Airmiles Armchair Chatter

since I consider this my happy, safe place and that we're a family of sorts I thought I'd share a before and after picture with you! I posted my charming Facebook profile pictures here and my Canada day picture in that thread and since those all generate comments about how nice my hair is I wanted to show the reality of 17 weeks of growth of very curly hair!
here I was on Canada day after I took the crap out that keeps my hair looking civilized
View attachment 506819
and here I am after finally getting shorn!
View attachment 506824
Personally, I think you look amazing either way.

since I consider this my happy, safe place and that we're a family of sorts I thought I'd share a before and after picture with you! I posted my charming Facebook profile pictures here and my Canada day picture in that thread and since those all generate comments about how nice my hair is I wanted to show the reality of 17 weeks of growth of very curly hair!
here I was on Canada day after I took the crap out that keeps my hair looking civilized
View attachment 506819
and here I am after finally getting shorn!
View attachment 506824
Your pre cut look is really nice. You obviously have someone cutting it that knows how to cut curly hair in order for it to grow out nicely. That is not a skill that every stylist has. I’m willing to bet that you thought it was dreadful looking....and it was driving you batty. Even though it doesn’t look like a lot of hair, it is...in particular when you keep it short.
That after cut looks really nice too!!! Feel like you’ve lost 10 pounds?

Should I call Air Canada and Air Miles and cancel my flights now or wait until closer to December? We already decided to postpone until December 2021. I am dreading being put on hold for hours to be honest.

Should I call Air Canada and Air Miles and cancel my flights now or wait until closer to December? We already decided to postpone until December 2021. I am dreading being put on hold for hours to be honest.

I'm in the same boat,, my flights are with WestJet
Dec 18-25th.
I already canceled the resort but I am going to wait it out closer to Dec to cancel the flights..
I want that money in a westjet dollars account and NOT in a travel bank that expires in 2 years..
Although what guarantee do I have that they will still be in business and able to honor my WestJet dollars?
Ah life ..............
Hugs and hope you have good luck with Air Canada.
Mel

If you booked your flights through Airmiles you will have to go through them to do the cancellation. Air Canada won't talk to you about your flights as Airmiles is the agent that booked for you.

Do you have insurance that will give you anything back if you were to cancel right now. If not, wait and see what fate brings down the road.

Technically you can fly now but have to quarantine upon return. I’m wondering if airlines are going to start saying they won’t refund or offer credit since you can “technically“ go . I wouldn’t put it past them.
That is what is happening from what news stories I have seen most recently. Even inter-provincial travel is being affected now:
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/halifax-man-walks-off-flight-133112504.html
"He assumed the flight would only have passengers from within the Atlantic region. ....
"It was not until I was physically on the plane that I realized I was with a lot of people from all over Canada … [they] were all discussing their isolation strategies," Power said.
When he asked the flight attendants and gate staff about being in close contact with people who would need to self-isolate, he said he was met with an "indifferent shrug."
So, he got off the plane.
Power said he doubts he was exposed to the virus, but he immediately drove himself to a COVID-19 assessment centre in Dartmouth."

Your pre cut look is really nice. You obviously have someone cutting it that knows how to cut curly hair in order for it to grow out nicely. That is not a skill that every stylist has. I’m willing to bet that you thought it was dreadful looking....and it was driving you batty. Even though it doesn’t look like a lot of hair, it is...in particular when you keep it short.
thank you! Yes, my stylist is a gem and if she ever leaves I'll be heartbroken. She takes a maximum of 15 minutes from start to finish and it always looks the same (I did ask for it to be cut much, much, much shorter just before lockdown though!) I wash it and go in with it still damp because there's just sooo much hair the spray bottle does nothing! I've had some deplorable cuts over the years, had someone once tell me the person who had done my last perm needed to go back to school (said I'd take it up with them when I get to heaven "oh sorry they died" me: no. God gave me the perm 🤭), people who try to "style it" urgh, just cut it so it looks the same length all over please, I wash and towel dry, then use my fingers to scrunch the curls and that's all I want to do!

thank you! Yes, my stylist is a gem and if she ever leaves I'll be heartbroken. She takes a maximum of 15 minutes from start to finish and it always looks the same (I did ask for it to be cut much, much, much shorter just before lockdown though!) I wash it and go in with it still damp because there's just sooo much hair the spray bottle does nothing! I've had some deplorable cuts over the years, had someone once tell me the person who had done my last perm needed to go back to school (said I'd take it up with them when I get to heaven "oh sorry they died" me: no. God gave me the perm 🤭), people who try to "style it" urgh, just cut it so it looks the same length all over please, I wash and towel dry, then use my fingers to scrunch the curls and that's all I want to do!
Yes well my hairstylist is still ill with Covid and now we noticed that their shop location is up for lease so I am on the look out for a new hairstylist. The person who cut hair there and did the highlights is working from her home so I may try her out. My friend is thinking of going to her so I will see how it goes first then make up my mind. It may be better the person you know right now then trying out somebody new. I heard that you have to wash your hair at home now and they don't blow dry it for you just get a basic cut.
Yours did a great job and I too was lucky that I had my hair cut just before the lockdown began.

Went to Sobeys to get a few things. Somehow spent way more than planned... but I earned 192 AM so I guess that's ok? The chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is fabulous! Also got plain vanilla for the boy.

I need to cut my hair again soon I think, and change up the colour. I will probably just do it myself again though, I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Time for a bit of opinion gathering here gang. We've come to the conclusion that travelling too far from home is out of the question for us until probably 2022 since we can only go during January due to hubby's work schedule and there's no way we'll feel comfortable flying in just 6 months. Add in that unless my diet widens a LOT in the next few months, Disney is still the only place I'll be able to go and eat and 2022 will be the earliest.

SO, what opinion do i want? How to use my miles!! My vacuum has decided it would rather be a noise machine and has lost it's taste for dust bunnies so I've decided I'll "splurge" and get a Dyson. I mean I would NEVER spend that much to buy something that is sole purpose is more housework!

I've narrowed it down to 2 and I'm wondering, which one sucks the most (hee-hee, see what i did there??!!??] We have no pets and a combination of carpeting and hardwood flooring
This one
OR this one?

AND then i stumbled across this as well and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on if it will work for sterilizing masks??
https://rewards.airmiles.ca/merchan...v-clean-pop-up-phone-sanitizer---black/111968

I can answer the Dyson question. The animal version just has a bunch of other attachments that you won't need if you don't have pets. All Dyson vacuums have similar cleaning abilities. (at least in my experience) My neighbours have a Dyson stick and it works well if you don't have all lot of carpets to do.

I've had a Dyson for years. I like that it can be taken apart for cleaning etc. I can also say from personal experience that their customer service is good. Broke a hose (early on) and they sent me a new one, no questions.

I love my cordless Dyson. I found the ones with the ball were too big and heavy for the stairs.

I got a cordless recently too, and I love it! It would be my vote too. So much more convenient, it has great power, and works well on all our floors (carpet, hardwood, tile).

But like you, @Donald - my hero , I got it through points! We put some of my wife’s credit card points towards some house stuff earlier in the pandemic. If air miles has stick vacuums, I would do some research and see if it’ll work for you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts