened to be passing so I stopped. Receipt shows bonus 95 AM.
just received a new Sobeys email and when I open it the 95 AM offer is still showing. Anyone have this happen before? Not that I will be back there but curious.

I had the Sobeys offer of 95 AM for any purchase and I did it yesterday at Foodland. Its out of the way but I happened to be passing so I stopped. Receipt shows bonus 95 AM.
just received a new Sobeys email and when I open it the 95 AM offer is still showing. Anyone have this happen before? Not that I will be back there but curious.
Yes I had the offer last week and it still shows this week even though it shows on my airmiles from Sobeys from last week. I was worried because I had an offer earn 100 miles over a 2 week period and earn ?? miles and I needed it to make that limit. I will see today if I get the offer again because I am going shopping today and it is still on my offer.

Yes I had the offer last week and it still shows this week even though it shows on my airmiles from Sobeys from last week. I was worried because I had an offer earn 100 miles over a 2 week period and earn ?? miles and I needed it to make that limit. I will see today if I get the offer again because I am going shopping today and it is still on my offer.
Curious how you made out.

juniorbugman said:
Curious how you made out.

Nope just my regular spend $125 get 30 miles so I guess even though it still shows up on my account it really was redeemed. My offers haven't shown up in the redeemed section of my account since July 23 even though they have shown up on my receipt and on my air miles account. Oh well it was a nice thought that it would have happened.

I went to Sobeys to pick up a couple of items this morning and the spend anything get 25 airmiles did post on my bill for a second time. (It posted last week once).
It is still sitting in my offers and has not flipped over to redeemed offers yet.
I think this may be a fluke.

Hugs
Mel

I went to Sobeys to pick up a couple of items this morning and the spend anything get 25 airmiles did happen on my bill for a second time. (It posted last week once).
It is still sitting in my offers and has not flipped over to redeemed offers yet.
I think this may be a fluke.

Hugs
Mel
Lucky you - I did try and make 2 purchases yesterday because I know that the get 25 miles doesn't combine with my normal spend $125 get 30. My second purchase didn't create any air miles (of course my big purchases on that bill were lottery tickets) but I did buy a bag of ice but it didn't work.

Lucky you - I did try and make 2 purchases yesterday because I know that the get 25 miles doesn't combine with my normal spend $125 get 30. My second purchase didn't create any air miles (of course my big purchases on that bill were lottery tickets) but I did buy a bag of ice but it didn't work.

So sorry Hon
but at least you tried.
Better luck next time:flower3:
Hugs
Mel

Not sure if this will apply to anyone but thought I would share.
We had AM Universal tickets that we used last October. I switched mine to an AP to get the discounts that were on offer (hotel, food, purchases) and paid the extra to do so. With Universal being shut down for three months they had extended everyone's AP by three months which made mine expire Jan. 23rd, 2021. There is no way we will get to Florida before then so I just called and asked what I could do, was there a partial refund available or something else they could do.
They were really very nice and after being passed to customer service the agent put my AP on freeze until I needed to use it again. She gave me a reference number and when I go back I just need to take the pass and the reference number to customer service and they will reactivate it for me and I will have the remaining 6 months back. There is no time frame for which this has to be done, it is good forever according to her.
I know some had been talking about getting AP's when there, so if you do have one and want to extend it you may want to give them a call. I wasn't sure if we would be back before it expired even before the Covid came about so this is a bonus.

I decided to do a clean-up of outstanding miles before MM starts on Thursday. That meant spending far too much time at my "real computer" on the 3rd floor of an un-air-conditioned house on a day that is already stifling hot & muggy. I knew I was missing some miles from an online transaction waaay back in early April for a desk that hubby needed to get for his co-op student so she could work from home (she's since gone home to Ottawa because she was home sick so the dang thing wasn't really used and we need to get it out of her apartment soon 🤦‍♀️) It came from Staples and while i got the base miles directly from them I got nothing from the online portal. I really wanted to do it though because other than miles from our credit cards and the tons of surveys I've been doing, my account is pretty dismal.

15 minutes later there's an extra 98 miles in my account! She even found a promo I wasn't aware I'd missed!!

I was able to snag some Am yesterday at Safeway. I haven't found items that we eat with Am attached to them...but I found a couple in the flyer. I spent just over 50.00 and scored 112 Am. That included 8 bags of chips ( thank god for teenage boys who are always grazing ) a spend threshold of spend 40.00 get 15 AM. But now we are set for fishing on the next couple weekends with chips and ham sticks to munch on in the boat. It just felt good to get some AM again.

I see I have a Safeway offer of buy anything get 190 AM's. We don't have a Safeway anywhere near, not even sure where the closest one would be. Is there another store that excepts this? Say like the way Foodland and Sobeys have the same offers?
Only have 3 days to use it so just wondering. I could purchase an apple to get $20 worth of points, lol.

I see I have a Safeway offer of buy anything get 190 AM's. We don't have a Safeway anywhere near, not even sure where the closest one would be. Is there another store that excepts this? Say like the way Foodland and Sobeys have the same offers?
Only have 3 days to use it so just wondering. I could purchase an apple to get $20 worth of points, lol.
Open the offer up as much as possible to read the terms & conditions. I'll show you the one I have for comparison, the email came from Sobey's and said I'd get 25 miles for buying anything but when i look in my offers it shows up with all of the stores listed. YES, you could buy a single apple and walk out with 190 miles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter