Airmiles Armchair Chatter

1713533918743.png

Terms & Conditions​

*This offer is part of the ‘Flash Offers, More Miles’ promotion. Eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card holders can opt in to this offer available from April 19-21, 2024 to qualify for up to 200 AIR MILES Bonus Miles. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer. Only the recipient of the offer invitation qualifies for this offer. Offer valid from April 19, 2024 until 11:59pm EST on April 21, 2024. Collectors will get 100 AIR MILES Bonus Miles when they opt in for this offer and make an eligible purchase of $20 (or more) in a single transaction at Metro or purchase a minimum of 30 L of fuel (in a single transaction) at Shell from April 19-21, 2024 using their eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card. Opting in to the offer is required before making the eligible purchase(s) using the BMO AIR MILES credit card and presenting your AIR MILES collector card/number at the time of purchase. Metro spend eligibility: Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Minimum eligible purchase must be spent in a single transaction before tax within the offer period and excludes tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. Shell spend eligibility: Valid on purchases of any fuel type at participating Shell locations (including Flying J locations). Minimum eligible purchase must be in a single transaction. AIR MILES collector card/number must be presented at the time of the purchase. This offer is for single (one time) use only. Offer can be combined with other Bonus Miles offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the bonus offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to collector account. Qualifying purchases must be made with an eligible BMO AIR MILES credit card. Eligible cards include: BMO AIR MILES®† World Elite®* Mastercard®*, BMO® AIR MILES®† Business Mastercard®* and BMO®† AIR MILES® World Elite®* Business Mastercard®*. BMO® AIR MILES®† No-Fee Business® Mastercard, and BMO AIR MILES®† Mastercard. †/®† Trademark/Registered trademark of Bank of Montreal. ®*/TM* Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Used under license. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada. ®± “Shell” and the Shell Pecten are trademarks of Shell Brands International AG. Used under license. Used with permission by Bank of Montreal.

Hugs Mel

I would do that Flash offer in a hearbeat but we just topped the vehicle up before the big price jump. I'm doing a spend threshold on DH card at the moment so no shop at Metro before the 21st (that and I'm away on holdiay). Great haul for those who can complete it.

Day 3 MK
Another casual wake up as KeysTo the Kingdom isnt till 930am. Still made park by 830am and cruised the shops..grabbed breakfest at Starbucks,,,need a warm shout out to Mel, I woild never had thought about SB if she hadnt mentioned using the GC there. So I never goto SB at home, but down loaded the app put GC from AM on it,,and bang breakfest sandwiches paid for each morning..thanks Mel.
Checked into Keys at 920,,I wont go the whole tour,,it is 5 hours..we did lunch at Columbia Harbour House and road Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion..loved that the Cruise talked about what went into it,,not just the great jokes. Great learning about the park,the history and it enhansed our appreciation on what done around the parks. We did have time for Tron come up and as the guidd said we can go after and not worry about it we will get on.
After the tour,,back to resort to chill by the pool. Back to MK for around 6pm..jumped on people mover, grabed a salad at Launching pad,, downfall of MK not many good food options.Rode Pirates.then around 730 grabbed our place for the fireworks. Every night for the fireworks is busy,,but have to say getting there only 1 hour b4,,still were in middle hub not far from Walt and Mickey statue. And we did not get crammed in..nice. Show as amazing as always..headed to back of park so others can follow the herds out. Now MK had extended hours till midnight so we had planned to wait around as crowds died down..but reg park hours were till 10pm so all the rides after the fireworks jammed up quick. So being the way we were..headed back to hotel,,we will be back again. AK tommorow

Day 3 MK
Another casual wake up as KeysTo the Kingdom isnt till 930am. Still made park by 830am and cruised the shops..grabbed breakfest at Starbucks,,,need a warm shout out to Mel, I woild never had thought about SB if she hadnt mentioned using the GC there. So I never goto SB at home, but down loaded the app put GC from AM on it,,and bang breakfest sandwiches paid for each morning..thanks Mel.
Checked into Keys at 920,,I wont go the whole tour,,it is 5 hours..we did lunch at Columbia Harbour House and road Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion..loved that the Cruise talked about what went into it,,not just the great jokes. Great learning about the park,the history and it enhansed our appreciation on what done around the parks. We did have time for Tron come up and as the guidd said we can go after and not worry about it we will get on.
After the tour,,back to resort to chill by the pool. Back to MK for around 6pm..jumped on people mover, grabed a salad at Launching pad,, downfall of MK not many good food options.Rode Pirates.then around 730 grabbed our place for the fireworks. Every night for the fireworks is busy,,but have to say getting there only 1 hour b4,,still were in middle hub not far from Walt and Mickey statue. And we did not get crammed in..nice. Show as amazing as always..headed to back of park so others can follow the herds out. Now MK had extended hours till midnight so we had planned to wait around as crowds died down..but reg park hours were till 10pm so all the rides after the fireworks jammed up quick. So being the way we were..headed back to hotel,,we will be back again. AK tommorow
I am enjoying your report.
I am considering a very short (two or three day) trip for my birthday in February. My son doesn't want to travel with me any more so finding someone to watch him or be able to leave him along for a few days is the biggest concern. Your report is making me excited to do the things I'd like to do instead of running from Space Mountain to Tron to Big thunder to ??? over and over. It'll be my 50th so I'd like to celebrate that somehow! A nice trip to Disney might fit the bill.

Day4 AK
Arrived 8am,,breakfest at SB again..head to the Safari,,,treated to active animals Elephants playing a trunks twirlled together, warthogs runni ng about, giraffes necking,,,and even lions walking about....love this ride as different each time. Take in Festival of the Lion king, then to bird show, and head to Everest. Bad move,,Everest gets my head spinning,,but not too bad. Now about 1pm,,head to AKLodge to chill by their pool and treat myself to Zebra Domes,,so yummy and cant believe less than 5bucks for 4,, best snack value ever.
Head bacm to AK for 330pm and do Bugs Life,,,finish there and time for suprise the wife didnt know about,,Savour the Savana. Another great behind the scenes tour,,with light dinnet and drinks in the boma on the Savana.
Finish at 630 and park had closed at 6. So head to Springs. Wife wants to bring home Gideons for the girls. Back to resort around 830, I settle up our room charges now with the gc's I was able to save up with pcpoints. Remember to do this the night before,,or your cc will be charged in the am. Up to room and watch the last of the fireworks. Home tomorrow.

Hdrolfe it is certainly a different style of trip. Not worried that we didnt use our Tron pass or ridding everyrhing. Now some may say we spent alot to walk around the parks and not ride evsrything, but we see the vacation more than rides. Loved just walking around, stoppi g and enjoying the Dapper Dans. Or seeing the interaction of CM with the kids,,and even us. It was our 20th anniversay,DW 50th and my 55 little trip,,we are very fortunate that my sister was able to come and stay with our girls. Now DW still chatted many times a day with them and cried during FOTLK since it brought so many memories of the girls back, but still loved the big change if pace.
Now I know Mel was wondering about some of the tours, highly recommend the Keys,,,I think very affordable for 5 hours. If your a diver then ues the Divequest is great because no matter where in the world you dive,,you will never be with all those fish in one area. Also interacting with the guest is a rush. The Savana was good for us, but the Caring for the Giants might be good for some,,,less time and a lot less money.
Everything was great,,except I have time to write this as our Porter flight is almoat 2 hour delay after we arrived at the airport. Oh well Mickey doesny want us to leave.
Also Uber is the way to go if only a couple of people. It was 35 to resort and 30 back..both with tip.
Any questio just ask.

Thanks for all the info and the primer for my trip tomorrow. The 2 hour delay is my big concern as I would have liked to spend that time in the parks rather than at the airport. The flight schedule got moved about a month ago or so. Oh well, I've planned around it now.

Thanks for all the info and the primer for my trip tomorrow. The 2 hour delay is my big concern as I would have liked to spend that time in the parks rather than at the airport. The flight schedule got moved about a month ago or so. Oh well, I've planned around it now.
Flight delay just means for us waiting in Orlando airport instead of Ottawa airport as we are connecting thru,,,I like the new terminal here better...lol...but yes the wife keeps reminding me she could have been siiting at the pool right now.

I pray you make your connection in Ottawa so that you'll make it home tonight.
nope missed our connection, just made it to the gate and they just closed the doors, plane was still there and not letting us on. UGHHH,,,,twice flown with connections in Ottawa, twice missed,,,no more Ottawa,,,lol...
So to make the story even more exciting, when I booked, I did not look close and after noticed we were flying down thru Pearson, but return via Ottawa to Billy Bishop. I knew about the Ottawa part but glazed over the Billy part thinking when I put in return flight it should goto same airport. So worked out that I could leave our car half way at sister in laws and uber both ways. Now fast forward to missed Ottawa connection, wife panicking because she misses her babies, they rebook us 30mins later but now flying to Peason, because Billy has a time restriction on flights. So now we are flying to Pearson, but our car is not there. Oh well worked out best, since both ubers were less than parking for the 6 days.
No more Ottawa,,,at least flying.
Ottawamom have a great trip

I've got news! I have been forbidden to tell family/friends at home but not here :rolleyes1

I got a call two nights ago from DD and she was sobbing......she finally got details on going to her next ship. It's been a longer wait than she had anticipated, they kept telling her to hang on and it was in the works. Recently she said she had pretty much decided to pack it in and move on. She was well aware that what she had been approved to move up to was very specific and would take a while but still she did not think this long. Anyway, she will be back in rehearsal in July and back onboard in September. As it turns out she is going to be in the roll she wanted from the very beginning, this is not what she had been approved to move up to.

So I guess I'm cruising this winter again....maybe twice

I've got news! I have been forbidden to tell family/friends at home but not here :rolleyes1

I got a call two nights ago from DD and she was sobbing......she finally got details on going to her next ship. It's been a longer wait than she had anticipated, they kept telling her to hang on and it was in the works. Recently she said she had pretty much decided to pack it in and move on. She was well aware that what she had been approved to move up to was very specific and would take a while but still she did not think this long. Anyway, she will be back in rehearsal in July and back onboard in September. As it turns out she is going to be in the roll she wanted from the very beginning, this is not what she had been approved to move up to.

So I guess I'm cruising this winter again....maybe twice
Please congratulate her for me! Having seen her in action, she is perfect for any position on DCL. She is a very warm person. Does she know which ship she will be sailing? Have fun planning your own return to DCL. Something for both of you to look forward to.

Congrats to your D.D. Hon.
Here's some note paper to get you started on your cruising adventure planning Dancin Disney Style.
Hugs Mel

ddstyle4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter