Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I needed to spend another ~~$50 on my MasterCard to complete my one & only Bonus Bust offer and didn't want to head to a grocery store today with all the "OMG tomorrow's a holiday, everything's closed, i better shop !" crazed shoppers. Headed to Metro after dinner last night and the stock was TERRIBLE! Worse that mid-March, dairy section was almost empty, I was only able to get 2 of the 6 bags of milk I'll need for the next 2 weeks, no fresh chicken or steaks that I would feel safe feeding to a stray doggie, lots of bananas but they were so green and hard i doubt they'd be edible, no dishwasher soap (seriously?!?!) - only use 1 type - taters were either from USA or soggy, i was beyond frustrated! Still ended up paying over $80 and getting a piddly 12 miles.
HOWEVER they did have lots of the Ontario Strawberries that are on sale for $3.97, they were a tad over-ripe but for what i needed them for they were PERFECT! Made one batch and have berries, cleaned and squooshed, vacuum sealed & frozen ready to make a second batch once the jars are empty again!jam.jpg

I went to Sobeys and Foodland. I was able to double dip on my get 95 AM on spending anything loaded offer. However, the Bonus Boom on using the 95 Cash Miles is not posted on the receipt. Is this right or will I have to chase the AM later? I think I am going to fill gas at Shell now so I don’t have to do that tomorrow.

Happy AM hunting!

I went to Sobeys today to do the bonus boom for my Mom's card. The air miles for the Liptons Tea posted but I wasn't able to cash in the 95 miles because her card was locked. Aaargh now I have to go back tonight and spend $10 to get those points. I know the bonus boom is only 95 miles in total but now we have done 2 of the offers so it would be a waste to not do a third offer.

@AngelDisney , I haven't had any of the bonus offers post on my receipts. Cash AM at Sobeys is easy to prove. Shell always comes through but they take their time. Gatorade at Sobeys didn't show on receipt. I've made notes on my spreadsheet.

If I have to chase these offers I won't be a happy camper about doing their little Bonus Boom. Then again maybe that's what they are hoping for and won't have to post the bonus for anyone who doesn't call and follow up.

I went to Sobeys today to do the bonus boom for my Mom's card. The air miles for the Liptons Tea posted but I wasn't able to cash in the 95 miles because her card was locked. Aaargh now I have to go back tonight and spend $10 to get those points. I know the bonus boom is only 95 miles in total but now we have done 2 of the offers so it would be a waste to not do a third offer.

I went back to Sobey's tonight and got the iced tea for my account - 15 miles posted on receipt and cashed in the 95 miles on my Mom's account so both accounts done. Shell, Sobeys, Sobeys for both cards. I am going to do a AirMiles Shoppes order for Chapters because 1- there is 5x air miles and 2 - chapters is giving bonus points on books. Also starting July 1st I should be getting my birthday bonus offer. I may do an Amazon order as well to earn the 50 bonus miles for Bonus Boom for shopping online.

i got some gas today so we'll see what that does. i was too busy sanitizing everything afterwards to pay attention to the receipt haha
it is so weird to have people staring at you all the time when you're wearing a mask. it's terrible if you already have anxiety LOL Practice for Disney, I say!

We've flipped to yet another month and that meant time to change my Facebook profile picture from my Pride one back to what it normally is, with a tiny twist :P
here's what it was until just after midnight

And here's what it looks like now -- prolly leave it like this for a very long time since i'm not sure when it will be safe to head out with a nakid face! Good grief, i REALLY need a haircut -- I'll be putting up a picture tomorrow of me patriotically masked and holy hair batman!!

I did my shopping list for Sobeys
going to pre buy a $100.00 Sobeys gift card at Shell for an extra 20 airmiles.

My list 30 bags of chips
total cost
$79.80
Total airmiles = 450/ plus 20 from the gift card=470.
I will keep 10 for sons and family and donate 20 bags to the Food Pantry.

Those magnum ice cream bars look tempting.............................:rolleyes1
$4.99 x 2=20 airmiles. (3 bars in each pk.).

Hugs
Mel

finally a mini blue friday, and safeway employees here just voted for a strike!

not a chance am i crossing a picket line...oh air miles, you’re so close and yet so far...
i understand totally! i did not enjoy dealing with the Safeway employees the last few times I have been in. everyone has been in a crap mood. I highly doubt they would be cheery about me shopping, if they were on strike outside the building.

Mini Rant
Here is a new one for the books.
Did you know if you lock your cash account that the Airmiles for your purchase won't show up on the receipt? (Never heard of something so stupid)........
I returned all 30 bags of chips and waited for the Manager to arrive.
I told her I have heard some of the biggest excuses for Airmiles not posting and was fed up.
She said are you calling us liars?,,,,I said no but Airmiles is.
I said listen if the flyer doesn't go live till 8 am or if the manager has to manually start the airmiles at their store or whatever that is fine but STOP telling people that they will get their airmiles in 2 weeks when that is false information.
Well low and behold we re rang them in at 8:01 am. and all the miles turned up on the receipt.
What a morning.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!